Regent Seven Seas fleet
Review of Regent Seven Seas
The Regent cruise company, or officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) is a small top luxury ship cruise line (formerly known as "Radisson Seven Seas"). The Regent line belongs to Apollo Management LP - one of the largest private investment equity firms globally. RSSC's headquarters address is "1000 Corporate Drive, Suite 500, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33334 USA".
The RSSC ships are medium-size top luxury passenger ships, with capacity of up to 700 guests each, all 6-star rated all-suite all-balcony vessels. The Regent Seven Seas Line offers the generous space-to-guest ratio of over 70, and staff-to-guest ratio of 1/1,6 - some of the best ratios in the industry. Regent cruise ships offer some of the world's best, all-inclusive luxury cruise deals. These are also between the most expensive cruise vessels in the world.
The Regent cruise ships names have the prefix "Seven Seas", connotating all the world's oceans. The name is a most proper one, especially for the Voyager - an ex-USSR's Navy ice-class ship-to-be. Bought as a hulll, she is now one of the most recognizable top luxury passenger ships, sailing all the Seven Seas of the World.
The Regent Line serves a clientele of predominantly affluent, middle-age and older travelers, who expect a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and sophistication on board. The line is an epitome for impeccable service of the highest standards. The RSSC's all inclusive vacation packages offer care-free world cruising in an ambiance of luxury, quality and value.
RSSC is well appreciated also as one of the best lines for families celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. The Regent luxury ships enjoy some of the highest passenger loyalty rates.
In January 2016, an USD 125 million drydock refurbishment plan was revealed for 3 ships in the RSSC fleet. The aim was to bring the vessels in line with the new Seven Seas Explorer (launched in 2016). The 2-year fleet upgrade plan started with the smallest 490-passenger Seven Seas Navigator (April 2016). Seven Seas Voyager was next (2016), followed by Seven Seas Mariner (2017).
The list of numerous onboard renovations included refurbishing of most public spaces, complete redesign of all staterooms, ship technology and equipment upgrades. After the fleet renovation program was completed, RSSC started offering free unlimited Internet and Wi-Fi to all cruise passengers (regardless cabin categories).
As a top-luxury, all-inclusive cruise line, RSSC provides deals inclusive of beverages (including fine wines and premium spirits) and all-inclusive cruise fares (with roundtrip airfare, shore excursions, gratuities included). The line's newly expanded shore excursions program offers complimentary 3-night land tours in new locations (Cape Town South Africa, Hong Kong and Beijing China, Angkor Wat Cambodia). The experience features African safaris, China's Great Wall, elephant camp in Thailand.
Regent cruise ships
Follows a list of common features regarding the RSSC line's vessels:
- Owner/operator (Regent Seven Seas)
- Hallmark ("The Regent Experience")
- Registry/ Flag (Bahamas), ship class (Single)
- Private Island (Princess Cays)
- Dining options: Compass Rose main restaurant (open seating), 2-3 alternative restaurants, 24hr room service.
- Dress-Code: day Casual, Formal evenings - men (dark suit / dinner jacket), ladies (cocktail dress), tipping free.
- SPA services by "Canyon Ranch", sauna-steam-fitness, casino, 1 outdoor pool (2-3 Jacuzzis)
- All-Suite ships. Regent cruise suites sizes range from 23 to 112m2, with a large living area, walk-in-closet, safe, refrigerator, minibar, marble bathroom (full-size bathtub, separate shower), King-size beds (lowest categories with twin-beds converting to Queen), Butler-service for Penthouse and higher.
Among RSSC ships' best features are:
- All-suite, all-balcony spacious luxurious accommodations (higher categories are butler-served). Highly personalized and attentive service, tipping-free environment.
- Single open-seating dining in "Compass Rose" and "La Veranda", gourmet cuisine. Alternative dining venues (including "Signatures", operated by Le Cordon Bleu of Paris, and "Prime 7")
- Spa and fitness by "Canyon Ranch SpaClub", complimentary steam room and sauna. Tennis courts, outdoor pools, walking/ jogging tracks. Complimentary 24-hour room service, 24-hour complimentary Coffee Corner.
- European-style casino, library, nightclubs and themed lounges, spacious public areas. Cabaret-style revues, special shows. Enrichment programs (with guest lecturers)
- "Club Mariner" youth program (ages 5 to 17), available during the summer months, and on the holiday trips to Alaska, Bermuda, the Baltic and the Caribbean.
- "Regent Travel Concierge" (exotic shore excursions). Port-intensive itineraries. Includes a travel agent finder.
