Elyros ferry current position
Elyros ferry current location is at Aegean Sea (coordinates 35.90833 N / 24.18400 E) cruising at speed of 18.3 kn (34 kph/ 21 mph) en route to SOUDA. The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Elyros ferry
|Year built||1998 / Age: 23|
|Builder||Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Nagasaki, Japan)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Piraeus-Chania, Patras-Corfu-Igoumenitsa-Venice|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||192 m / 630 ft|
|Beam (width)||27 m / 89 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||33635 gt|
|Former names||Sun Flower Tsukuba|
Elyros ferry Review
Review of Elyros ferry
MS Elyros ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Crete-based company ANEK LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 1874 passengers and 620 cars and 120 trailers (trucks). The vessel was launched in 1998 and currently operates on the France-Algeria, Spain-Algeria, Greece-Crete, and Greece-Italy ferry routes, respectively, Marseille-Algiers (during summer months only, crossing time 23 hours), Alicante-Algiers (crossing time 10 hours), Piraeus-Chania (crossing time 9 hours), Patras-Corfu-Igoumenitsa-Venice (crossing time 32 hours).
As cruise ferry, Elyros offers a total of 776 berths in Inside (111) and Outside (124) staterooms, with max capacity 4 passengers (bunk-bed quad cabins). The 77 Double cabins are with two lower single beds (non-convertible to a double bed). All staterooms are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/washbasin, hairdryer), lower and upper bunk beds (wall-mounted), bedside table with stool, mirrored vanity (small writing table with chair), phone, wall-mounted reading lamps, small-sized Porthole (round-shaped, non-opening window). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
The 6 Deluxe cabins have a separate bedroom (with non-convertible to twins double bed) and lounge area (with angle sofa, low table, armchairs), mini-bar (refrigerator), flat TV. Lux tickets include complimentary breakfast at the ship's a la carte restaurant. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (cabins adapted for disabled passengers). The boat also offers a total of 323 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats in reserved seating lounge) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Elyros ship offers:
- The ship has two main restaurants - A La Carte Restaurant (serving Greek Cuisine) and Self-Service (Buffet) Restaurant. Both venues feature panoramic (floor-ceiling) windows and are suitable for quick meals prepared by Greek master chefs with extra-virgin Cretan olive oil and fresh ingredients. Personalized menus are also available.
- Snack Bar (Cafeteria / Patisserie) is open year-round and sells sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurts, ice cream, hot/cold drinks. It offers local;y-sourced products like Kalitsounia (Cretan sweet-cheese pastries and pies), yogurt, milk, herbal concoctions made of sage or dittany. Passengers can also try pita and gyros at the outdoor rotisserie areas.
- The Sun Deck has a sunbathing area (sun loungers, deckchairs), outdoor seating (small tables and chairs). It is served by an outdoor pool bar (fast food, snacks, cocktails, beer, soft drinks). As highspeed ferry, the ship's sundeck area is protected from winds by transparent glass walls.
- There is a Reserved Seating Lounge fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining armchairs) and large flat TVs.
- Onboard shopping options include several retail shops (boutiques and Mini Market) selling at discount prices alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, electronics and gadgets, special occasion gifts and souvenirs.
- ATM/cash machine is located next to the Reception (Information Desk). Onboard Wi-Fi service is paid. WiFi packages can be purchased online (upon ferry bookings) or on the ship (prepaid access cards are offered at the bars and shops). WiFi service is available on all ANEK LINES ships.
- Ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (midship-located helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
- The vessel offers plenty of outdoor deck space. It also has a special area with fully-equipped Infirmary (pharmacy) for onboard emergencies. A permanent connection to the medical telemonitoring system Teleheart allows real-time diagnosis and guidance in cardiological emergencies until the passenger is transferred to a land hospital.
- Passengers traveling with caravans stay in exclusive areas fitted with WCs, showers and free power supply. The service is available between April 1-October 31, and on the Venice and Ancona routes only.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In cases of emergency, the use of elevators and escalators is forbidden.
ANEK LINES loyalty program "ANEK Smart"
Company's "ANEK Smart" loyalty program provides bonus points and rewards cardholders with discounts, free cruise tickets, and exclusive onboard events, amenities and services. ANEK Smart allows all adult passengers (aged 18 and above) to collect points (1 point for every EUR 1) when purchasing ANEK ferry tickets and also spend money on the ship (dining, drinking, shopping, gaming).
