Specifications of MS Seine Comtesse
|Year built||2001 / Age: 19|
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards (Kinderdijk, Holland)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Viking Europe (Carmen), Viking Neptune (Verdi), Viking Pride (Bijou du Rhone)|
|Former names||Viking Spirit|
|Christened by||Ellen-Karine Hagen (Viking Spirit)|
MS Seine Comtesse Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$557|
|2020 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$557|
|2020 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$557|
|2020 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$669|
|2020 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$1228|
|2020 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$1004|
|2020 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$836|
|2020 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$1004|
|2020 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$1004|
|2020 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$669|
|2020 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$836|
|2020 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Seine with Seine Comtesse||Paris||$557|
MS Seine Comtesse Review
Review of MS Seine Comtesse
MS Seine Comtesse cruise ship was built in 2001 in Kinderdijk (Holland) for Viking River Cruises under the name "Viking Spirit". In 2016, the riverboat was purchased by the Portuguese company Mystic Invest (family-owned financial holding) and operated under charter by its subsidiary Nicko Tours (Stuttgart-based cruisetour company). MS Seine Comtesse cruises on Seine River (in Normandy, France) with roundtrip departures from Paris.
For Viking River Cruises, the riverboat (Viking Spirit) was also deployed on Seine River and departing on roundtrips Paris City. Viking Spirit was the last in a series of all four "old-designed" Viking ships in France, with sisterships (and fleetmates) Viking Neptune (now Verdi), Viking Pride (now Bijou du Rhone) and Viking Europe (now Carmen). All launched in 2001, these riverboats introduced modern-designed public areas, larger staterooms and wraparound Promenade Decks.
This luxurious river cruise ship has plenty of places to relax and peacefully enjoy the voyage: from the semi-covered Sundeck (top deck) to the fore-located Panorama Bar Lounge where selected drinks are served free of charge from 9 am till midnight. The ship offers buffet breakfasts and 3-course lunches and dinners in the onboard restaurant. Passengers enjoy French cuisine specialties with fresh ingredients every day and all can dine at the same time in Panorama Restaurant. In the evening, there are a number of interesting events to keep guests entertained – from live music to quizzes and trivia games.
In the Atrium Lobby (boarding area) are located Reception Desk (24-hour guest services), Cruise Director's Office (tour bookings, itinerary information), Library (reading corner), Shop (gifts, souvenirs). WiFi Internet (wireless) service is with shipwide coverage.
The ship has a total of 75 staterooms (12 Standard plus 63 Deluxe), all of which outside facing and comfortable. All cabins are with large Picture Windows, TVs (satellite reception), individually controlled air-conditioning, hairdryer, electronic safe box (in the closet), intercom (internal phone). Twin cabins have either sofabed plus fold-down bed, or double bed with 2 single mattresses. Deluxe cabins are with twin beds convertible to a double bed.
MS Seine Comtesse - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Seine ComtesseAdd Photo
Other Nicko River Cruises cruise ships
MS Seine Comtesse Wiki
The France-flagged riverboat Seine Comtesse (ENI number 04800380) was previously operated by Viking River Cruises (Viking Flusskreuzfahrten GmbH) under the name "Viking Spirit" (MMSI 211162230, Germany-flagged). The vessel is powered by two Caterpillar marine diesel engines (model C18 ACERT) with combined power output 2,3 MW.
The riverboat Viking Spirit was christened by Ellen-Karine Hagen - wife of Torstein Hagen (major shareholder, chairman and CEO of Viking Cruises). The ship’s christening ceremony was held at Merwede Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Griessendam, South Holland).
Viking Spirit river cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Spirit river cruise itineraries as themes, operated during the boat's Viking River Cruises ownership.
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans (optional tour to Versailles Palace), afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
- "FRANCE’S FINEST" is a combined "Normandy-Burgundy-Provence" river cruise itinerary from Paris to Avignon. It includes round-trip Seine cruising from Paris, motorcoach transfer between Paris and Chalon-sur-Saone, embarkation and Saone and Rhone river cruising to Avignon on a different Viking ship in the region.
Next is listed an exemplary itinerary with port dates:
- 6-day from Paris - Nov 07 (Paris, dep), Nov 08 (Vernon), Nov 09 (Rouen), Nov 10 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 11 (Les Andelys), Nov 12 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 13 (Paris)
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Seine Comtesse User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review