Viking Mimir current position
Specifications of Viking Mimir
|Year built||2015 / Age: 6|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Jana Hudakova|
Viking Mimir Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Mar 17||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$1495|
|2023 Mar 24||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$1495|
|2023 Mar 31||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$1595|
|2023 Apr 07||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3545|
|2023 Apr 21||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3545|
|2023 May 05||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 May 19||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3645|
|2023 Jun 02||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 Jun 16||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3645|
|2023 Jun 30||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 Jul 14||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3245|
|2023 Jul 28||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3245|
|2023 Aug 11||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3245|
|2023 Aug 25||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3245|
|2023 Sep 08||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3645|
|2023 Sep 22||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 Oct 06||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3645|
|2023 Oct 20||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3545|
|2023 Nov 03||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3045|
|2023 Nov 17||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$2945|
Viking Mimir Review
Review of Viking Mimir
Longship Viking Mimir boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers in the Netherlands, Austria, Slovakia, Germany and Hungary. This Viking longship is named after Mimir (meaning "rememberer") - in Norse mythology the god of wisdom and knowledge. Beheaded during the war between the two groups of gods (Venirs and Aesirs), Mimir's head was later on carried by Odin to receive secret knowledge.
Join the 2015 Viking Mimir Grand European Tour for 15 pleasant days along the Main, Danube and Rhine Rivers. You'll be able to see Holland’s windmills and tulip fields as well as Germany’s fairytale castles and the vineyards of Wachau Valley in Austria. Another chance gives the Romantic Danube itinerary - an 8-day sailing along the “Blue Danube” to explore fascinating Budapest, tour riverside in Austria’s Wachau Valley and experience the imperial architecture of Vienna.
Mimir has gained his wisdom by drinking from Well of Wisdom and was so wise that the Venir tribe called on him for counsel when the tribes of Aesir and Venir gods were at war. Mimir could not translate the words of guidance, so they beheaded him and sent his head to the Aesirs. Odin embalmed Mimir’s head and cast a spell empowering it to share secrets. This way Mimir guided Odin through the war until the two tribes unified into one.
Viking Mimir hosts 190 guests in 95 staterooms. The Mimir ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Viking Longships have new features including the revolutionary all-weather Aquavit Terrace bringing the outdoor scenery indoors, allowing passengers to enjoy the river views and al fresco dining. The Longships have two Explorer Suites which are the largest in Europe as well as seven Veranda Suites (two-room) with a veranda and a French balcony. The 39 Veranda Staterooms feature full-size balconies and there are also 22 French Balcony Staterooms.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
All Viking Longships, including Viking Mimir, boast organic herb gardens and onboard solar panels. Their hybrid engines are energy-efficient and reduce vibrations for a smooth ride. Viking Mimir dining options include Mimir Restaurant (dining room) and Aquavit Terrace (al fresco). Other facilities include an Observation Lounge, Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, a walking track, shuffleboard). The Mimir longship doesn’t have a gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
Viking Mimir cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
Viking Mimir river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative of Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Mimir cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Mimir river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" are 7-days cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest and reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg/Nurnberg. These deals offer 3 countries to visit (Austria, Germany, Hungary), with 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Nuremberg offers optional 2-night Nuremberg or 3-night Prague hotel packages. On departures from Germany (Nuremberg) the sailing part starts on the second day with the Main-Danube Canal cruise (passing through the locks) and ends in Budapest (optional 2-night hotel package).
- "HEART OF GERMANY” are 6-days Main river cruises from Frankfurt to Nuremberg and the reverse from Nuremberg to Frankfurt. These deals offer 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Also included in the fares are bus transfers Frankfurt to Heidelberg (for a full-day excursion), Wurzburg (full-day tour, bus travel to Rothenburg, embarkation in Gerlachshausen), Nuremberg (overnight dock). Optional luxury hotel packages are offered for Germany (2-night Nuremberg or 2-night Cologne/Koln) and Czech Republic (3-night Prague).
Viking Mimir - user reviews and comments
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Mimir Wiki
To/from Viking Mimir boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
Viking Mimir is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Mimir represents the line's latest Longship-class riverboat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-centre shifting of the deck's corridor.
The riverboat’s godmother is Mrs Jana Hudakova - one of the line's long-serving employees (a Chief Receptionist). The list of other Viking Cruises longships launched in 2015 includes Astrild, Beyla, Eir, Gefjon, Lofn, Mani, Modi, Skirnir, Ve, Vidar and Vili.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Viking Mimir User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review