Santorini cruise port is a popular port of call for cruises in the east Mediterranean. It is located in the Aegan Sea. The island is the southernmost of the Cycladic Islands, Greece. Santorini cruise port is the gateway to amazing beauty. The island is also popular with the names Thera or Thira.
The towns on the island are situated atop of high cliffs and they are looking over caldera of an ancient volcano. Santorini is the most popular cruising destination from all Greek Isles. The busy cruising season for Santorini cruise port is from July to August. The island often is described as paradise and it is among the world’s most breathtaking places.
Highlights: Thera, Akrotiri, Oia village
Santorini Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Santorini Island dock (anchor) at Thira - port town on the western coast. Santorini cruise ship port doen’t have a terminal. The cruise vessels anchor in the caldera and the passengers are tendered ashore to the Old Port in Fira (Skala) with skunas (the name of the local tender boats).
The passengers can reach the town of Fira walking, by donkey or by a cable car. The cable car and donkey rides will cost a few euros. A cable car is available every twenty minutes. The donkey ride from Santorini cruise port tender dock takes up to half an hour, almost the same as walking.
The closest international airport to Santorini cruise port is 6 km from downtown Fira.
Cruise ships usually arrive at Santorini cruise port at 8 AM and leave at 6PM.
Santorini cruise port is in the itineraries of major cruise lines including Costa Cruises, MSC, Royal Caribbean International, Norwegian, Holland America Line, Celebrity, Princess, Crystal, Azamara, Regent, Oceania, Phoenix, Seabourn and SeaDream Yacht Club.
Santorini Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Fira (Thira): the capital of the island is amazing place. The houses, the flowers, the sunsets – even they are impressive enough. All buildings are white with blue cupolas. The streets are narrow, the hotels are small, the cuisine in the restaurants is so tasty. The city is easily reached from Santorini cruise port tender dock – you need to climb 580 zig zag steps.
- Museum of Prehistoric Fira: located near the bus station.
- Folklore Museum: the museum is located on Kontochori. The building is a cave dwelling from the 19th century. Discover the typical household on the island. You can also find many local tools for wine-making or barrel-making. The Folklore Museum works from May to October. The admission is three euros.
- Oia: eight miles from Santorini cruise port tender dock (direction north) is the most photographed village of the island. Everything here is breathtaking, especially dinner at sunset.
- Naval Museum: the museum is located in Oia. It is open from April to November. The admission is three euros. The museum houses local ships models, equipment for navigation and more.
The Santorini Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Santorini Island, Greece.
If you lose the Santorini Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Santorini Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Santorini Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 May, 2017
3 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
5 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
7 May, 2017
8 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
11 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
22 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
29 May, 2017
30 May, 2017
31 May, 2017