Color Magic ferry current position
Color Magic ferry current location is at North Sea (coordinates 59.90949 N / 10.70879 E) cruising en route to BUNNEFJORDEN. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Color Magic ferry
|Year built||2007 / Age: 14|
|Builder||Rauma Shipyard (Rauma, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Oslo-Kiel|
|Building cost||EUR 300 million|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||224 m / 735 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||75156 gt|
|Passengers||2750 - 2812|
Color Magic ferry Review
Review of Color Magic ferry
MS Color Magic ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the company COLOR LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 2812 passengers and 550 cars. The vessel was launched in 2007 and currently operates on the Norway-Germany ferry route Oslo-Kiel (crossing time 20 hours).
As cruise ferry, Color Magic has 1016 cabins (a total of 2975 beds), all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
As the world's biggest ferry, Color Magic has 89 more passenger cabins in comparison to the sister-ship Color Fantasy. Color Magic staterooms are located on decks 5-8-9-10-11 and are in the following categories:
- (decks 10-11 forward) 5-Star Color Owner Suite (Twin / 2-person, size 35 m2 / 380 ft2, with 1 double bed, Large Slanted Windows). Bonus perks (ticket price-inclusive extra amenities) include free minibar (chocolates and beverages, on ferry cruises refilled before the return), Observation Club Breakfast, 2 bathrobes, free SPA and Fitness entry (age limit 16), free cabin Wi-Fi, VIP-Lounge seats (in the port terminal), priority boarding (for foot passengers only).
- (decks 9-10-11) 5-Star Color Suite (Twin / 2-person, size 25 m2 / 270 ft2, with 1 double bed, Large Panoramic Window). Bonus perks (ticket price-inclusive extra amenities) include free minibar (chocolates and beverages, on ferry cruises refilled before the return), Observation Club Breakfast, 2 bathrobes, free SPA and Fitness entry (age limit 16), free cabin Wi-Fi, VIP-Lounge seats (in the port terminal), priority boarding (for foot passengers only).
- (deck 9 forward) 5-Star Color Junior Suite (Twin / 2-person, size 20 m2 / 215 ft2, with 1 double bed, Large Panoramic Window). Bonus perks (ticket price-inclusive extra amenities) include free minibar (chocolates and beverages, on ferry cruises refilled before the return), Observation Club Breakfast, 2 bathrobes, free SPA and Fitness entry (age limit 16), free cabin Wi-Fi, VIP-Lounge seats (in the port terminal), priority boarding (for foot passengers only).
- (decks 8-9-10-11) 4-Star Color Class Outside Cabin (Quad / 4-person, size 14 m2 / 150 ft2, with 1 double bed, bunk beds, Large Porthole Window). Bonus perks (ticket price-inclusive extra amenities) include free mini-bar, Oceanic Restaurant (a la carte) Breakfast, 2 bathrobes.
- (decks 8-9) 4-Star Color Class Promenade Cabin (Quad / 4-person, size 14 m2 / 150 ft2, with 1 double bed, bunk beds, Large Promenade View Window). Bonus perks (ticket price-inclusive extra amenities) include free mini-bar, Oceanic Restaurant (a la carte) Breakfast, 2 bathrobes.
- (decks 5-8-9-10-11) 3-Star Oceanview Cabin (Twin / 2-person, size 11 m2 / 120 ft2, with 1 Queen bed, Large Porthole Window). These cabins can be booked as connecting (max capacity 6 persons) - 1 double bed cabin plus 1 bunk beds cabin.
- (decks 5-8-9-10-11) 3-Star Oceanview Cabin (Quintuple / 5-person, size 11 m2 / 120 ft2, with sofabeds plus bunk beds, Large Porthole Window)
- (decks 8-9) 3-Star Promenade Cabin (Single / 2-person, size 11 m2 / 120 ft2, with 1 double bed and Large Promenade View Window). These rooms can be booked as single cabins. Their windows face either the Promenade or the Oceanic Restaurant.
