Istanbul Cruise Port is located on the border between Europe and Asia. The magic Istanbul is on the Marmara sea washed by the waters of the Bosphorus. Istanbul Cruise Port is one the busiest cruise ports in Turkey. The cruise ship schedule offers voyages in the Middle East and Mediterranean. Istanbul Cruise Port serves cruise lines like Celebrity, Princess, Costa, Oceania Cruises, Hapag-Lloyd, Cunard, Azamara Club Cruises, MSC Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Holland America Lines, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Silversea Cruises and Seabourn.
Highlights: Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofya
Istanbul cruise terminal
Istanbul Cruise Port is located near the Galata Tower. The cruise ships anchor at the Yolcu Salonu passenger terminal (Karaköy Yolcu Salonu). It is in Karakoy, on the waterfront of the Bosphorus.
Istanbul Cruise Port Terminal is right in the heart of the city, close to the main city highlights. It is easy to catch a tram across the Galata Bridge and go to the Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet, Topkapi and the Spice Bazaar. The Galata Bridge is in 10 minutes walking distance.
Istanbul Cruise Port Terminal is emblazoned with the cheery “Welcome to Istanbul” legend.
The quays are along the shore starting from the Golden Horn mouth and going northeastward to the Findikli and Tophane districts.
Yolcu Salonu passenger terminal is capable to accommodate four cruise ships. If there are more, they will use the Salipazari Pier.
Istanbul Cruise Port is 20 km (or 25 minutes) away from the Ataturk International Airport.
The terminal building has three halls for passengers and its capacity is 10,000 passengers an hour
Istanbul tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Galata Tower: half a kilometer away from Istanbul Cruise Port. Take a bird-eye view from the Galata Tower top. You will see the amazing modern part of the old Istanbul.
- Basilica Cistern: dates from the 6th century, one of the most romantic attraction.
- Aya Sofya: 4 km away from Istanbul Cruise Port. The extraordinary church dates from 6th century.
- Topkapi Palace: 3 km away from Istanbul Cruise Port. It is a must-see attraction. Topkapi used to be the home of many sultans generations. Discover the delicate kiosks, the lush green courtyards and the secretive harem.
- Ayasofya Hürrem Sultan Hamam: located in the Sultanahmet Square . It was built in the 16th century for Roxelana, the wife of Suleiman the Magnificent. You can also visit more steamy bathhouses like Ca?alo?lu, Çemberlita?,Sülemaniye and Galatasaray baths.
- Blue Mosque: 4 km away from Istanbul Cruise Port, just across Aya Sofya. The Blue Mosque was designed by Sedefkar Mehmed Aga and dates from the early years of the 17th century. It is surrounded by small lively park.
- Istanbul Archaeology Museums: great place with section for all the family.
- Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum: housed in the former Ibrahim Pasha Palace.
- Süleymaniye Mosque: designed for Suleiman the Magnificent by Sinan, famous Ottoman architect.
- Taksim Square: two and a half kilometers away from Istanbul Cruise Port.
- Grand Bazar: take a 20 minutes walk from Istanbul Cruise Port to find almost everything at this marketplace.
- Dolmabahce Palace: 3 km away from Istanbul Cruise port. The stunning palace was constructed in the period 1843-1856 by the architect of Sultan Abdulmecid, Karabet Balyan.
Hotels near Istanbul cruise port terminal
- Titanic City Taksim
- Gezi Hotel Bosphorus Istanbul
- Ottoman Palace Taksim Square Hotel
- Divan Istanbul
- The House Hotel Nisantasi
- Innpera Hotel
- Elite World Istanbul Hotel
- Rixos Taksim Istanbul
- Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Pera
- The Marmara Taksim
- Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul
- Martı Istanbul Hotel
- Nixon Bosphorus Hotel
- CVK Hotels & Resorts Park Bosphorus Istanbul
- Dosso Dossi Hotels Old City
- Grand Hyatt Istanbul
- InterContinental Istanbul
- Swissotel The Bosphorus Istanbul
- Rixos Pera Istanbul
- The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul
- 10 Karakoy - A Morgans Original
The Istanbul cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Istanbul, Turkey.
If you lose the Istanbul location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Istanbul cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Istanbul, Turkey. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 April, 2017
19 April, 2017
The closing down of the main cruise port of Istanbul for the extension of port project negatively affected the economy of one of the prime ...October 25, 2016
Recently at Lotus shipyard, Astrakhan, part of ASC (United Shipbuilding Company) the keel was laid for the 1st Russian passenger cruise ship in...September 5, 2016
Following the failed attempt by Turkish military to overthrow the president Recep Tayyip Erdogan, major cruise lines have begun canceling port calls...July 19, 2016
Some of the major cruise lines still calling at Istanbul, Turkey are beginning to cancel port calls there following yesterday's latest airport...June 29, 2016
Viking Ocean Cruises announced that its second cruise ship, Viking Sea, had embarked on her maiden voyage (April 4 - April 12) to Venice from...April 5, 2016
It’s a tough time now for one of the most amazing cities in the world: each terror attack in the streets prompts tourists to quickly turn their...March 21, 2016
Passengers on ms Europa 2 voyage May 14-24, 2016 sailing out of Istanbul to Piraeus will be able to vote on where to cruise and what ports...February 6, 2016
MSC Cruises followed Crystal Cruises and also suspended calls in Turkey. The line said that the move to suspend calls in Turkish ports would be...January 20, 2016
River cruise specialist Scenic Cruises is entering ocean cruise market with the launch of its brand new ultra-luxury ship in August 2018. The...January 17, 2016
Crystal Cruises pulled two Turkey cruise ports from upcoming voyages in light of violence in Istanbul. Sailings on Crystal Esprit and Crystal...January 16, 2016