MS Mayflower Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Mayflower
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Class||Nile River hotel ship|
|Owner||Mayfair Cruises Egypt|
|Operator||Mayfair Cruises Egypt|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||77 m / 253 ft|
|Beam (width)||14 m / 46 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1700 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Sister-ships||MS Mayfair, MS Esplanade|
Review of MS Mayflower
MS Mayflower cruise ship is a 2019-built Nile River cruiser/hotel-ship with luxurious staterooms, stylish interior and superior hotel services. The vessel is owned and operated by Mayfair Cruises Egypt (Luxor City-based cruise tour company). Mayfair Cruises specializes in regularly scheduled Nile River passenger shipping operations between homeports Luxor and Aswan. The company offers 3-4-7-night itineraries visiting Egypt's ancient temples, Pharaoh tombs and ruins on professionally guided (by certified Egyptologists) daily shore excursions.
MS Mayflower has a total of 54 staterooms, of which 18 are Suites and 8 are Executive cabins. Standard complimentary cabin amenities include an en-suite bathroom (bathtub, shower, toilet, single-sink vanity, hairdryer), flat TV (satellite reception), International direct-dial phone, electronic safe box (in the closet), mini-fridge, coffee maker, Internet access, individual air-conditioning. Standard occupancy is 2 passengers per room. Additional amenities in Royal Suites, Presidential Suites and Executive cabins include free minibar soft drinks (replenished daily) and unlimited soft drinks and alcoholic beverages (served in the Bar Lounge). Executive and Deluxe cabins with queen beds also feature a veranda.
- Royal Suite is sized 430 ft2 (40 m2) and has Queen-size double bed (convertible to twins), step-out balcony, two bathrooms.
- Presidential Suite (category PS) is sized 410 ft2 (38 m2) and has Queen-size double bed and step-out balcony.
- Executive cabins are sized 215 ft2 (20 m2) and with large poster windows (tilting vertically).
- Standard/Deluxe cabins are also sized 215 ft2 (20 m2) and with either 1x Queen (double/non-convertible) or 2x Twins (single beds).
Built to the stunning design and featuring large panoramic windows, the Mayflower ship offers great Nile views. The interiors are modern and spacious, providing laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort. The Lounge Bar “Sultan Lounge” on ms Mayflower Main Deck boasts relaxed ambiance as it's the place to meet fellow passengers after the busy day of sightseeing. All meals are served on the Nile Deck in Pasha Restaurant, which offers local specialties and international food served as a grand open buffet and prepared by skilled chefs. Restaurant's table capacity is 6-8-10-seats. In the evenings, dinner is à la carte. The Mayflower sun deck pampers with a small swimming pool, two jacuzzis, and plenty of sofas and day beds to soak up the sun and admire the views.
- Sun Deck (5) – Observation lounge (covered sun deck bar area with cabanas), a Swimming Pool (with pool bar) and two Jacuzzis.
- Royal Deck (4) – Royal Suites (x12), Executive cabins (x4, queen beds and veranda), Executive cabins (x4, twin beds).
- Vizier Deck (3) – “Vizier Salon” (Library/mezzanine floor), Royal Suites (x4), Presidential Suites (x2), Deluxe cabins (x20, twin beds).
- Main Deck (2) – large Reception area and lobby, Lounge Bar “Sultan Lounge”, Deluxe cabins (x6, queen beds and veranda), Deluxe cabins (x4, twin beds).
- Nile Deck (1) – Restaurant (“Pasha”), Galley/Kitchen, Spa (steam room, sauna, aromatherapy, massages), Hairdresser, Doctor’s office, Guides' Cabins (215 ft2 / 20 m2), the boat’s Engine Room.
- dress-code is casual, but T-shirts and shorts at meals are not allowed
- MS Mayflower (launched 2019) is a top-luxury riverboat, and one of the newest and biggest Egypt-based cruise ships on Nile River. The vessel was designed and built to exceed all your expectations for a river travel vacation in the mystical and full of ancient wonders Egypt.
- Among the Mayflower ship's signature amenities are spacious decks, classy furniture, large and beautifully decorated venues and accommodations, modern facilities (including a Spa and swimming pool), gourmet cuisine (contemporary Western and authentic Eastern dishes prepared by local chefs), a-la-carte dining, sumptuous buffets, onboard formal receptions, superb friendly-staff service, Tour Director, fully air-conditioned ship, complimentary 24-hour room service, coffee, bottled water, English-speaking staff, onboard Galabya dance parties and lectures, headsets on shore excursions (guided by Egyptologist).
