Sanctuary Nile Adventurer Review and Specifications
Specifications of Sanctuary Nile Adventurer
|Year built||1990 / Age : 29|
|Class||Nile River hotel ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Luxor-Aswan|
|Owner||Sanctuary Retreats Egypt|
|Operator||Sanctuary River Cruises|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||66 m / 217 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of Sanctuary Nile Adventurer
Sanctuary Nile Adventurer cruise ship is a luxury riverboat operating 3- and 4-night itineraries, 7-night B2B and 10-night cruisetours on Nile River in Egypt. Departures are from Aswan and Luxor. Sanctuary Retreats fleet of fully-owned vessels also includes Sun Boat 3 and Sun Boat 4 (Egypt), Ananda (Burma) and Yangzi Explorer (China).
The shipowner Sanctuary Retreats owns luxury lodges and safari camps in Eastern and Southern Africa, as well as a fleet of six premium riverboats operating regular cruises in Burma, China and Egypt. Established in 1999, the company focuses on adventurous safari cruises with included stays in some of Africa's most luxurious lodges and nature camps, with professional tour guides having an intimate knowledge of the local environment.
Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise deals are inclusive of all shipboard meals (plus 6 lunches and 3 dinners ashore), beverages with all meals (local beers, house wines, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee-tea), private bus travel and entrance fees (on scheduled sightseeing tours), scheduled shipboard activities and entertainment, overnight hotel stays (Four Seasons Hotel Cairo, Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor), airport-hotel-airport and hotel-ship-hotel transfers, private charter domestic flights (Cairo to Abu Simbel/Aswan, and Luxor to Cairo), government taxes, porterage charges, tour guide gratuities.
Not Included in cruise fares are International flights, passport-visa fees, alcoholic beverages (except wines-beers served at lunches and dinners), onboard gratuities, personal expenses, travel insurance.
Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise prices are inclusive of the following ashore group activities (excursions, sightseeing tours) and services:
- Meet and greet (upon arrivals/departures), bus transfers (air-conditioned motor coach), all service charges and all Gov taxes
- Excursions to Karnak, Luxor Temples, Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Valley of Queens, Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Hathor (Dendera-Qena), Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo Temples, Philae Temple, Unfinished Obelisk
- entrance fees and English-speaking guides.
On the North American market (USA and Canada), Sanctuary Retreats is represented by the luxury travel company "Abercrombie & Kent Ltd". The company is subsidiary of Abercrombie & Kent Group and headquartered in Cheltenham (Gloucestershire, England UK).
The cruise ship Nile Adventurer has a total of 32 staterooms (all outside), of which 30x cabins and 2x suites. All staterooms (excepting on Nile Deck) are with opening windows.
- Standard Cabin (28x rooms) are sized 14-17 m2 (150-180 ft2) and located on all cabin decks. Nile Deck cabins are with non-opening Porthole (half-height window).
- Deluxe Cabin (2x rooms) are sized 21 m2 (230 ft2) and feature bow location (forward on Main Deck) with circular windows.
- Presidential Suite (2x cabins) are sized 42 m2 (455 ft2) and feature bow location (forward on Promenade Deck) and private, step-out and wraparound balconies.
Standard cabin amenities include King-size double bed (some convertible to twins), bedside tables with reading lamps, wardrobe, premium Egyptian linens, electronic safe box (in the closet), mini bar (drinks cost extra), phone (onboard calls only - Reception Desk, passenger cabins), flat LCD TV (satellite reception, on-demand movies), CD player, mirrored dressing table / writing desk with chair, en-suite bathroom (L'Occitane bath products, glass shower, bathtub, mirrored single-sink vanity, magnifying mirror, hairdryer), wall-to-wall windows (half-height, with curtains and shutters), individually controlled air-conditioning.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
The Restaurant (on Main Deck) offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea searvice and dinner. An early riser tea-coffee service is also available. Onboard dining options include:
- American Buffet and a la carte items for Breakfast
- Buffet-style Lunch (Egyptian, BBQ and International buffets)
- Afternoon Tea (with fresh fruits, pastries, cookies)
- A la carte menus for Dinner
- 24-hour room service
- Ship's expert chefs cater to all dietary needs of passengers.
- Menus with gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, healthy and kids food choices.
Weather permitting, al fresco dining (open-deck Breakfast, BBQ Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Egyptian Dinner) is provided with waiter service throughout the voyage. International and local wines are served at lunch and dinner.
Onboard activities include "galabeya party" (Egyptian costumes, traditional meals, live performances by whirling dervishes and belly dancers), Egyptian cooking class, history-themed lectures by ship's Egyptologist (professional tour guide).
Upper Sun Deck has a small heated swimming pool, private cabanas, sun loungers, shaded bar lounge. Lower Sun Deck (aft) is another outdoor area for sunbathing and relaxation. The ship has a small Gym (with exercise machines), Spa (rooms for massage treatments), Gift Shop, Library, Cinema, Clinic (infirmary served by a resident doctor), Gaming Room (with computers and Internet access), Children's Corner (indoor kids club). Wi-Fi is chargeable and available in all staterooms and public areas. International phone calls can be made at the 24-hour Reception Desk. Laundry service is available at extra cost.
Private meetings and special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons) are served at extra charge. Services are upon request and include fresh flowers, romantic dinners, custom-made cakes, themed ceremonies with live performances, dedicated staff.
Upon request, for kids older than 3 years are provided dedicated youth specialists for daily educational activitiesand entertainment.
Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise itineraries
Next are listed both Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruisetours on Nile River.
3-DAY from Aswan to Luxor (downstream / northbound) itinerary
- Day 1 (Aswan embarkation) - check-in, Lunch, Philae Temple (Aswan Low Dam), Unfinished Obelisk, onboard events (Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinner)
- Day 2 - Breakfast, Kom Ombo, onboard Lecture, Edfu Temple, onboard Cooking Class, Dinner
- Day 3 - Breakfast, Valley Of The Kings, Hatsheput Temple, Colossi Of Memnon, Lunch, Luxor Temple, Karnak Temple, Dinner
- Day 4 (Luxor) - Breakfast, check-out, debarkation
4-DAY from Luxor to Aswan (upstream / southbound) itinerary
- Day 1 (Luxor embarkation) - check-in, Lunch, Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, onboard events (Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinner)
- Day 2 - Breakfast, Valley Of The Kings, Hatsheput Temple, Colossi Of Memnon, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3 - Breakfast, Esna Temple, Lunch, Edfu Temple, onboard Cooking Lesson, Dinner
- Day 4 - Breakfast, Kom Ombo, Lunch, Philae Temple, Unfinished Obelisk, felucca boat tour, Dinner
- Day 5 (Aswan) - Breakfast, check-out, debarkation
B2Bs (back-to-back cruises) are also offered, with both itineraries combined into either 7-DAY roundtrip from Luxor, or 7-DAY roundtrip from Aswan.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.