Regensburg is a Danube River cruise port in Germany. The city is located at the confluence of the rivers Danube, Naab and Regen. With population around 140,000, this is Bavaria's 4th-largest city - after Munich, Nuremberg (Nurnberg) and Augsburg.
- The city is the economic, political and cultural centre of Eastern Bavaria, as well as the capital of Upper Palatinate region. Its economy is among Germany's fastest growing, and is focused on manufacturing industries (industrial, automotive, electrical engineering).
- Twice per year the Regensburg Dult (city's Volksfest) takes place. It is the 4th largest in Bavaria. The Bürgerfest in the Old Town is held every 2 years, attracting over 100,000 tourists. During Xmas holiday times, the city offers a number of Christmas markets.
- The Old Town has around 1500 listed buildings, some dating back to Roman times. The Old Town is completely surrounded by a green belt. A wealth of inner-city parks are a major source for leisure and recreation.
- Some of the most prominent museums are Regensburg Museum of History (Eastern Bavarian culture and arts from stone age to present), Reichstagsmuseum (in the Old Town Hall / about the life during Holy Roman Empire), Bistumsmuseen (diocese museums), Bavarian National Museum (in St Emmeram's Abbey).
- The city centre features medieval architecture and has UNESCO World Heritage Site status. Among its landmarks and attractions are Regensburg Dom (cathedral), medieval stone bridge (11th century), Regensburg Sausage Kitchen, Roman fortress (ruins), Schottenkirche (Church of St James, 12th century), Jakobstor (gate), St Ulrich Church (13th century, Obermunster (10th century church), St Emmeram Abbey (13th century) church), Adler-Apotheke (pharmacy), Goldener Turm (tower), Old Town Hall (14th century), Gasthof zum Goldenen Kreuz (inn), Botanischer Garten (Regensburg University's botanical garden), Herzogspark (city park, with botanical gardens).
- Due to its young population and over 500 bars, clubs, restaurants and other locations just in the inner city, Regensburg provides a diverse nightlife.
Highlights: Walhalla temple, St. Peter's Cathedral, St. Emmeram's Church
Port Regensburg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Regensburg, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Regensburg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Regensburg, Germany.
If you lose the Regensburg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.