- (decks 8-9-10-11) 3-Star Inside Cabin (Twin / 2-person, size 11 m2 / 120 ft2, with 1 double bed, Porthole Window. These cabins can be booked as connecting (max capacity 6 persons).
- (decks 8-9-10-11) 3-Star Inside Cabin (Quintuple / 5-person, size 10 m2 / 110 ft2, with sofabeds plus bunk beds, Porthole Window)
- (deck 8) 3-Star Disabled Oceanview Cabin (size 14 m2 / 150 ft2, 2 lower beds, Large Porthole Window)
- (deck 8) 3-Star Disabled Promenade Cabin (size 14 m2 / 150 ft2, 2 lower beds, Large Promenade View Window)
- All handicapped cabins (for disabled passengers) are wheelchair-accessible, with close to lift location, wider entry door, adapted bathroom (wider door, raised toilet seat, grab bars, shower seat, adjustable shower head), phone, linoleum flooring, automatic door opener. These cabins are for 1 handicapped plus 1 accompanying person. Guide dogs are allowed.
- All cabins are above car decks. Connecting (family) cabins with adjoining doors and max capacity 6 persons are also available. Connecting cabins can be booked only via phone (+47 22 94 42 00) and no later than 4 days prior departure.
- All staterooms as amenities offer flat TV, minibar, lounge/seating area (sofa, small table, chairs), bedside cabinets, wardrobe, comfortable beds, vanity table, hairdryer, phone, electronic safe (in the closet).
- Staff and crew cabins are 248, located aft on deck 5. Officers quarters are adjacent to the Navigation Bridge on deck 12.
The ship provides a limited number of kids beds (for children under 4) that can be booked at the Reception Desk. Kid beds can be used in all staterooms excepting 3-star (double bed) cabins.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Color Magic ship offers:
- Taxfree Market is a 410 m2 sized duty-free shop selling wide selections of alcohol, tobaccos, gourmet and fast food, chocolates, sweets. Taxfree Market's opening hours are 8-9:45 am and 2:30-10 pm.
- Color Shop is a duty-free shop selling brand clothing (Wear, Betty Barclay, Va Vite, Gerry Weber, Gant, Alvo, Levis), children's clothes (Name It, Converse, LEGO, Levis). as well as electronics, media products (music/video), luxury watches, jewelry and accessories (Nora Norway, Pilgrim, Friis Company). Color Shop's opening hours are 8:30-9:45 am and 2:30-12 pm.
- Perfumes and Cosmetics Shop sells at duty-free prices popular luxury brands (including Versace, Prada, Chanel) and wellness products for men and women. Shop's opening hours are 8:30-9:45 am and 2-12 pm.
- Fashionize! is a duty-free shop selling luxury brand designer accessories (including jewelry, scarves, sunglasses) for both men and women. Among the represented brands are Sno of Sweden, Modalu, Michael Kors, ADAX, MOO, Ti Sento, NUDE. Fashionize shop's opening hours are 8:30-9:45 am and 2-12 pm.
- Fashion Boutique is a duty-free shop selling premium clothing, handbags, watches, and jewelry brands, including Moods of Norway, Tiger of Sweden, Eton, Gustav, Marc Cain, Cambio. Guess, Tiger, Hugo Boss, Dyrberg Kern, Bibi. Fashion Boutique's opening hours are 2:30-12 pm.
- The casino is the ship's gaming area equipped with slot machines and other games (roulette, Black Jack). The casino is served by its own bar. The Casino opens from 2 pm (age limit is 18 yo).
- Teen's Plaza is the teenagers' dedicated lounge located connected with the Sports and Burger Bar (deck 13), Adventure Planet (deck 12) and the Aqualand park (deck 12). The lounge has a dance floor, Nintendo Wii console games, Singstar/PS3, Karaoke, Guitar Hero, Darts. Here teens can purchase snacks, popcorn, soft drinks.
