Aria Amazon Review and Specifications
Specifications of Aria Amazon
|Year built||2010 / Age : 7|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||45 m / 148 ft|
|Beam (width)||9 m / 30 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||500 gt|
|Passengers||16 - 32|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Aria Amazon
MV Aria Amazon ship cruises on Amazon River (South America), and also on the rivers Yanalipa, Yarapa and Ucayali. Departures are from Lima (Peru), but embarkation / disembarkation port is Iquitos (Peruvian Amazon).
The luxury houseboat MV Aria Amazon is owned by Aqua Expeditions (travel company) and currently chartered by Avalon Waterways. This magnificent 147-foot-long riverboat was built by Jordi Puig (Peruvian architect). MV Aria provides her guests with an extraordinary comfort and can accommodate just 32 passengers in sixteen suites featuring panoramic picture windows. MV Aria is a motorized luxury Amazon River cruise boat launched April 2011. The vessel was built with the right size to sail Amazon River, offering the unique for the region rainforest wild-life watching experience perfectly combined with the luxurious comfort of its most spacious suites. MV Aria also has all of the the new river cruising trend features - floor-to-ceiling and Wall-to-Wall windows, a classy indoor/outdoor lounge, air-conditioned rooms, a top-deck Jacuzzi, an elegant dining room, exercise room, a luxury boutique/gift shop. The ship also has 4 auxiliary aluminum launch (motorized) boats, each with capacity of 8 guests. Aria ship cruise on Amazon river is marked by all the luxury amenities of a European river cruise ship.
- Passenger decks: 3 (out of 3)
- Cabin grades number: 1
- Total number of cabins: 16 (all Suites)
- Observation Deck (3) - Observation lounge, deck chairs, Bar (premium spirits), Whirlpool, Restaurant (open seating), Fitness, Boutique shop, Fitness room.
- Second Deck & First Deck - accommodations (x8 Suites on each deck, category SC, standard), room size 250 ft2 / 23 m2.
- Among the ship's amenities are: large top-deck lounge area (teak, shade system), 24-hour room-serve, complimentary coffee & soft beverages, English-speaking staff & crew, four certified multilingual naturalists for onboard natural history lectures, a stargazing enrichment program, paramedic/physician, Cruise Director, modern Fitness equipment, satellite phone, safety equipment. Dining - traditional Peruvian cuisine (menu by Pedro Miguel Schiaffino).
- mv Aria Amazon cruise price are inclusive of all meals onboard, all excursions, beverages (non-alcoholic, house wine, beer), the transfers to/from boat(with the recommended flights), the Peru's "Pacaya Samiria" National Reserve entrance fee.
- The boat is often chartered by the Globus-Avalon Waterways line, but also from other river cruise lines offering luxury Amazon River travel deals in South America.
- Regarding the riverboat design, small number of all-suite accommodations, onboard amenities and all-inclusive deals, this luxury ship is classified as "houseboat". With similar design and features is the Chobe River cruise ship Zambezi Queen (Botswana, South Africa).
- 2x deluxe beds converting to king-sized (premium Peruvian linens, duvets), 2x bedside tables (reading lamps), hair dryer, bathroom (deluxe bath amenities, shower, toilet, sink, cabinet), under-bed baggage storage, safe, in-room climate control., mini fridge, complimentary bottled water.
- Occupancy is 2 guests per suite, with the option to accommodate 1 child in each room.
- Four of the suites are connecting (for large families).
On its Amazon River cruise ship charters, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
MV Aria Amazon cruise itinerary
This riverboat cruises, beside on Amazon, also on the rivers Yarapa, Yanalipa and Ucayali. Follows the list of MV Aria Peru Amazon itineraries officially announced by Avalon Waterways:
- 11 DAY "INCA EMPIRE TO PERUVIAN AMAZON" river cruise from Lima (round-trip, embarkation port is Iquitos, Peru).
- 8-day from Callao, round-trip to Sacred Valley, Machu picchu, Cusco, Peruvian Amazon River cruising, (Day At Sea).
- This is a 3-night boat cruise on the River Amazon (starting on day 7 of the itinerary) in the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (Peru). A sightseeing tour is included in the fares - provided each day, professionally guided by a local English-speaking naturalist.
- Excursions & tours highlights. Lima tours - San Francisco Monastery, Larco Herrara Museum, welcome dinner party (Casa Garcia Alvarado). Follows a flight to Cusco (archeological sites Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Awanakancha, Pisac), with dinner and attending a Paso Horse Show. Machu Picchu (tour to Ollantaytambo, glass-dome train travel to Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu sightseeing tour, then return by the same train to Cusco for touring Santo Domingo Monastery and the town's Cathedral. On day 7 starts the Amazon cruising part of your Peruvian vacation, with boarding and welcome dinner on the Aria boat.
- Your Amazon cruise also includes (all guided) rainforest walks, panga rides (for wildlife watching), nocturnal cruises. On day 10 of your Amazon cruise itinerary you'll also visit a Peruvian native village and the Manatee Rescue Center, and then follows your flight to Lima. The onboard experience also features entertainers and artisans.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Aria Amazon wiki
- In November 2016, Aqua Expeditions announced two female-only themed cruises for 2017 - on the ships Aqua Mekong and Aria Amazon. Aria Amazon's cruise (March 20-24, 2017) was a 4-day itinerary from Iquitos Peru. The "women-only cruising" experience featured extensive wildlife viewing program, visits to local villages, fishing for piranhas, a visit to the Amazonian Manatee Rescue Center in Iquitos, onboard enrichment (guide presentations, cooking classes), culinary activities ashore (chef-guided visits to local food markets), a 60-min complimentary spa massage.