Nile River Cruises
Specifications of MS Kasr Ibrim
|Year of build||1997 / Age: 26|
|Builder||Maasara Shipyard (Cairo, Egypt)|
|Class||Nile River hotel ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Aswan-Abu Simbel|
|Length (LOA)||78 m / 256 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1700 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Owner||Kasr Ibrim Cruises|
MS Kasr Ibrim Review
Review of MS Kasr Ibrim
MS Kasr Ibrim cruises on Nile River and Lake Nasser, departing from Cairo, Egypt. The Kasr Ibrim ship welcomes her guests to enjoy Lake Nasser in a contemporary style, The riverboat is relatively small in size and creates a stress-free personalized cruising holiday.
Kasr Ibrim cabins
MS Kasr Ibrim has a total of 75 cabins (including 10 Suites and 54 Balcony rooms). The Art Deco staterooms feature modern amenities, such as hotel-style beds with luxury bedding, mini-bar, individual air conditioning, electronic safe, hairdryer, robes and slippers. Suite amenities additionally include a private balcony and Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.
- (list of amenities) - private bathroom (bathtub with shower, sink, toilet, hairdryer), safe, mini fridge, individual climate control, direct-dial phones. Suites have additionally a hot-tub.
- Imperial Suite (IS, located at the front of Deck 4) size 1500 ft2 / 139 m2, with spacious dining & sitting areas.
- Royal Suite (RS) size 635 ft2 / 59 m2, 1 large bed, sitting area.
- Junior Suite (JS) size 312 ft 2 / 29 m2, 2 twin beds, balcony.
- Balcony Staterooms (size 245 ft2 / 23 m2), categories BE, BU and BM, all with 1 large bed or 2 twin beds.
- Standard Cabins (cat L, size 245 ft2 / 23 m2).
- Occupancy in all rooms is 2 guests, triple occupancy allowed only in suites and lower deck rooms.
Daytime activities include exotic fee-free excursions with Egyptologists and seminars about the culture and history of the region. Board games in the library are another advantage. The Sun Deck is perfect to relax after the long days of exploring, with its lounge chairs and shaded areas. The fitness centre offers cardio equipment. You can also unwind in the steam bath and sauna or take a swim in the swimming pool and relax in the whirlpool on Sun Deck. The first-aid clinic is available for passengers’ convenience. The Bel Air Bar and Lounge is perfect for a drink and enjoying great conversations. You can also have a drink at the Sun Deck's Pool Bar and take in the magnificent landscape.
- Sun Deck (5) – Observation lounge (Bar area, covered sun deck with loungers), Lobby, Jacuzzi/Swimming Pool
- Executive Deck (4) – Boutique Shop, Imperial Suites (cat IS, named “Kasir Ibrim”, “Derr”, “Kalabsha”, “Amada” and “Dakka”) and Balcony Rooms (BE)
- Upper Deck (3) – Bar & Lounge area, Royal Suites (cat RS, named “Abou Simbel” and “Wadi El Seboua”) and Balcony Rooms (cat BU)
- Main Deck (2) – Reception Desk, Junior Suites (cat JS, named “Ramses”, “Nefertari” and Penout”) and Balcony Rooms (cat BM)
- Lower Deck (1) – Restaurant, Kitchen, Sauna and Steam Bath, Standard Cabins (cat L), Engine Room.
- dress-code - T-shirts & shorts are not allowed at meals.
- age limit - guests must be 30+ years of age.
- Kasr Ibrim ship amenities – Tour Director, air-conditioned lounges and bars, complimentary 24-hour room service, coffee & bottled water, English-speaking staff, galabya parties and professional lectures on board, local chefs, entertainers and artisans to entertain you.
- The cruise ship Kasr Ibrim (launched September 1997) is named after the Lake Nasser's ancient citadel. This citadel is the only Nubian empire monument still in existence in its original building location. The lake itself is one of the world's largest man-made lakes (located in southern Egypt - northern Sudan). Friendly service and superb cuisine, with each day visiting and touring one of all most popular historic and archaeological sites on Lake Nasser. Other features of this Nile cruise boat are its Art Deco 1920's style furnishings, modern amenities, well-appointed lounges, restaurant and bars, a top-deck with shaded seating and swimming pool, sauna and steam bath, exercise room, top-notch water filtration system.