- Built (1999), Builder (T. Mariotti, Italy)
- Capacity (490+340 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (252, balconied 216, all-suite, all-oceanview)
- Accommodation types and sizes (balcony-included, 6 suite categories, ranging from 28 to 49 m2) - 36 Window Suites (decks 5-6, 301ft2), 158 Balcony Suites (decks 6-7-8-9, 301 ft2), 40 Penthouse Suites (decks 10-11, 301 ft2), 10 Navigator Suites (deck 9, 448 ft2), 4 Grand Suites (decks 7-8, 539 ft2), 4 Master Suites (decks 9-10, 920 ft2)
- Technics: tonnage 28,550 GRT, length 172m, width 25m, draft 7m, 13 decks, speed 36km/h
- The vessel has no sisters, its hull being constructed in the former USSR (Russia) as an ice-class naval vessel. It was purchased by RSSC, and finished in Genoa Italy.
- Built (2001)
- passenger capacity (700), staff and crew (445)
- cabins - 354 balconied suites, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to 112 m2)
- cabin types and sizes (balcony-included, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to
112 m2) - 262 Deluxe Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 252 ft2), 60 Penthouse Suites (decks 8-910-11, 376 ft2), 12 Horizon Suites (deck 7-8-9-10, 359 ft2), 2 fwd Seven Seas Suites (deck 10, 505 ft2), 8 aft Seven Seas Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 561 ft2), 2 Grand Suites (deck 11, 623 ft2), 6 Mariner Suites (decks 8-9-10, 650 ft2), 2 Master Suites (deck 9, 1204 ft2)
- ship specifications tonnage 48,075 GRT, length 216m, width 28m, draft 6m, 8 decks, 5 elevators, speed 37km/h
- The world's first with all-suite, all-balcony cabins, and the world's first to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant at sea.
- Built (2003)
- Capacity (700+447 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (Cabins (354 balconied suites, accommodation types and sizes equal with those of the Mariner ship)
- Technics: tonnage 42,363 GRT, length 204m, width 29m, draft 7m, 9 decks, 5 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- The world's 2nd all-suite, all-balcony ship. and the world's 2nd to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant (after her sister-ship Mariner).
- Built (Explorer 2016, Splendor 2020), Builder (Fincantieri, Italy)
- Capacity (738+542 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (369 balconied suites, 16 suite categories)
- Technics: tonnage 56,000 GRT, length 224m, width 31m, draft 7m, 10 decks, 8 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- Regent’s largest ship ever built. The most expensive luxury passenger ship in the world, with the largest suite on board.
Itinerary of Regent Seven Seas
The RSSC vessels call on over 300 ports worldwide (including Antarctica). They sail to the most exotic sea ship travel destinations, with almost unlimited shore excursions. The class of these vessels allows visiting more intimate ports, not accessible to larger ones, though they sail on relatively longer itineraries - from 1 week to almost 3 month cruises.
Regent Seven Seas destinations include:
- Regent World cruise deals for Around the World voyages since 2002
- All Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England, Bermuda and Caribbean
- Mexico, Panama Canal, South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, Asia Pacific
- South America, Africa, India, Antarctica.
RSSC cruises to Cuba 2018-2019-2020
Regent Seven Seas, the only North American luxury line granted permission to offer cruises to Cuba, added more calls at the Caribbean island on a couple of itineraries in 2019-2020.
Seven Seas Mariner sails on the first immersive Cuba itinerary of the line on her October 15, 2019 cruise, visiting Cienfuegos, Havana and Santiago de Cuba, providing passengers more chances to engage in people-to-people activities intended to to immerse in the culture of the island. Havana is also added into the April 25, 2020 voyage onboard Seven Seas Navigator.
Cruisers can choose among 8 itineraries that provide an opportunity to visit Cuba. Mariner’s October 10, 2018 cruise, calls again on Havana on the trans-Panama Canal sailing to the South Pacific, while the new October 15, 2019 trip offers 3 Cuban ports.
Caribbean itineraries which also visit Havana include November 11, 2018 & April 25, 2020 voyages onboard Seven Seas Navigator, and December 6 & 16, 2018, February 6 & March 5, 2019 voyages onboard Seven Seas Voyager.
The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba includes:
- Carnival Paradise leaving from Tampa Florida - cheapest prices (from USD 480 pp)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Holland America (ship Veendam) leaving from Fort Lauderdale since December 2017
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- NCL (ship Norwegian Sky, 4-day itineraries with Havana overnights - starting May 2017
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- Grand Circle Cruise Line (ship MV Clio / ex Tere Moana) one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami (embarkation/disembarkation in port Cienfuegos).
