Commodore Clipper ferry current position
Commodore Clipper ferry current location is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 50.81241 N / -1.09451 W) cruising en route to GUERNSEY. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Commodore Clipper ferry
|Year built||1999 / Age: 22|
|Builder||Van Der Giessen de Noord (Krimpen aan den IJssel, Holland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Portsmouth-Guernsey-Jersey|
|Building cost||USD 48 million|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||129 m / 423 ft|
|Beam (width)||23 m / 75 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||14000 gt|
|Passengers||300 - 500|
Commodore Clipper ferry Review
Review of Commodore Clipper ferry
MS Commodore Clipper ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Guernsey-based company CONDOR FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 500 passengers and 350 cars (or 92 lorries / 12-m trailers). The vessel was launched in 1999 and currently operates on the UK-Channel Islands ferry route Portsmouth-Jersey (crossing time 7 hours). The inter-island service Guernsey-Jersey is 2 hours.
As cruise ferry, Commodore Clipper has 40 quad cabins (a total of 160 berths). All these family staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The cabins (inside and outside) can sleep up to 4 passengers (fitted with 2 lower and 2 bunk beds). Cots can be also provided (subject to availability). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
- 2 disabled cabins are specifically designed for wheelchair users. These are double cabins (max occupancy 2 persons) and offer access to a shared adapted bathroom (washing/lavatory facility that is lockable to ensure privacy).
- Passengers can upgrade to Superior Cabin (forward-facing, with bigger windows, complimentary bottle of water, a bowl of fruits, premium linen, and additional pillows). Cabin passengers traveling overnight are entitled to a breakfast voucher for complimentary breakfast.
- All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Commodore Clipper ship offers:
- Casquetts Bistro (self-service restaurant) offers hot and cold meals, Full English Breakfast, vegan, vegetarian and healthy food options.
- Clipper Brasserie (pub restaurant) offers a full selection of main hot and cold meals, as well as lighter bites, sandwiches, salads, desserts, hot and cold beverages.
- Condor Traveller Bar is a panoramic bar (cafeteria/patisserie) offering sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot and cold beverages.
- The ship provides a total of 340 seats in two seating lounges - Reserved Seating Lounge and Ocean Club Lounge (first-class). Both are with airline-type fully reclining seats. Ocean Club (VIP lounge) additionally offers tables for work, steward service, complimentary newspapers and drinks (coffee and tea).
- ADORE duty-free shop is a combined boutique-convenience store selling gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, designed jewelry, watches and sunglasses, fashion clothing and accessories, confectionery, toys, games, Crayola products, travel gadgets, electronics.
- Kids Playroom (indoor playground equipped with toys, games, large TV), Baby Changing Rooms
- Video Games Room (arcade machines)
- Disabled Lifts (for passengers with reduced mobility). If an onboard elevator breaks down, stair climbing devices are used to move passengers with reduced mobility (including in wheelchairs/pushchairs) from car decks to their cabin.
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to the Reception / lobby area).
- On the top deck (after the Navigation Bridge) is the ship's helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- Foot passengers are allowed to carry free of charge personal luggage up to 25 kg. It must be labeled (name and destination). After check-in, luggage is loaded and ready for collection in the homeport's arrivals hall. Accepting excess luggage is subject to space availability and is charged. At cargo rates are charged camping equipment, musical instruments, filming and radio transmitting equipment, surf and windsurfing boards.
- Foot passengers and passengers with bicycles must arrive for embarkation at least 40 min prior departure (1 hour for car passengers and motorbikes). Disabled passengers must arrive 90 min prior departure (boarding assistance is provided).
- To ferry caravans, motorhomes or campervans from the UK to the Channel Islands, entry permits are required. Bicycles are ferried free of charge (subject to availability) but must be pre-booked online.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Pets on the ship
The ferry company participates in PETS (Pet Travel Scheme) system allowing pet animals to travel easily on ferries between European member countries without undergoing quarantine.
- In accordance with PETS requirements, on crossings between UK-France and UK-Channel Islands, pets must have all the needed documentation in order to be able to travel.
- On these voyages, pets are allowed to travel only in pet carriers (stored in a designated car deck area).
- Each animal is charged per voyage - GBP 10 (UK-Channel Islands) and GBP 25 (UK-France). Pets inside the vehicles travel for free.
- Guide dogs travel for free, but proper documentation must be provided by the owner. Guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owners, with access to all passenger decks and all public spaces.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator Condor Ferries (founded in 1964, headquartered in St Peter Port, Guernsey, owned by Commodore Group/part of Macquarie Group) offers passenger and freight ferry services between UK-France and the Channel Islands - Jersey (St Helier Port) and Guernsey (St Peter Port). Condor Ferries current fleet includes the fast ferries Condor Rapide (high-speed catamaran) and Condor Liberation (high-speed trimaran) and the ships Commodore Clipper and Commodore Goodwill.
Commodore Clipper ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Commodore Clipper ferryAdd Photo
Commodore Clipper ferry ship related cruise news
A cruiseferry passenger has been taken off Commodore Clipper by lifeboat on Friday, October 5, after falling ill during a Channel Islands' crossing...October 6, 2018
- show more news
Commodore Clipper ferry Wiki
The ship is powered by to MAK marine diesel engines (model 9M32, total output 8,76 MW). The propulsion system consists of two controllable pitch propellers (portside and starboard) and two fixed-pitch bow thrusters (forward).
Commodore Clipper ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review