The ship is often chartered by the Viking cruise line, but also from other river cruise lines offering luxury Nile River travel deals in Egypt. MS Kasr Ibrim Nile River cruise prices are based on double occupancy. Know that they might be different when you book your Egypt river cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On its Nile River cruise ship charters, European river cruise lines usually offer USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Kasr Ibrim LAKE NASSER CRUISE itineraries
The Kasr Ibrim Lake Nasser cruise itinerary is 4 Days (3 Nights) in length. It offers Egypt Nile cruises from Abu Simbel to Aswan. With a length of 5 Days (4 Nights) is the reverse route - from Aswan to Abu Simbel.
- 16 DAY "EGYPT AND NILE RIVER WITH LAKE NASSER" cruise from Cairo, starting with a flight from the UK to Egypt. Follows a 3-day/2-night stay in Egypt's capital city, then transfer to Alexandria for touring, Alexandria-Cairo motor-coach transfer and flight Cairo-Aswan (for embarkation). On day 12 is the Aswan's Nile River cruise disembarkation and Lake Nasser cruise portion embarkation, then Aswan to Abu Simbel river trip, with disembarkation and flight from Abu Simbel back to Cairo.
- 12 DAY "PYRAMIDS, LAKE NASSER AND NILE" cruise from Cairo (round-trip), with embarkation in Abu Simbel to Aswan (Lake Nasser cruise disembarkation and Nile River cruise embarkation), to end in Luxor (disembarkation, with a flight to Cairo and a farewell classy dinner).
- ms Kasr Ibrim cruise Itineraries may vary and could be altered due to Nile river conditions, traffic and special events (sometimes archaeological sites may be closed by Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities for research/restoration purposes).
- Kasr Ibrim ship cruises must be booked at least 45 days prior to departure.
Kasr Ibrim NILE CRUISE package deals inclusions
- Door-to-door pick-up car service (range limit 75 ml / 120 km) from your chosen airport), a British Airways flight from Heathrow airport (London), all local transfers, port charges & the airport taxes.
Hotel stays - 3 in Cairo (Oberoi Mena House Hotel), 1 in Alexandria (Helnan Palestine), 7 nights in a deluxe cabin on MS Mayfair, 3 nights in a deluxe cabin on MS Kasr Ibrim, 1 night in Cairo (Fairmont Heliopolis Hotel).
All meals on the ship, plus soft beverages (lunch), and soft drinks and a glass of wine or beer (dinner). The onboard experience also features ala-carte dining, buffets and formal receptions.
All excursions & sightseeing tours (guided by certified Egyptologist).
ms Kasr Ibrim LAKE NASSER CRUISE tours and excursions
- Cairo tours (Pyramids of Giza, The Sphinx, Memphis, Saqqara step pyramid, Cairo Museum, a Show, Saladin's citadel, Alabaster Mosque, Hanging Church, the Ben Ezra synagogue and visiting the Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
- Alexandria tours (National Museum, Catacombs, Pompey's Pillar, the Alexandria's Library, Pharaoh's Lighthouse.
- Kom Ombo (Temple of Horus and Sobek, man’s first calendar), Edfu (Horus' Temple).
- Luxor tours (Museum, Temple, Avenue of the Sphinxes, the Karnak Temple, Amun-Ra, Valley of the Kings and Queens, Deir el Bahri, and the Memnon's Colossi).
- Dendera (Hathor's Temple) and Aswan tours (High Dam, Temple of Isis, the granite quarries, Kitchener Island, the Botanical Gardens, Aga Khan Mausoleum, Kalabsha Temple, Beit et Wali, and the Kertassi's Kiosk.
- Wadi el Seboua (Dakka & Meharakka temples), Amada (Amada & Derr temples, Penout's tomb), Kasr Ibrim (tour to the citadel) and Abu Simbel (rock temples).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.