Color Viking ferry current position
Color Viking ferry current location is at North Sea (coordinates 59.11740 N / 10.22705 E) cruising en route to SFJ.SFJ. The AIS position was reported 6 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Color Viking ferry
|Year built||1985 / Age: 36|
|Builder||Nakskov Skibsvaerft (Nakskov, Danmark)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Sandefjord-Stromstad|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||137 m / 449 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||19763 gt|
|Former names||Stena Invicta, Peder Paars|
Color Viking ferry Review
Review of Color Viking ferry
MS Color Viking ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the company COLOR LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 1773 passengers, 370 cars and 33 lorries. The vessel was launched in 1985 and currently operates on the Norway-Sweden ferry route Sandefjord-Stromstad (crossing time 2,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Color Viking has no cabins (passenger staterooms) currently available for booking due to the route's short crossing distance. The ship also doesn't offer reserved seating.
Kids under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (parent or legal guardian). WiFi is available at extra cost. Wi-Fi access codes are available for purchase at the Reception Desk.
Foot passengers must arrive at the departure port 1-hour prior departure (high season) and 30 min prior to departure (low seasons).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Color Viking ship offers:
- The buffet restaurant is an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant offering hot and cold homemade dishes (Nordic food, seafood, meat, game, soups, wok, fresh salads), desserts (including gluten- and lactose-free items) and beverages (soft drinks, beers, and wines by the glass, tea, coffee). For children, there is a separate buffet station. The buffet restaurant offers as dine packages fixed-price Breakfast (bacon, scrambled eggs, toppings, fresh rolls, cereals / inclusive of coffee, tea, milk, juices), Lunch (hot / cold dishes, homemade cakes and ice-creams / inclusive of soda, mineral water, coffee, tea) and Dinner (fresh seafood, meat and fish dishes, salad station, homemade desserts - ice creams, chocolate pudding, cakes / inclusive of soda, mineral water, coffee, tea, beer and wine by the glass). The buffet restaurant opens upon leaving the dock and closes 1 hour before arrival. Table reservations are allowed, but only upon booking and via phone. Children dine at half price.
- Color Cafe is the ship's self-service cafeteria/patisserie offering baked goods, sandwiches, baguettes, salads, snacks, light lunch (warm) dishes, pizza, desserts (cakes, pastries, homemade ice-creams), coffee drinks, soft beverages. The cafe restaurant opens upon leaving the dock and closes upon arrival. Table reservations are not allowed. Adjacent to the Cafe is the Kid's Corner (children's playroom fitted with toys).
- (deck 6) 8 Glass Bar is the ship's show lounge/disco nightclub with large dance floor and stage for live music performances (grand piano, classical concerts, DJ parties). Here are also hosted themed lectures and media presentations. The bar lounge opens upon leaving the dock and closes upon arrival.
- Taxfree Market is a duty-free shop selling wide selections of alcohol, tobaccos, gourmet and fast food, chocolates, sweets.
- Food Shop sells meats, cheeses, canned and frozen food.
- Color Shop is a duty-free store selling a variety of gifts and souvenirs, glassware, electronics, media products (music/video), luxury sunglasses, leather goods, handbags, designer watches, jewelry, accessories.
- Fashion Boutique comprises of two duty-free stores selling brand clothing for men and women. Ladies Wear shop's brands include Vero Moda, Marie Philippe, Betty Barclay, Jean-Paul Femme. Men's Wear shop's brands include Gant, Jean Paul, Henry Choice, Moods of Norway, Superdry, Bjorn Borg.
- Kids Shop sells duty-free toys and games, as well as children's clothing and accessories.
- Perfumes and Cosmetics Shop sells at duty-free prices popular luxury brands (including Versace, Prada, Chanel, La Prairie), skincare and wellness products for men and women.
- All shops open 15 min after departure and close 15 min before arrival. Passengers must show their boarding cards to be able to purchase duty-free goods.
Pets on the ship
Pets (cats, dogs, and ferrets) are allowed to board the ship with car and foot passengers. Pets are not allowed on any of the passenger decks.
Car passengers can leave their pets in their vehicle or in the ship's kennels. Foot passengers must transport their pets to and from the ship in either pet cage or other carrier. The animals must remain in the carrier for the duration of the crossing.
Color Line participates in PETS (Pet Travel Scheme) system allowing pet animals to travel on ferries between European member countries without undergoing quarantine.
- Animals are not allowed on the ship only on Color Line's 2-day cruises between Kiel and Oslo.
- In accordance with PETS requirements, on all voyages pets must have all the needed documentation in order to be able to travel.
- Pets check-ins are at least 2 hours prior departure. Each animal is charged EUR 12 / 18 per voyage. On these voyages, pets are allowed to travel either in the ship's car deck kennels (EUR 18) or caged in the private vehicle (EUR 12). As each ferry has a limited number of kennels/cat boxes, pre-booking is required. Visiting the pets during the voyage is allowed, but access to the ship's public areas and cabins is forbidden.
- While dogs are allowed to stay in the vehicle during the crossing, it is not recommended in the summer due to the car deck heat.
- Pets visiting times are 5 pm, 8:30 pm and 7:15 am.
- Guide dogs travel freely, but proper documentation must be provided by the owner. Guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owners, with access to all passenger decks, most public spaces, and select cabin types. Guide/service assistance dogs travel free of charge.
Color Viking ferry has a total of 4 pet cages, each sized 0,8x0,9x1,2 m.
Color Viking ship has 2 vehicle decks with a total capacity of 370 cars and 33 trailers. Staying on car decks during the voyage is forbidden. Car decks, as well as the engine room, technical rooms, and all watertight doors, are under constant CCTV camera surveillance.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car passengers must arrive at the departure port 2 hours prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Color Line (founded in 1990, headquartered in Oslo Norway) is a Norwegian ferry company operating on passenger and cargo shipping routes between Norway and Sweden, Germany and Denmark. Color Line's current fleet includes the ships Color Fantasy, Color Hybrid (2019), Color Magic, Color Viking, Superspeed 1, Superspeed 2.
Color Viking ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Color Viking ferryAdd Photo
Other COLOR LINE cruise ships
Color Viking ferry Wiki
The vessel was ordered by DSB Rederi (SCANDLINES since 1997) in September 1983. The ferry was delivered on October 18, 1985, under the name "MS Peder Paars". It entered service on November 21 on the Denmark route Arhus-Kalundborg. In May 1991, the ship was acquired by STENA LINE, renamed "Stena Invicta" and put on the UK-France route Dover-Calais. In the period December 1999-February 2000, it was on the Wales-Ireland route Holyhead (Isle of Anglesey)-Dun Laoghaire. In April 2000, the ferry was chartered by COLOR LINE, renamed "MS Color Viking" and put on the Norway-Sweden route Sandefjord-Stromstad. In May 2001, it was purchased by COLOR LINE.
The ship underwent two major drydock refits and refurbishments - in 1991 and 2005. During the 1991 drydock, its gross tonnage was increased (from 11602 to 19763 tons). The ship is powered by two MAN marine diesel engines (model 8L45GB) with total power output 12,48 MW. The propulsion system consists of 2 controllable pitch propellers and 3 thrusters (2 at the bow, 1 at the stern).
Color Viking ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review