- (deck 12 midship) Adventure Planet is a video games arcade located close to the Aqualand. Arcade's opening hours are 1 pm - 2 am.
- (deck 12 aft) Aqualand is the ship's indoor water park featuring a large swimming pool, stream river, 1 waterslide, large jacuzzi, splash/baby pool, steam bathroom, sauna room, fountains, bar seating (snacks and drinks). Opening hours are 2-6 pm. Access to the waterpark is for 1 hour. Ticket prices are around EUR 8 (adults and children) and EUR 4 (kids under 4 yo, swim diapers included) and are inclusive of towels.
- (Promenade Deck 7) Kid's Corner is a children's playground (unattended) area for toddlers (age limit 2-6 yo) equipped with toys, games, and TV (for watching cartoons). The kids' room is adjacent to the Mama Bella Pizzeria.
- Golf Simulator (putting green) offers virtual playing on famous golf courses in 1-hour sessions. Clubs are available for rent in the ship's golf center (door key is at the Spa and Fitness Center's Reception). Golf Simulator's opening hours are 7am-9 pm: 0700-2100. Golfing prices per hour are around EUR 35.
- (deck 13 forward) Color Spa and Fitness Center is the ship's wellness complex consisting of a full gym, treatment rooms (massages, facials), skin care room, hairdresser studio, beauty salon, 2 large jacuzzis, steam bathroom, sauna room, massage chairs, wellness bar lounge (snacks, refreshments). Opening hours are 7 am - 9 pm. Spa and gym access cost extra (per person) with optional day ticket and unlimited per cruise entry fee (around EUR 28 pp for spa-fitness, EUR 17 pp fitness only). Age limit is 16 yo.
- (deck 7 forward) Show Lounge is the ship's theater lounge operated via the partnership with 2Entertain (professional artists performing in large-scale dance and music productions). Dedicated waiters serve the lounge by circulating and taking drink orders, MS Color Magic has 2 different production shows - one performed on the route Kiel-Oslo ("Paradise") and the other on the reverse route Oslo-Kiel ("Cool Britannia"). Each show has its own music and costumes and lasts approx 45 min. Smoking is not allowed. Table reservations are allowed with VIP-package only.
- (deck 6 aft) Grand Buffet Restaurant offers hot and cold homemade dishes (including seafood, meat, game, soups, wok vegetables, fresh salads) and desserts, as well as live piano music. For children, there is a separate Captain Kid buffet station. The buffet restaurant offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at fixed per person prices. Table reservations can be made.
- (deck 6 aft) Oceanic Restaurant operates with a la carte priced menu with classic dishes and seasonal specialties.
- (deck 7 aft) Manhattan Restaurant is a dinner-only gourmet restaurant with 5-course or 7-course menus and an extensive premium wines list. Opening hours are 6-10 pm.
- (deck 7) Mama Bella Pizza Ristorante is an Italian restaurant open for lunch and dinner (opening hours 1-11:30 pm). The pizzeria offers pizzas, pasta, antipasti, soups, desserts. Take-away ordering is also offered (for in-cabin or sundeck area dining). The adjacent Bella Bar serves wine, refreshments, finger sandwiches, pizza slices.
- (deck 7 midship) Monkey Pub (open from 1 pm) is located on the Magic Promenade and offers live music, wide selections of drinks, beers (draught and bottled), light snacks.
- (deck 13 aft) Sports and Burger Bar is a 1950's themed fast food/burger bar with direct access to the Sun Deck area. Opening hours are 1-6 pm.
- (deck 7) Tapas Bar is open for lunch and dinner (1:30-10 pm). Take-away ordering is also offered.
- (deck 7 midship) Cafe Oriental is a self-service cafeteria/patisserie (open 6-9:45 am and 11 am - 5 pm) offering sandwiches, snacks, light lunch dishes, coffee drinks, soft beverages, pies, cakes, pastries, homemade ice-creams.
