Viking Sineus Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Sineus
|Year built||1979 / Age : 38|
|Builder||RSW Rosslauer Schiffswerft GmbH (Dessau-Rosslau, Germany)|
|Class||Russian river cruise ship (Vladimir Ilyich class)|
|Owner||North-Western Shipping Company (UCL Holding, Russia)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises Russia|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||129 m / 423 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5600 gt|
|Passengers||98 - 196|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||MS Mikhail Lomonosov, MS Viking Lomonosov|
Review of Viking Sineus
The Viking Sineus ship cruises on Dnieper River in Ukraine and Black Sea departing from Kiev and Odessa. This Viking cruise ship is named after Sineus - a Viking prince/chieftain from the Varangian Rus tribe. Brother to Truvor and Rurik, Sineus settled himself on the southern shores of White Lake ("Lake Beloye") establishing the town of Belozersk (aka Beloozero). The Truvor and Sineus territories were later consolidated by Rurik, who established his own dynasty in Kiev to rule over the Kievan Rus empire.
Viking Sineus accommodations meet all European comfort standards and provide hotel-style beds, 26-inch flat TVs, in-room refrigerators. The beautiful public areas and restaurant facilities help make Viking Sineus the finest river cruise ship in Ukraine. Take an unforgettable journey and choose the fully refurbished Sineus. This ship carries up to 202 guests in 98 spacious staterooms - 2 Junior Suites, 4 Suites, 32 Deluxe, 60 Veranda. Enjoy the sun deck with its shaded sitting area and 360-degree views and benefit from the restaurant, observation lounge, two bars with panoramic views, library and onboard boutique. There is free internet in every stateroom and a doctor, 24h available.
Viking Sineus river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Ukraine cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Sineus' Dnieper cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Sineus cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "FOOTSTEPS OF THE COSSACKS" are 11-days Ukraine/Dnieper river cruises from Kiev to Odessa, and the reverse from Odessa to Kiev. "Cruising Only" deals are 8 days in length. This itinerary route until recently was operated by the "Viking Lomonosov" ship. The "COSSACKS" itinerary is not yet officially announced by the Viking cruise line. Still, it is part of the old "Lomonosov" new "Sineus" ship's schedule calendar. The list of visited ports includes Zaporozhye and Kherson (on river Dnieper), and also Sevastopol and Yalta (Black Sea ports). Feature port activities are: Kiev (capital city), Zaporozhye (Cossacks, the Khortitsa Island), Kherson (St Catherine Cathedral), Sevastopol (St Vladimir Cathedral, Admiral Nakhimov Square, Bakhchisarai/Khan Palace tour), Yalta (on the Crimea peninsular- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, White Palace/WW2), Odessa (Aloupka Palace tour, botanical gardens).
- "BUCHAREST, ISTANBUL, BLACK SEA" are 12-days cruises from Bucharest to Istanbul, and the reverse from Istanbul to Bucharest. These Viking deals are inclusive 8 complimentary land tours/excursions and 4 countries to visit, plus Romania Danube Delta cruise (Nature-themed small boat cruise on Danube for bird watching).
- Viking Black Sea cruises deals are also inclusive of luxury hotel packages (1-night in Bucharest and 2-night in Istanbul), flight transfers Turkey-Bulgaria (Istanbul to Burgas /boarding), bus transfers between Tulcea (disembarkation/embarkation) and Bucharest. Optional hotel package deals are 2-night Istanbul (departures from Romania/Bucharest) and 3-night Bucharest (departures from Turkey/Istanbul).
Viking Sineus wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 98 (of which 6 Suite, 60 Balcony, 32 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Neva (dining room), Odessa (casual).
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama (observation), Sineus Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet stations), Shop (traditional Russian souvenirs /gifts), Promenade (deck 1), Sineus Lounge & Bar and Sun Deck Lounge & Bar (show, observation /both on top deck), 1 elevator.
- Viking Sineus river cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), laundry, room-service, Russia land tours/excursions, all ground transfers, themed live onboard entertainment, lecturers, Russian traditional food and vodka tastings, 24-hour tea/coffee, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Sineus boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Sineus is the Viking River Cruises Black Sea and Ukraine ship. The other vessels in the line's "Europe-Asia" fleet are the registered in Russia ships Akun, Helgi, Ingvar, Rurik, Truvor.
- The Viking Sineus ship was built in East Germany during the USSR times under the name "Mikhail Lomonosov". The Viking line acquired the vessel in 1990 and renamed it "Viking Lomonosov". In 2014, after an extensive refit and refurbishment it was renamed to its current name "Viking Sineus". The Lomonosov ship was one of all 22 Russian river cruise vessels constructed in the period 1974-1983 (Project name "301″ /second series, river passenger ship class “”Vladimir Ilyich”). Because of its V-bottom hull shape, Sineus can also operate as Black Sea cruise vessel.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - JR (x2, deck3), AA (x4, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - AX (x36, deck3), BX (x24, deck2)
- Deluxe RiverView Staterooms - CX (x4, deck1), DX (x20, deck1), EX (x8, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there. For other Russia-based ships you can visit our dedicated to Russian River Cruises hub.