Specifications of Sanctuary Sun Boat IV
|Year built||1996 / Age: 26|
|Builder||Maasara Shipyard (Cairo, Egypt)|
|Class||Nile River hotel ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Luxor-Aswan|
|Owner||Sanctuary Retreats Egypt|
|Operator||Sanctuary River Cruises, Abercrombie-Kent|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||72 m / 236 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Sister-ships||Sanctuary Sun Boat III|
Sanctuary Sun Boat IV Review
Review of Sanctuary Sun Boat IV
Sanctuary Sun Boat 4 a premium Nile River cruise ship operating 3- and 4-night itineraries, 7-night B2Bs and 10-night cruise tours in Egypt. Riverboat's departures are from Aswan and Luxor. Sanctuary Retreats fleet of fully-owned vessels also includes Nile Adventurer and Sun Boat 3 (Egypt), Ananda (Burma) and Yangzi Explorer (China).
The shipowner Sanctuary Retreats owns luxury lodges and safari camps in Eastern and Southern Africa, as well as a fleet of six premium riverboats operating regular cruises in Burma, China and Egypt. Established in 1999, the company focuses on adventurous safari cruises with included stays in some of Africa's most luxurious lodges and nature camps, with professional tour guides having an intimate knowledge of the local environment.
Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise deals are inclusive of all shipboard meals (plus 6 lunches and 3 dinners ashore), beverages with all meals (local beers, house wines, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee-tea), private bus travel and entrance fees (on scheduled sightseeing tours), scheduled shipboard activities and entertainment, overnight hotel stays (Four Seasons Hotel Cairo, Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor), airport-hotel-airport and hotel-ship-hotel transfers, private charter domestic flights (Cairo to Abu Simbel/Aswan, and Luxor to Cairo), government taxes, porterage charges, tour guide gratuities.
Not Included in cruise fares are International flights, passport-visa fees, alcoholic beverages (except wines-beers served at lunches and dinners), onboard gratuities, personal expenses, travel insurance.
Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise prices are inclusive of the following ashore group activities (excursions, sightseeing tours) and services:
- Meet and greet (upon arrivals/departures), bus transfers (air-conditioned motor coach), all service charges and all Gov taxes
- Excursions to Karnak, Luxor Temples, Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Valley of Queens, Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Hathor (Dendera-Qena), Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo Temples, Philae Temple, Unfinished Obelisk
- entrance fees and English-speaking guides.
On the North American market (the USA and Canada), Sanctuary Retreats is represented by the luxury travel company "Abercrombie & Kent Ltd". The company is a subsidiary of Abercrombie & Kent Group and headquartered in Cheltenham (Gloucestershire, England UK).
The cruise ship Sun Boat 4 has 36x Standard cabins and 4x Suites (2x Royal and 2x Presidential). All staterooms (excepting on Nile Deck) are with opening windows.
- Standard Cabin (36x rooms) are sized 15-18 m2 (160-195 ft2) and located forward-midship on decks 1-Nile, 2-Main, 3-Bridge and 4-Promenade. Nile Deck cabins are with non-opening Porthole (half-height window).
- Presidential Suite (2x cabins) are sized 38 m2 (410 ft2), located forward on deck 2-Main and have a shared step-out balcony.
- Royal Suite (2x cabins) are sized 55 m2 (590 ft2), located forward on deck 4-Promenade and have private, step-out balconies.
Standard cabin amenities include convertible to double twin beds (some with King-size double bed only), 4-poster bed canopy with drapes, premium Egyptian linens, bedside tables with drawers, wall-mounted reading lamps, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), mini bar (drinks cost extra), phone (onboard calls only - Reception Desk, passenger cabins), flat LCD TV (satellite reception, on-demand movies), CD player, mirrored dressing table / writing desk with chair, armchair, en-suite bathroom (L'Occitane bath products, glass shower, bathtub, mirrored single-sink vanity, magnifying mirror, hairdryer), wall-to-wall windows (half-height, with curtains and shutters), individually controlled air-conditioning.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
The Dining Room Restaurant (on Main Deck) offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea service and dinner. An early riser tea-coffee service is also available. Onboard dining options include:
- American Buffet and a la carte items for Breakfast
- Buffet-style Lunch (Egyptian, BBQ and International buffets)
- Afternoon Tea (with fresh fruits, pastries, cookies)
- A la carte menus for Dinner
- 24-hour room service
- Ship's expert chefs cater to all dietary needs of passengers.
- Menus with gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, healthy and kids food choices.
Weather permitting, al fresco dining on Promenade Deck aft / Lower Sun Deck (Breakfast, BBQ Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Egyptian Dinner) is provided with waiter service throughout the voyage. International and local wines are served at lunch and dinner.
Onboard activities include "galabeya party" (Egyptian costumes, traditional meals, live performances by whirling dervishes and belly dancers), Egyptian cooking class, history-themed lectures by ship’s Egyptologist (professional tour guide), watching movies.
Upper Sun Deck has a heated swimming pool with a sunbathing area (loungers and low tables) and shaded seating area (awnings / canvas-covered tents with padded lounge furniture - outdoor sofas and armchairs). The ship has a small Gym (with exercise machines), Spa (rooms for massage treatments), Gift Shop, Library, Clinic (infirmary served by a resident doctor), Gaming Room (with computers and Internet access), Wi-Fi is complimentary and available in all staterooms and public areas. International phone calls can be made at the 24-hour Reception Desk. Laundry service is available at extra cost.
Private meetings and special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons) are served at an extra charge. Such services are upon request and include fresh flowers, romantic dinners, custom-made cakes, themed ceremonies with live performances, dedicated staff.
Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise itineraries
Next, are listed both Sanctuary Retreats Egypt cruise tours on Nile River.
3-DAY from Aswan to Luxor (downstream/northbound) itinerary
- Day 1 (Aswan embarkation) - check-in, Lunch, Philae Temple (Aswan Low Dam), Unfinished Obelisk, onboard events (Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinner)
- Day 2 - Breakfast, Kom Ombo, onboard Lecture, Edfu Temple, onboard Cooking Class, Dinner
- Day 3 - Breakfast, Valley Of The Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi Of Memnon, Lunch, Luxor Temple, Karnak Temple, Dinner
- Day 4 (Luxor) - Breakfast, check-out, debarkation
4-DAY from Luxor to Aswan (upstream/southbound) itinerary
- Day 1 (Luxor embarkation) - check-in, Lunch, Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, onboard events (Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinner)
- Day 2 - Breakfast, Valley Of The Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi Of Memnon, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3 - Breakfast, Esna Temple, Lunch, Edfu Temple, onboard Cooking Lesson, Dinner
- Day 4 - Breakfast, Kom Ombo, Lunch, Philae Temple, Unfinished Obelisk, felucca boat tour, Dinner
- Day 5 (Aswan) - Breakfast, check-out, debarkation
B2Bs (back-to-back cruises) are also offered, with both itineraries combined into either 7-DAY roundtrip from Luxor, or 7-DAY roundtrip from Aswan.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Sanctuary Sun Boat IV - user reviews and comments
Other Sanctuary Retreats cruise ships
Sanctuary Sun Boat IV User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review