Turku is a port city located on Finland's southwest coast at the mouth of Aura River, in Southwest Finland region. The city covers a total area of approx 245,67 km2 (94,85 ml2) and has a population of around 186,030 people (2016 census).
- The business district in Turku's economy is centred on Port of Turku and service-oriented industries. The city is a popular high-tech centre – Turku Science Park area situated in Kupittaa hosts more than 300 companies from the fields of information technology and biotechnology.
- The Port of Turku (Turku Harbour) is located in the south-western part of Finland, where mainland meets the beginning of Turku archipelago. Sited within the 6th largest city of Finland, the port handles traffic between Turku and Stockholm and the enclaved Aland Islands.
- The Port of Turku spans a wide region on the southern coastline of Turku city, from the mouth of River Aura to Pansio district. The area situated around the railway station is served via the 4 (twice-daily) Viking Line and Silja Line passenger ferry services to Stockholm through Mariehamn, the capital of Aland.
- Due to port's location the harbour offers the most efficient route to serve Baltic Sea. Turku Harbour is among the major shipment points in the country. It handles more than 4 million tonnes of cargo and corresponding 4 million passengers annually.
- Turku is the only Finland's port with a train ferry service. Limited train ferry operation for cargo is provided by SeaWind Line.
- Cultural venues in the city of Turku include several art galleries, theatres and cinemas, as well as a philharmonic orchestra. The cultural centre organises several regular events, most notably the annual Medieval Market held in July. Turku is Finland's official Christmas city, and 'Christmas Peace' is declared on every December 24 from Brinkkala Hall balcony. The rock festival Ruisrock and Turku Music Festival are among the oldest in Scandinavia. Turku also hosts Down by the Laituri, another rock festival, and one of the largest Northern Europen electronic music festivals, UMF ("New Music Festival", Uuden Musiikin Festivaali).
Highlights: Cathedral, Castle, Sibelius Museum, Maritime Centre
The Turku cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Turku, Finland.
If you lose the Turku location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Turku cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Turku, Finland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
10 June, 2017
19 June, 2017
Meyer Turku shipyard and TUI Cruises have jointly designed the new cruise ships Mein Schiff 1 & 2 to be the evolution on successful foundation of...February 15, 2017
More than 100 schooners gather every summer in Europe for the Tall Ships Race. This year Saga Sapphire’s passengers will be able to ...January 29, 2017
The next class of Royal Caribbean cruise ship will be powered by LNG (liquefied natural gas) and introduce the use of fuel cell technology to...October 11, 2016
Meyer Turku yard started production of a new generation of Mein Schiffs August 16, Tuesday, cutting steel for Mein Schiff 1. The newbuild...August 17, 2016
The newbuilds of TUI Cruises, scheduled for delivery in 2018 and 2019 by Meyer Turku, will enter service as Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2. They...June 24, 2016
TUI Cruises took delivery of its newest ship Mein Schiff 5 from Meyer Turku shipyard yesterday, June 20, 10 days ahead of schedule. Frank Kuhlmann...June 20, 2016
The assembly of Mein Schiff 6 started yesterday (April 25) at Meyer Turku with the first grand block that was laid in the building dock. When...April 26, 2016
The newest TUI Cruises ship, Mein Schiff 5, was launched on Friday (January 15) at Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland. Ferdinand Strohmeier, Vice...January 16, 2016
Since April 2015, Meyer Turku assumed 100% ownership of the Finnish shipyard after taking a 70% ownership interest in September last year, with the...October 14, 2015
Meyer Turku started the building of new generation LNG-powered fast ferry for the route between Tallinn and Helsinki. At a gross tonnage of 49,000...August 6, 2015
- show more news