Cracovia ferry current position
Cracovia ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 54.88318 N / 13.94108 E) cruising at speed of 10.6 kn (20 kph/ 12 mph) en route to SWI<=>YST. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Cracovia ferry
|Year built||2002 / Age: 20|
|Builder||Navantia Puerto Real Shipyard (Cadiz, Spain)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Swinoujscie-Ystad|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||24 m / 79 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||25028 gt|
|Passengers||546 - 650|
|Former names||Murillo, Drujba|
Cracovia ferry Review
Review of Cracovia ferry
MS Cracovia ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Polish company POLFERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 650 passengers and 64 cars plus 124 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 2002 and currently operates on the Poland-Sweden ferry route Swinoujscie-Ystad (crossing time 6 hours).
As cruise ferry, Cracovia has a total of 382 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, WC, shower). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
- Two staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers and people with reduced mobility). The ship also offers 5 Pet-friendly" cabins.
- Passenger cabins (all located on deck 7) are inside and outside, in the economy and luxury class.
- Luxury cabins are with double occupancy, lower fixed beds, double sofa, writing table with chair, closet, wall-mounted reading lamps, TV, phone.
The ship additionally has reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking in Reserved Seating Lounge.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Cracovia ship offers:
- (Deck 7) Lobby area (Reception, luggage lockers), Sick-bay (Infirmary / Doctor's Office)
- (Deck 8) Buffet Restaurant (self-service)
- (Deck 8) Cafe Bar Corsario, Cafeteria
- (Deck 8) Gaming area with slot machines
- (Deck 8) Kids Zone is a Children's Playroom (indoor playground) with large TV and panoramic windows. The supervised kids' activities include organized art-craft competitions with prizes.
- (Deck 8) Reserved Seating Lounge has reclining / Pullman seats.
- (Deck 8) Duty-Free Shop is a retail selling alcohol (liquors, beers, wines), tobaccos, perfumes and cosmetics, sunglasses, watches, jewelry, designer clothes, and accessories (by the brands Levi's, Wrangler, Gatta, Wolbar, Cornette), electronics and gadgets, toys, confectionery, gifts, and souvenirs.
- Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 7)
- (Deck 9) Wheelhouse/Navigation Bridge and Helideck (helipad) - helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency.
- Passenger-accessible Sun Decks are available aft on decks 7-8. Aft on sundeck 8 there is a toilet for dogs.
Two passenger lifts connect decks 7-8.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Garage decks (for cars and trucks) are decks 3-4-5. They are connected via 3 ramps - 1 bow, 1 stern and 1 tiltable.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Polferries (fleet, 1976-founded, headquartered in Kolobrzeg, Poland) is Poland's largest ferry shipping company with Baltic Sea lines connecting Poland with Sweden.
Cracovia ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Cracovia ferryAdd Photo
Other POLFERRIES cruise ships
Cracovia ferry Wiki
The vessel was built in 2002 (yard #291) for Arrecife Naviera (shipowner until 2012). Under the name "MS Murillo" it was operated by TRASMEDITERRANEA until 2014. The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 9L38) with combined power output 26,1 MW.
In 2014, the ferry was sold to "Bulgaria West Port" and operated in the Black Sea as "MS Drujba" (until 2017).
In 2017, the ship was purchased by POLFERRIES and rebuilt and refurbished at Gryfia Shipyard (Szczecin). On September 10, 2017, the ship left the drydock with increased passenger capacity (650) and cargo capacity (2196 lane meters) allowing the transportation of 64 cars plus 124 trucks (98 long-haul and 26 short-haul). During the 3-month drydock was also added the new hull art on the bow (designed by Mariusz Waras).
In summer 2018 (June 30 through August 25) the ship operated on the Poland-Denmark route Swinoujscie-Ronne with once per week departures (on Saturdays).
Cracovia ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review