MS Mayfair Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Mayfair
|Year built||2010 / Age : 9|
|Class||Nile River hotel ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Luxor-Aswan|
|Owner||Mayfair Cruises Egypt|
|Operator||Mayfair Cruises Egypt|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||75 m / 246 ft|
|Beam (width)||14 m / 46 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1700 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Sister-ships||MS Mayflower, MS Esplanade|
Review of MS Mayfair
MS Mayfair cruise ship is a stylish Nile River cruise boat offering luxurious staterooms, stylish interior and superior service. Before 2018, when the new Viking Ra was launched, MS Mayfair was also operated under charter by Viking Cruises - together with the Nile cruiser MS Omar El Khayam.
MS Mayfair has a total of 104 cabins (including 2 Suites and 10 Balcony rooms).
- (list of amenities) - private bathroom (bathtub, shower, sink, toilet, hairdryer), flat TV (satellite), safe, mini fridge, coffee maker, Internet access, individual climate control, International direct-dial phones. Standard occupancy is 2 guests per room.
- Presidential Suite (category PS), size 350 ft2 / 32,5 m2.
- Balcony Staterooms (category B, with a private balcony and French Balcony Cabins (category FB, with sliding glass doors) - size 225 ft2 / 23 m2).
Built to stunning design and featuring large panoramic windows, the Mayfair ship offers great Nile views. The interiors are modern and spacious, providing laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort. The bar on ms Mayfair Bel Air Deck boasts relaxed ambience as it's the place to meet fellow passengers after the busy day of sightseeing. All meals are served on the Nile Deck in Nile Avenue Restaurant, which offers local specialities and international food served as a grand open buffet and prepared by skilled chefs. In the evenings, dinner is à la carte. The Mayfair sun deck pampers with a small swimming pool, jacuzzi pools, and plenty of sofas and day beds to soak up the sun and admire the views.
- Sun Deck (5) – Observation lounge (covered sun deck bar area with loungers), Jacuzzis (2) and a Swimming Pool (with pool bar)
- Bel Air Deck (4) – Bel Air lounge & bar, Boutique and 2 Souvenir/Gift Shops, Presidential Suites (x2, cat PS), Balcony Rooms (x8, cat B) and French Balcony Rooms (x8, cat FB)
- Upper First Deck (3) – Salon, 2 Gift Shops, Balcony Staterooms (x4, cat B) and French Balcony (x30, cat FB)
- Main Deck (2) – large Reception area, French Balcony Rooms (x22, cat FB, 2 of them are connecting)
- Nile Deck (1) – Restaurant (“Nile Avenue”), Galley/Kitchen, Spa (steam room, sauna, aromatherapy, massages), Hairdresser, Doctor’s office, French Balcony Cabins (x6, cat FB), the boat’s Engine Room.
- dress-code is casual, but T-shirts and shorts at meals are not allowed
- age restrictions - passengers must be 30+ years of age.
- MS Mayfair (launched May 2010) is a top-luxury riverboat, and one of the newest and biggest Egypt-based cruise ships on Nile River, The vessel was designed and built to exceed all your expectations for a river travel vacation in the mystical and full of ancient wonders Egypt.
- Among the Mayfair ship's signature amenities are spacious decks, classy furniture, large and beautifully decorated venues and accommodations, modern facilities (including a Spa, swimming pool and Jacuzzi), gourmet cuisine (contemporary Western and authentic Eastern dishes prepared by local chefs), a-la-carte dining, sumptuous buffets. onboard formal receptions, superb friendly-staff service, Tour Director, fully air-conditioned ship, complimentary 24-hour room service, coffee, bottled water, English-speaking staff, onboard Galabya dance parties and lectures, headsets on shore excursions (guided by Egyptologist).
- Itineraries on Lake Nasser and Nile river cruises in Egypt operated by other major lines are offered on the riverboats Kasr Ibrim, River Tosca, Steigenberger Omar El Khayam, Sonesta St George.
The ship is often chartered by Globus-Avalon, but also from other river cruise lines offering luxury Nile River travel deals in Egypt. Prior to 2016, the ship was chartered by Avalon Waterways. Avalon changed it with the MS Sonesta St George ship for its 2016 Egypt season.