- Itineraries on Lake Nasser and Nile river cruises in Egypt operated by other major lines are offered on the riverboats Kasr Ibrim, River Tosca, Steigenberger Omar El Khayam, Sonesta St George.
MS Mayflower Nile River cruise prices are based on double occupancy. Know that they might be different when you book your Egypt river cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On its Nile River cruise ship charters, European river cruise lines usually offer USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Mayflower NILE CRUISE itineraries
- 9 DAY "HIGHLIGHTS OF EGYPT" river cruise tour from Cairo (starts with a UK-Egypt flight). There's a 2-day/1-night hotel stay in Cairo City, then flight Cairo to Luxor for embarkation. On day 7 is the Aswan's Nile cruise disembarkation, with a flight from Aswan back to Cairo.
- 12 DAY "PYRAMIDS, LAKE NASSER AND NILE" cruise tour from Cairo (round-trip). This itinerary starts with 4 Day / 3 Night Cairo hotel stay and sightseeing, followed by the flight charter Cairo to Abu Simbel for embarkation (on day 4). Then follows the Abu Simbel to Luxor (Lake Nasser) cruise portion on River Nile, disembarking in Luxor (with a flight Luxor to Cairo and a farewell dinner).
- 16 DAY "EGYPT AND NILE RIVER - LAKE NASSER CRUISE" tour from Cairo (round-trip). This one starts with 3 Day / 2 Night hotel stay in the capital city for sightseeing and touring. Follows (motor-coach transfers) Cairo to Alexandria (1 Night hotel stay there) and Alexandria to Cairo, for the charter flight Cairo-Aswan. Follows the Nile cruise from Aswan (round-trip, embarkation/disembarkation), and the Lake Nasser cruise on Nile River from Aswan to Abu Simbel (disembarkation, with a flight to Cairo).
- ms Mayflower cruise Itineraries may vary due to Nile river conditions changes and the river traffic. Although rarely, ms Mayflower itinerary might get altered also by special events - occasionally, the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities closes some of the visited archaeological sites for research or restoration.
- ms Mayflower ship cruises must be booked at least 45 days prior to departure.
Mayflower NILE CRUISE package deals inclusions
- Door-to-door pick-up service (by car, distance limit of 75 ml / 120 km from your airport), a flight from Heathrow (London), all local transfers, port charges, airport taxes. Regional flights are at a supplement.
Hotel stays - Cairo (Oberoi Mena House), Alexandria (Helnan Palestine), last night in Cairo (at Fairmont Heliopolis). For more info on the line's hotel partnerships - follow the top-page Viking link.
MS Mayflower prices are inclusive of all meals on the boat, soft drinks (at lunch), soft drinks and a glass of wine/beer (at dinner). The onboard program includes live shows by local entertainers and artisans. Also included in the tickets prices are all excursions and sightseeing tours, guided by certified local Egyptologist).
Mayflower NILE CRUISE tours and excursions
- Cairo - Giza Pyramids tour, the Sphinx in Memphis, Saqqara "Stairway to the Sky" Show, Egyptian Museum, tour to Saladin’s citadel & the Alabaster Mosque.
- Alexandria - National Museum, visiting the Catacombs, the Pillar of Pompey, the Library and the Lighthouse.
- Kom Ombo (Temple of Horus and Sobek, man’s first calendar), Edfu (Horus' Temple).
- Tours from Luxor-Edfu-Edfu–Kom Ombo - Valley of Kings & Queens, Museums, Temples, Sphinxes, the Karnak Temple, Amun-Ra, Deir el Bahri, and the Memnon's Colossi).
- Tours from Dendera and Aswan - the High Dam, Temples (Isis, Hathor, Kalabsha), the quarries (unfinished obelisk), Kitchener Island, Botanical Gardens, visit Aga Khan's Mausoleum.
- Abu Simbel-Kasr Ibrim-Amada-Wadi el-Seboua - Temples (Dakka, Meharakka, Amada, Derr), tomb of Penout, rock temples.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Mayflower - user reviews and comments
Other Mayfair Cruises Egypt cruise ships
MS Mayflower Wiki
MS Mayflower User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review