American Constitution Review and Specifications
Specifications of American Constitution
|Year built||2018 new ship|
|Builder||Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland USA)|
|Building cost||USD 30 million|
|Owner||American Cruise Lines Inc|
|Operator||American Cruise Lines|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||82 m / 269 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Decks with cabins||5|
Review of American Constitution
Launched in 2018, MS American Constitution cruise ship is the second of American Cruise Lines fleet's "Modern Riverboat" series - with sistership American Constellation (2017). Similarly designed (modified class) ships with slightly bigger capacity (195 passengers) are the fleetmates American Song (2018), American Harmony (2019) and 3 more (still unnamed) vessels.
History - construction & ownership
American Cruise Lines (ACL) is a small cruise line with headquarters in Guilford, Connecticut, operational since 1991. American Constitution is the latest river cruise ship from ACL. She is uniquely designed in order to navigate the inland waterways of US East Coast and brings travelers to exciting locations that cannot be accessed by larger ships. In the intimate atmosphere offered onboard, passengers find the largest cabins in industry, spacious lounges, observation decks, private balconies that offer splendid views of passing landscapes.
The new coastal river boat set sail in 2018. The "American Constitution" name was inspired by the oldest vessel in service of the US Navy (USS Constitution), originally commissioned by George Washington (1732-1799, the USA's first President) during his tenure as president (1789-1797).
Cruise itinerary program
American Constitution itinerary program includes two new American Cruise Lines itineraries - one from USA to New England, and the other along southeast USA's Intracoastal Waterway.
- The 10-night / 11-day "Grand New England" cruise itinerary starts in Boston MA and visits Provincetown MA, Newport RI, Martha's Vineyard MA, Kennebunkport ME, Camden ME, Bar Harbor ME) and Rockland ME.
- The 10-night / 11-day "Grand Historic South" cruise itinerary is a roundtrip from Charleston SC and visits Wilmington NC, Beaufort NC, Savannah GA, Sapelo Island GA, Jekyll Island GA, Amelia Island FL (Fernandina Beach) and Beaufort SC.
- (April 18, 2018) The 11-day "Inaugural Cruise" itinerary (themed "American Revolution Cruise" was roundtrip from Baltimore MD) and included as call ports Norfolk VA, Williamsburg VA, Yorktown VA, Washington DC, Mount Vernon VA (George Washington's plantation house), Cambridge MD, St Michaels MD, Annapolis MD, and Chestertown MD.
American Cruise Lines deals are inclusive of pre-cruise hotel package, all shore excursions (organized daily), cocktail hour (each evening), cruise accommodation, gourmet meals, Afternoon Tea service, room service (Breakfast only), onboard enrichment and entertainment programs, Wi-Fi (shipwide coverage).
American Constitution accommodates 175 pasengers in balcony staterooms, with floor-ceiling sliding doors leading to a private step-out veranda.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The American Constitution has a single-capacity, open-seating dining room. This is the main restaurant onboard featuring floor-ceiling windows, crystal chandeliers, classy furniture, 4- and 8-seat tables and luxury dining amenities. Most of the cuisine is American fare. The menu boasts itinerary-inspired gourmet specialties and fresh food. Breakfast is buffet-style, with made-to-order items. Lunch offers soup, choice of 3 dishes, chef’s salad. Dinner offers soup, salad and 3 entrees. The wine list has a selection of domestic wines. Any dietary needs are catered for.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The ocean capable American Constitution ship with full active wing stabilization, caters to the discriminating eye of vacationers looking for intimate high-end experience of a smaller vessel. Well-appointed rooms are the largest ever seen in service, with room service and tastefully furnished private balconies. Additional features include kayaks and Zodiacs that offer guests alternative ways to explore historic American destinations.
American Constitution wiki
- The ship has a modern propulsion system consisting of 2x azymuth thrusters ("Z-drives") manufactured by Veth (Holland). These 360-degree rotating propellers (1x forward, 1x aft) provide the boat with greater maneuverability and berthing flexibility.
- The ship is powered by 2x Caterpillar marine engines running on low-sulfur diesel. These modern engines require less fuel and produce less emissions (COx, NOx, SOx) and soot particles in comparison to other boats on the US river cruising market.
- On June 20, 2017, was the vessel's launching ceremony (at Chesapeake shipyard in Salisbury MD), during which the vessel was removed from drydock and slid into Wicomico River.
- The ship's Inaugural Cruise (maiden voyage) was scheduled for April 18, 2018. The 11-day itinerary (themed" American Revolution Cruise", roundtrip from Baltimore MD) included as ports of call Norfolk VA, Williamsburg VA, Yorktown VA, Washington DC, Mount Vernon VA (George Washington's plantation house), Cambridge MD, St Michaels MD, Annapolis MD, and Chestertown MD.
American Constitution ship related cruise news
American Cruise Lines soon announced that its first newbuild of 2018, the American Constitution ship, had successfully passed Sea Trials in...April 19, 2018
American Cruise Lines will be sailing through New England during summer 2018 with the newest small cruise vessel on the Eastern Seaboard, line's...April 1, 2018
American Cruise Lines revealed that on April 18, line's new 2018 ship, American Constitution will start her inaugural cruise on Chesapeake Bay with a...January 24, 2018
- show more news