Volcan de Tinamar ferry current position
Volcan de Tinamar ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 39.42345 N / 0.31536 E) cruising at speed of 22.5 kn (42 kph/ 26 mph) en route to PALMA. The AIS position was reported 5 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Volcan de Tinamar ferry
|Year built||2011 / Age: 10|
|Builder||Barreras Shipyard (Vigo, Spain)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Las Palmas (Gran Canaria)-Santa Cruz (Tenerife)-Huelva (Spain)|
|Speed||26 kn / 48 kph / 30 mph|
|Length (LOA)||175 m / 574 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||29757 gt|
|Sister-ships||Volcan del Teide ferry|
Volcan de Tinamar ferry Review
Review of Volcan de Tinamar ferry
MS Volcan de Tinamar ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Canaries-based company NAVIERA ARMAS. The ship has a max capacity of 1500 passengers and 600 cars (or 117 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 2011 and currently operates the Granada Spain-Canary Islands service on the ferry route Huelva-Tenerife-Gran Canaria (crossing time 36 hours).
As cruise ferry, Volcan de Tinamar has 136 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 472 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, toiletries. The ship has one Penthouse Suite (with 2 step-out balconies and all meals included), as well as double and quad cabins. Baby cot beds are available on request (at ship's Reception Desk).
All standard cabins are fitted with a mirror, separate bathroom (WC /shower/washbasin), bedside table-cabinet, wardrobe, TV, seating area (1 round table, 2 armchairs). One stateroom is wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). Naviera Armas ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins". Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (double/triple occupancy). The animals must be in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled while in public.
The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge (VIPs Armchair Hall). The salon has 90% reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking and offers free water and juice service, private locker rooms, complimentary blankets.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Volcan de Tinamar ship offers:
- Buffet / Self-Service Restaurant offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks. High chairs are available for children. The ferry company offers a dining bonus available to purchase both in its land offices and on the ship. The bonus includes all breakfast, lunches, and dinners in the Buffet Restaurant. Lunch and dinner consist of 2 courses (first and main), beverages (water/soda) and dessert. Other drinks are not included.
- The 24-hour open Cafeteria serves beverages, cocktails, coffee, light snacks, sweets.
- The 24-hour open Pool Bar serves drinks, coffee, sweets, fresh fruits/juices, premium ice-cream.
- Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Daytime entertainment and nightly shows are available, as well as a mini disco for kids, and other animation activities.
- Sun Deck's Swimming Pool is open 24 hours per day.
- Hammock Area, Outdoor Fitness Center, Disabled WCs
- Tax-Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards VISA, ServiRed, MASTERCARD (minimum amount EUR 6). For operational reasons, EUR 200 banknotes are not accepted. Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Wi-Fi service (free of charge), ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception - midship on Lobby Deck)
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs).
- The ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a forward-located helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All seating areas are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sports and music programs.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Naviera Armas (headquartered in Las Palmas (Gran Canaria, Canary Islands) is a Spanish ferry company operating mainly inter-island shipping services in the Canaries. Outbound routes connect the Canary Islands with mainland Spain (via North Africa). Naviera Armas current fleet includes the large ships Volcan de Tamadaba, Volcan de Tamasite, Volcan de Tijarafe, Volcan de Timanfaya, Volcan del Teide (sistership), Volcan de Tinamar, plus several HSCs (high-speed catamaran ferries). All Naviera Armas ships are Spain-flagged (registered in Canary Islands ports).
Volcan de Tinamar ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Volcan de Tinamar ferryAdd Photo
Other NAVIERA ARMAS cruise ships
Volcan de Tinamar ferry Wiki
MS Volcan de Tinamar vessel's previous owner (between 2011-2016) was the Valencia-headquartered CaixaBank - currently ranked Spain's 3rd-largest (after Banco Santander, and BBVA-Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria). The company Naviera Armas SA officially acquired the cruise ship in 2016. Its cargo capacity is 2000 lanemeters, allowing storage for 600 cars or 117 trailers/trucks.
The NAVIERA ARMAS Tinamar ship was built by Barreras Shipyard (Vigo, Spain). Its powerplant is based on four MAN marine diesel engines (model 7L48-60CR, common-rail, 4-stroke, 7-cylinder) with combined power output 33,6 MW (8,4 MW each). These are medium-speed marine diesel engines integrated with turbochargers (MAN TCA55).
These common-rail engines are a new model for MAN Diesel & Turbo. They are fitted with a system of high-pressure pumps that allows fuel-injection pressure for each of the 7 cylinders, which additionally optimizes fuel consumption (especially at low loads) and also lowers emission levels (NOx, CO2, soot particles). The flow-limiting injection valves are electronically controlled as the fuel-injection system is integrated with the ship's SaCoSone MMS (MAN's engine control system). The cruiseferry Tinamar can also use HFO (heavy fuel oil) as the engines can be started and stopped with this tar-like marine fuel.
Volcan de Tinamar ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review