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Victory Cruise Lines - MS Victory I (former MS Saint Laurent) - fly-cruises from Miami to Havana (home-port Cienfuegos /departures)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
- Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles (California USA). An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Seven Seas Explorer Maiden Voyage to South America
Seven Seas Explorer is cruising to South America for the first time. Following her journeys in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Africa and Northern Europe during her first 2 years, Seven Seas Explorer calls at picturesque ports in ten South American countries from January through March 2019 during 5 voyages.
The final trip of ship's South American program is on February 17 from Chile to LA.
The 5 cruises include:
- January 20 - 12-night from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires, visiting ports in Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina; 28-night from Rio de Janeiro to Santiago, visiting ports in Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Falkland Islands.
- February 1 - 16-night from Buenos Aires to Santiago, visiting ports in Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Falkland Islands.
- February 1 - 36-night from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles, visiting ports in Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Falkland Islands, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala.
- February 17 - 20-night from Santiago to Los Angeles, visiting ports in Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Mexico.
In addition, the Regent Seven Seas ship is sailing to South America via her Cape Town to Rio de Janeiro cruise on January 6, which arrives in Brazil at 8:00 a.m. on January 19. A limited number of suites are offered on thе transatlantic voyage.
Regent Seven Seas Splendor Inaugural Season 2020
The first voyage onboard Seven Seas Splendor begins on February 7, 2020 and takes guests on a 14-night transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Miami FL. The inaugural season of Seven Seas Splendor reveals a lineup of destination-rich itineraries visiting iconic locations throughout North America, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean.
Following her first transatlantic cruise on February 7, Seven Seas Splendor transits Panama Canal on her way to Los Angeles February 25, 2020, visits Cartagena and anchors along the coastline of Cabo San Lucas. Then, she offers the chance to traverse the canal west to east, as she sails out of Los Angeles to Miami FL on March 14, 2020.
Back on Atlantic coast, the ship embarks on a spring sojourn between Florida and New York City on April 1, 2020. Highlights include overnights in Oranjestad and Charleston, before arriving in the Big Apple. Then, from NYC, she sets her course to Barcelona, departing on April 16, 2020 for 2 weeks.
Beginning April 30, Splendor kicks off her inaugural Mediterranean season with the advantage of being the best size to reach the most intimate ports in the region, such as Palamos, Toulon, Kotor. The first of the Mediterranean cruises is a 12-night on May 28, 2020 from Barcelona which culminates with an overnight stay in Venice. Seven Seas Splendor rings in the summer via a 12-night trip to the ancient world June 4, 2020 including visits to Jerusalem and Rhodes. Then, two more 10-night cruises from Ibiza to Rome set sail on June 16 and 26, 2020.
Seven Seas Splendor sails across Europe during its inaugural 15 destination-rich summer voyages. Splendor brings passengers during summer 2020 to hidden gems of Zadar in Croatia and Koper in Slovenia, as well as to the culinary capitals of Barcelona and Bordeaux. The vessel takes guests to the iconic Isles, both Greek and British, and arrives at the shores of Italian and French Riviera. Passengers canl witness the beauty of Iberian landscape and cross the Atlantic Ocean.
In addition to the 6 previously announced winter 2020 voyages, Seven Seas Splendor’s Inaugural Europe Collection for summer 2020 includes the following 15 itineraries:
- May 12 - Enchanting Mediterranean: from Venice to Rome (including a call in Cannes on May 18 during the Film Festival)
- May 21 - Exquisite Riviera: from Rome to Barcelona (including a call in Monte Carlo on May 24 during Monaco Grand Prix)
- July 6 - Secret Isles: from Rome to Venice
- July 13 - Spirit of Greece: from Venice to Venice
- July 23 - Festa in Italia: from Venice to Barcelona
- August 4 - Iberian Peaks & Coasts: from Barcelona to Southampton
- August 18 - British Immersion: from Southampton to Southampton
- August 30 - Europe Beyond Measure: from Southampton to Monte Carlo
- September 14 - Spanish Embrace: from Monte Carlo to Rome
- September 24 - Aegean Treasures: from Rome to Athens
- October 4 - Grecian Wonders: from Rome to Istanbul
- October 14 - Ancient Ruins & Picturesque Shores: from Istanbul to Venice
- October 24 - An Italian Romance: from Venice to Rome
- November 3 - Lovely Mediterranean: from Rome to Barcelona
- November 13 - The Perfect Sojourn: from Barcelona to Miami.