ANEK Smart cards are in 3 levels - Friends (upon program registration, added bonus 120 points, redeem options after 300 collected points), Silver (500 points) and Gold (2500 points). These points must be collected within 2 years. To collect bonus points, passengers must present their cards prior to each money transaction.
ANEK Smart card perks and privileges include:
- "ANEK Smart Friends" - ferry ticket discounts, free tickets, access to special promotions
- "ANEK Smart Silver" - ferry ticket discounts, free tickets, 10% discount (at Cafe-Bars, A la Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Ship Shops), special promos for Silver members only.
- "ANEK Smart Gold" - ferry ticket discounts, free tickets, 10% discount (Ship Shops), 15% discount (Cafe-Bars, Buffet Restaurant), 20% discount (A la Carte Restaurant), special promos for Gold members only, free cabin upgrade (after homeport departure, depending on availability).
Pets on the ship
Traveling with pets / domestic animals are allowed on all ANEK LINES ships. For dogs and cats are available dedicated onboard lodgings. Other animals (rabbits, birds, hamsters, etc) must be in passenger-owned carriers.
- Pet animals are not allowed in staterooms, seating lounges, bar lounges, and all public rooms. Animals are allowed only on outer decks, where they can be walked by their owners.
- Upon booking, passengers have to select "Pet up to 6 kg" for animals traveling in pet cages and not requiring kennels. The "Pet over 6 kg" booking option is for animals needing onboard kennel (which must be booked in advance).
- During the crossing, animals are nourished by the owners. Water is provided by the crew. Animals must be maintained by the owners, who are obliged to remove excrements or any other uncleannesses produced by the animal.
- Visually impaired passengers travel with their guide dogs at no extra cost. Guide dogs are allowed in the stateroom. Disabled passengers or those with reduced mobility can also be accompanied by assistance dogs.
As freight, ANEK LINES ships allow transportation of semi-trailers, lorries (with or without drivers), cars, motorcycles (only as freight, without drivers), caravans, camper vans (without drivers), cargo containers, mobile machinery, boats (on cradle), industrial products.
The Elyros ship has 3 garage decks (for passenger vehicles and wheeled cargo). Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner ANEK Lines (founded in 1967, headquartered in Chania, Crete Greece) is a Greek cargo and passenger shipping company operating exclusively on the Adriatic Sea and Aegean Sea (Greek Islands) routes. ANEK Lines current fleet includes the ships Kriti 2, Asterion 2, Olympic Champion, Hellenic Spirit, Elyros, Prevelis.
Elyros ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Elyros ferryAdd Photo
Other ANEK LINES cruise ships
Elyros ferry Wiki
The previous shipowners were Blue Highway Line (1998-2007) and MOL Ferry Company (2002-2007). The vessel was delivered to Blue Highway Line in 1998 under the name "Sun Flower Tsukuba". Its powerplant includes two NKK-Pielstick marine diesel engines (model PC4-24, combined power output 21,2 MW) plus three auxiliary engines (model Daihatsu 6DL-26, combined power output 3 MW). The propulsion system includes two controllable pitch propellers.
MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) also built at its Nagasaki shipyard the cruise ferry Blue Horizon (1987, BLUE STAR FERRIES) and the large cruise linersAIDAperla (2017), AIDAprima (2016), Diamond Princess (2004), Sapphire Princess (2004), Asuka 2 (1990).
In 2007-2008 (August-September), the Danish company Knud E Hansen (naval architects / marine engineering) conducted a major drydock vessel conversion project on MS Elyros. Works included repainting (hull and superstructure), machinery upgrades, complete redesign and refurbishment of all staterooms, venues and public spaces.
ANEK LINES Piraeus-Chania service was inaugurated in September 2018 with daily departures from Piraeus-Athens (at 9 pm) and from Chania (Crete Island) at 10 pm. The service is via a partnership with BLUE STAR FERRIES. When chartered by Algerie Ferries (during summer), the Elyros ship serves the France-Algeria and Spain-Algeria routes Marseille-Algiers (crossing time 23 hours) and Alicante-Algiers (crossing time 10 hours).
Elyros ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review