- The Navigation Bridge is on deck 12 forward. The sundeck is aft on deck 13. The ship also has large Conference Center (sized 1600 m2 / 17220 ft2) and Exhibition Center (sized 1400 m2 / 15070 ft2).
WiFi is available at extra cost. Wi-Fi access codes are available for purchase at the Reception Desk.
Kids under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (parent or legal guardian). On 2-day ferry cruises, the age limit is 20 yo.
Foot passengers must arrive at the departure port 1-hour prior departure.
Color Line's ferry cruise deals require a deposit of 20% (made upon booking), which is later deducted from the cruise ticket price. The balance is due 40 days prior departure.
Pets on the ship
Pets (cats, dogs, and ferrets) are allowed to board the ship with car and foot passengers. Pets are not allowed on any of the passenger decks.
Car passengers can leave their pets in their vehicle or in the ship's kennels (free of charge, pre-booking is required). Foot passengers must transport their pets to and from the ship in either pet cage or other carrier. The animals must remain in the carrier for the duration of the trip.
Color Line participates in PETS (Pet Travel Scheme) system allowing pet animals to travel on ferries between European member countries without undergoing quarantine.
- Animals are not allowed on the ship only on Color Line's 2-day cruises between Kiel and Oslo.
- In accordance with PETS requirements, on all voyages pets must have all the needed documentation in order to be able to travel.
- Pets check-ins are at least 2 hours prior departure. Each animal is charged EUR 12 / 18 per voyage. On these voyages, pets are allowed to travel either in the ship's car deck kennels (EUR 18) or caged in the private vehicle (EUR 12). As each ferry has a limited number of kennels/cat boxes, pre-booking is required. Visiting the pets during the voyage is allowed, but access to the ship's public areas and cabins is forbidden.
- While dogs are allowed to stay in the vehicle during the crossing, it is not recommended in the summer due to the car deck heat.
- Pets visiting times are 5 pm, 8:30 pm and 7:15 am.
- Guide dogs travel freely, but proper documentation must be provided by the owner. Guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owners, with access to all passenger decks, most public spaces, and select cabin types. Guide/service assistance dogs travel free of charge.
Color Magic ferry has a total of 8 pet cages, of which 5 are sized 1x0,9x0,7 m, and 3 are sized 0,9x0,7x0,6 m.
Color Magic ship has 4 vehicle decks (2 for trailers and trucks, and 2 for cars) with total capacity 84 lorries (decks 2-3) and 550 cars (decks 3-4t). Staying on the car deck during the voyage is forbidden. The car deck, as well as engine room, technical rooms, and all watertight doors, are under constant CCTV camera surveillance.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car passengers must arrive at the departure port 2 hours prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Color Line (founded in 1990, headquartered in Oslo Norway) is a Norwegian ferry company operating on passenger and cargo shipping routes between Norway and Sweden, Germany and Denmark. Color Line's current fleet includes the ships Color Fantasy, Color Hybrid (2019), Color Magic, Color Viking, Superspeed 1, Superspeed 2.
Color Magic ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Color Magic ferryAdd Photo
Color Magic ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The first shoreside power plant for shipping in Port Kiel (at Norwegenkai) was officially inaugurated on May 9. The ceremony was attended...May 11, 2019
- show more news
Other COLOR LINE cruise ships
Color Magic ferry Wiki
The ship is powered by 4 Wartsila marine diesel engines (8-cylinder, combined power output 31,2 MW). The power plant also includes 4 auxiliary Wartsila diesel generator sets. The propulsion consists of 3 bow thrusters: (combined power 6,6 MW), 2 aft thrusters (combined power 2 MW) and 2 controllable pitch propellers (Rolls Royce).
Currently, Color Magic is the world's largest cruise ferry, followed by the sister-ship and fleet mate Color Fantasy.
During ship's drydock refurbishment in 2015, Color Magic's Wartsila 8L46 engines' turbocharger (model TPL 73-A30) was upgraded with model TPL 73-A32, resulting in significant fuel savings and lower exhaust gas temperatures.
Color Magic ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review