MS Mayfair Nile River cruise prices are based on double occupancy. Know that they might be different when you book your Egypt river cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On its Nile River cruise ship charters, European river cruise lines usually offer USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Mayfair NILE CRUISE itineraries
MS Mayfair Nile cruise itineraries are of 3- and 4-nights in length. These Egypt river cruises are operated year-round, with departures from Aswan to Luxor, and the reverse Luxor-Aswan route. The Viking's 7 Night round-trips from Abu Simbel to Aswan are operated by the Kasr Ibrim ship on Lake Nasser.
- 9 DAY "HIGHLIGHTS OF EGYPT" river cruise tour from Cairo (starts with a UK-Egypt flight). There's a 2-day/1-night hotel stay in Cairo City, then flight Cairo to Luxor for embarkation. On day 7 is the Aswan's Nile cruise disembarkation, with a flight from Aswan back to Cairo.
- 12 DAY "PYRAMIDS, LAKE NASSER AND NILE" cruise tour from Cairo (round-trip). This itinerary starts with 4 Day / 3 Night Cairo hotel stay and sightseeing, followed by the flight charter Cairo to Abu Simbel for embarkation (on day 4). Then follows the Abu Simbel to Luxor (Lake Nasser) cruise portion on River Nile), disembarking in Luxor (with a flight Luxor to Cairo and a farewell dinner).
- 16 DAY "EGYPT AND NILE RIVER - LAKE NASSER CRUISE" tour from Cairo (round-trip). This one starts with 3 Day / 2 Night hotel stay in the capital city for sightseeing and touring. Follows (motor-coach transfers) Cairo to Alexandria (1 Night hotel stay there) and Alexandria to Cairo, for the charter flight Cairo-Aswan. Follows the Nile cruise from Aswan (round-trip, embarkation/disembarkation), and the Lake Nasser cruise on Nile River from Aswan to Abu Simbel (disembarkation, with a flight to Cairo).
- ms Mayfair cruise Itineraries may vary due to Nile river conditions changes and the river traffic. Although rarely, ms Mayfair itinerary might get altered also by special events - occasionally, the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities closes some of the visited archaeological sites for research or restoration.
- ms Mayfair ship cruises must be booked at least 45 days prior to departure.
Mayfair NILE CRUISE package deals inclusions
- Door-to-door pick-up service (by car, distance limit of 75 ml / 120 km from your airport), a flight from Heathrow (London), all local transfers, port charges, airport taxes. Regional flights are at a supplement.
Hotel stays - Cairo (Oberoi Mena House), Alexandria (Helnan Palestine), last night in Cairo (at Fairmont Heliopolis). For more info on the line's hotel partnerships - follow the top-page Viking link.
MS Mayfair prices are inclusive of all meals on the boat, soft drinks (at lunch), soft drinks and a glass of wine/beer (at dinner). The onboard programme includes live shows by local entertainers and artisans. Also included in the tickets prices are all excursions and sightseeing tours, guided by certified local Egyptologist).
Mayfair NILE CRUISE tours and excursions
- Cairo - Giza Pyramids tour, the Sphinx in Memphis, Saqqara "Stairway to the Sky" Show, Egyptian Museum, tour to Saladin’s citadel & the Alabaster Mosque.
- Alexandria - National Museum, visiting the Catacombs, the Pillar of Pompey, the Library and the Lighthouse.
- Kom Ombo (Temple of Horus and Sobek, man’s first calendar), Edfu (Horus' Temple).
- Tours from Luxor-Edfu-Edfu–Kom Ombo - Valley of Kings & Queens, Museums, Temples, Sphinxes, the Karnak Temple, Amun-Ra, Deir el Bahri, and the Memnon's Colossi).
- Tours from Dendera and Aswan - the High Dam, Temples (Isis, Hathor, Kalabsha), the quarries (unfinished obelisk), Kitchener Island, Botanical Gardens, visit Aga Khan's Mausoleum.
- Abu Simbel-Kasr Ibrim-Amada-Wadi el-Seboua - Temples (Dakka, Meharakka, Amada, Derr), tomb of Penout, rock temples.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.