Le Havre (cruise port to Paris) is a major seaport located approx 131 ml (211 km) from France's capital city. The port is on Europe's Atlantic coast and at the English Channel. The city covers a total area of approx 47 km2 (18 ml2) and has population around 175,000 (metro around 295,000).
- Port Le Havre is France's second largest commercial seaport (after Marseille, on the Mediterranean Sea) in terms of overall cargo tonnage, but the country's largest container port.
- Le Havre is a popular cruise port of call, especially on Transatlantic repositioning cruises.
- Statistics show a constantly increasing number of cruise ship calls – 70 ship calls (2010), 97 (2011), 107 (2012), 124 (2013).
- The port consists of a series of canal-like docks. Canal de Tancarville and Grand Canal du Havre connect Le Havre to Seine RIver.
- The Port Authority company is the state-owned agency Grand Port Maritime du Havre. It was created in October 2008 (replacing "Port Autonome du Havre"), manages all port facilities and developments.
- Le Havre's Harbour office manages the port's shipping traffic - control, forecasts, navigation and berthing assistance, radio connections, radar coverage, data and information. The office also manages all vessel arrivals and departures.
- Ships transporting dangerous goods or marine vessels with LOA length over 70 m (230 ft) must be assited by local pilot. As door to the cogested Northern European waterways English Channel and North Sea, port Le Havre also offers pilotage assistance in these waters.
Highlights: Paris, Normandy beaches, Museums, Cathedral
Le Havre cruise terminal
Le Havre cruise port terminal is at the Florida Tip. It has two piers – Roger Meunier Pier and Pierre Callet Pier.
Le Havre cruise port terminal is 1.5 miles (2.5 km) from the center of the city. This takes approximately 20 minutes walking. The closest airport is Le Havre-Octeville, 5 miles (8 km away). Charles de Gaulle Airport (Paris) is 135 miles (217 km) from Le Havre cruise port.
The passengers are welcomed at Le Havre cruise port terminal by friendly hostesses. The terminal facilities include check-ins, information touch screen terminal, WI-FI, free tourist brochures, touring services, luggage storage, taxi rank, car rental, parking and souvenirs shops.
The closest coach an train stations are located mile and a half from Le Havre cruise port terminal. If you want to visit Paris, you can catch a train from Gare St Lazare Station. The journey is two hours approximately. If you prefer bus, it will take between 2 hours and a half to three hours.
Le Havre tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- St Joseph: located on the south side of Avenue Foch. The church is modern made of steel and concrete. Its tower is 106-meter tall and offers breathtaking views.
- Museums: one of the most popular museums is the Musée des Beaux-Arts. It houses rich paintings collections from the 16th century to the present. The other populat museum is the Musée de l’Ancien Havre. There you can find historical materials for the town and the seafaring. Both are located on Boulevard J.F. Kennedy.
- Ste Honorine de Graville: the church houses the Black Madonna and sculpture museum. The works are from the period 12th-16th century.
- The Louvre: the world’s largest and most diverse collection of paintings, decorative objects and paintings. Probably you will need a lifetime to discover all. The most popular attraction of Paris.
- Notre Dame Cathedral: no trip is complete without visiting this architectural gothic marvel. The cathedral is one of the most beautiful in Europe. It was built more than a century.
- Eiffel Tower: the iron towel dates from 1889. It was constructed by Gustave Eiffel for the World Exposition.
The Le Havre cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Le Havre, Paris, France.
If you lose the Le Havre location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Le Havre cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Le Havre, Paris, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2017
10 October, 2017
15 October, 2017
16 October, 2017
17 October, 2017
20 October, 2017
23 October, 2017
24 October, 2017
26 October, 2017
28 October, 2017
31 October, 2017
The list of the world's largest cruise ships now includes an MSC Cruises ship. The Switzerland-based line yesterday, June 3, formally welcomed...June 4, 2017
Le Havre is preparing for celebrations spread across 5 months in summer 2017. The city will mark its 500th anniversary, finishing with an October 8...July 6, 2016
- show more news