RSSC 2020-2021 deployment
Regent Seven Seas unveiled its 2020-2021 itineraries, showcasing 167 cruises including maiden calls to a total of 11 new ports across Asia, Europe and the Americas, 4 newly-released Grand Voyages, as well as new pre-and post-cruise land tours.
New ports of call include Stornoway (Hebrides), La Rochelle, Aalborg, Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City), Lecce (Otranto), Crotone (Calabria), Siracusa (Sicily), Porto Empedocle (Sicily), Porto Torres (Sardinia), and Cabo Frio.
4 new Grand Voyages include a 61-night Grand Asia Exploration, 68-night Grand Cape Horn Adventure, 76-night Grand Spice Route Quest, 91-night Grand Arctic Discovery.
In total, Regent Seven Seas 2020-2021 season features most overnight stays ever, a total of 114, and 352 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Itinerary Highlights include:
- Seven Seas Splendor’s Inaugural Europe Collection visits French Riviera, Greek Isles, Iberian Peninsula, UK and more. Passengers can discover up to 95 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as the City of Rhodes and Painted Churches in Troodos Region of Cyprus. Splendor then crosses to the Caribbean for winter season 2020-2021. Nine of ship's Caribbean cruises visit Havana, Cuba, 3 of which are overnights.
- Seven Seas Explorer sails in Mediterranean and Northern Europe during summer 2020. The season features 2 roundtrip Southampton UK cruises: a traditional circumnavigation of the United Kingdom and a calling on France and Spain, including an overnight in Bordeaux. Ship's first-ever Asia itineraries include a roundtrip Tokyo cruise on April 6, 2021 while the full collection includes overnights in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Osaka. Explorer then sails Alaska for the first time during 2021 summer. New call ports include La Rochelle, Stornoway (Hebrides), Aalborg, and Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City).
- Seven Seas Voyager spends summer 2020 in the Mediterranean. On its November 14, 2020 cruise, Voyager returns to Africa calling at Dakar, Banjul, Abidjan, Sekondi-Takoradi, Lome, Sao Tome, Walvis Bay, and Cape Town. In early 2021, the ship sails back to South America for the first time in nearly a decade, visiting Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, and the coastal cities of Brazil.
- Seven Seas Mariner sails Alaska during summer 2020. A couple of voyages are ten or more nights and include visits to ports including Victoria BC and Wrangell, not visited during 7-night voyages. South American cruises feature overnights in Lima (Callao), Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, and Manaus (Amazon River). Before sailing into Amazon, Mariner calls on a new port, Esmeraldas, in Ecuador. The vessel then sails north to the Mexican Riviera and Caribbean. The 117-night World Cruise aboard Seven Seas Mariner sails from Miami FL to Barcelona departing January 5, 2021.
- Seven Seas Navigator cruises on May 22, June 5, June 15, 2020 offer late spring/early summer visits to Canadian and New England ports. Navigator then spends the summer cruising through Northern Europe including the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Russia, Norway. Following a transatlantic crossing, the ship calls on Bermuda, Caribbean and South Pacific in 2021.
Regent Seven Seas related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Seven Seas Explorer is cruising to South America for the first time. Following her journeys in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Africa and Northern...November 22, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises introduced two passenger experience enhancements reflecting guest recommendations and emerging luxury trends in cruising...November 17, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas introduced a second Cuban cruise for 2019. The new voyage will take place between October 22 and November 1, 2019. The cruise line...October 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas unveiled its 2020-2021 itineraries, showcasing 167 cruises including maiden calls to a total of 11 new ports across Asia, Europe...August 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Luxury line Regent Seven Seas announced plans for another epic world voyage including stops in every of the seven continents except Antarctica. The...July 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seven Seas Splendor, the ultra-luxurious cruiser joining Regent Seven Seas’ fleet in February 2020, will sail across Europe during its...July 14, 2018
UPDATE: The man who went overboard from Seven Seas Mariner has been recovered in waters off southwest Vancouver Island and pronounced dead in...July 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The keel laying ceremony was held on Thursday, June 28, at Ancona shipyard for Seven Seas Splendor, the 2nd super luxury cruise ship which...June 28, 2018
Air Station Kodiak MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew has medevaced a 55-year-old woman from Regent's cruise ship Seven Seas Mariner approx 23 miles...June 22, 2018
- Cruise Industry
In celebration of World Oceans Day, leading global cruise company Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., which operates Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven...June 9, 2018
- show more news