Viking Cruises (Russian River Cruises)
Viking Ingvar Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Ingvar
|Year built||1990 / Age : 29|
|Builder||VEB Elbewerften Boizenburg (Rosslau, Germany)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project 302)|
|Ferry route / homeports||St Petersburg-Moscow|
|Owner||North-Western Shipping Company (UCL Holding, Russia)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises Russia|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||129 m / 423 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5500 gt|
|Passengers||104 - 210|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||MS Narkom Pakhomov, MS Pakhomov, Viking Pakhomov|
Current itinerary of Viking Ingvar
Viking Ingvar current cruise is 12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg. The itinerary starts on 18 May, 2019 and ends on 30 May, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 May||Departing from Moscow, Russia hotels|
|19 May||Moscow, Russia|
|20 May||Moscow, Russia|
|21 May||Moscow Canal, Russia|
|21 May||Moscow, Russia|
|22 May||Uglich, Russia|
|23 May||Yaroslavl, Russia|
|24 May||Volga-Baltic Waterway, Russia|
|24 May||Kuzino, Northern Dvina River, Russia|
|25 May||Kizhi Island, Lake Onega, Russia|
|25 May||Lake Onega, Russia|
|26 May||Neva River, Russia|
|26 May||Lake Ladoga, Neva River, Russia|
|26 May||Mandrogi, Russia|
|26 May||Svir River, Russia|
|27 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|28 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|29 May||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|30 May||Arriving in Saint Petersburg, Russia hotels|
Review of Viking Ingvar
The Viking Ingvar (MS Pakhomov) ship cruises on Volga river in Russia, departing from St Petersburg and Moscow. This Viking cruise ship is named after Ingvar - son of prince Rurik (Viking by origin), he was raised by and later succeeded his uncle prince Helgi (Oleg) as a ruler of the huge Kievan Rus empire.
MS Pakhomov was extensively refit, refurbished and renamed from "Viking Pakhomov" in 2013.
Cabin grades are 6. Total number of cabins is 102, of which 4 Suite, 67 Balcony, 33 with a non-opening window. Next are listed the ship's staterooms as types (categories), numbers and deck location:
- Suites - JS (x2, deck3), AA (x2, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - AX (x35, deck3), BX (x32, deck2)
- Deluxe RiverView Staterooms - CX (x8, deck1), DX (x23, deck1), plus 2x Single rooms
- Staterooms offer as standard amenities hotel-style beds (double or twins / sized 2 x 1,6 m or 2 x 0,8 m), 26-inch flat TV (satellite reception, infotainment system), wardrobe, safe (in the closet), mini-refrigerator, direct-dial phone, radio, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, wash basin, hairdryer, towels, robes, slippers, bath products), mirrored vanity (writing desk with chair), bedside table, bed lights, 220 V power sockets, central air-conditioning (individually / thermostat-controlled heating and ventilation system), premium bedding, modern LED lighting. Ceiling height is 2,2 m.
Main Dining Room is named Neva Restaurant. The ship has the following facilities:
- Panorama Lounge and Bar (observation)
- Atrium lobby (Reception)
- Bar and Library (2 Internet stations)
- Boutique Shop (Russian gifts and souvenirs)
- walk-around Promenade (deck 1)
- Sun Deck (Wheelhouse, Sky Bar, shaded seating area)
- 1 elevator
- Medical Room (Infirmary / Doctor's Office)
Viking River Cruises Russia deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), laundry, all land tours/excursions, ground transfers, live onboard entertainment and lectures, traditional Russian food and vodka tastings, 24-hour tea/coffee, replenished daily bottled water. To and from the boat (land) transfers and airport meet-and-greet services are included in cruisetour fares only when airfares are purchased through Viking Cruises.
Viking Ingvar river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Russia cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Ingvar's Volga cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Ingvar river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "WATERWAYS OF THE TSARS" are 12-days luxury Volga river cruises from Saint Petersburg to Moscow, and the reverse from Moscow to Saint Petersburg. There are 11 complimentary land tours/excursions and no hotel packages included in the fares. Feature port activities and tours along the route are:
- St Petersburg excursions (Winter Palace, the Hermitage Museum - one of the world's largest and oldest, with a huge and unique collection of arts and antiquities, jewelries, sculptures, traditional Russian ballet performances, Pushkin district excursion, Catherine Palace - the summer residence of the Russian monarchs/"tsars"), St Petersburg bus tour, optional tour to Peterhof Palace (gardens, fountains), St Petersburg departure in early evening (on day 4).
- Neva River cruise and crossing Lake Ladoga (the largest in Europe, on day 5)
- Svir River cruise to Mandrogy (local Vodka Museum, Russian handmade souvenirs. Optional excursions in Mandrogy are themed "banya" (visiting a traditional Russian bathhouse) and "matryoshka" (traditional Russian wooden doll making)
- Cruising along the Russian “Blue Route” (225 km / 139 ml in length)
- Onega Lake cruise (the Europe's second largest)
- Kizhi (local Museum of Architecture /outdoor exposition of traditionally built Russian wooden houses, windmills, churches, most of them built without nails))
- Volga-Baltic waterways cruising (370 km / 230 ml long system of small rivers, canals and 7 locks connecting Volga River with Baltic Sea
- Kuzino (Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery, Assumption Cathedral, local museum)
- Yaroslavl (local covered market for food and handmade items)
- Moscow Canal cruise (arrival during lunch time, half-day long tour in Moscow visits Bolshoi Theater, Red Square, St Basil Cathedral, GUM Store, Metro. The second day offers full day long parks and monuments tour, with optional half-day long excursion to Tretyakov Gallery (fine art museum). Third day Moscow touring visits Kremlin and two cathedrals, with optional Kremlin Armory tour.
- Departures from St Petersburg offer optional 2-night Moscow hotel package. On departures from Moscow, the line offers optional 3-night Helsinki hotel package (Finland).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there. For other Russia-based ships you can visit our dedicated to Russian River Cruises hub.
Viking Ingvar wiki
Built as Narkom Pakhomov, Viking Ingvar is one of Russia's signature "Project 302" river cruise ships.
Dmitriy Furmanov-class Russian river ships
"Dmitriy Furmanov class" (aka "Project 302") are 4 series of Russian river cruise ships built in GDR (Eastern Germany) for USSR (Soviet Union) in the period 1983-1992. The vessel class name honors the Russian writer Dmitriy Andreyevich Furmanov (1891-1926) who also served as Bolshevik commissar (Red Army officer).
These Russian river cruise ships (a total of 27 units) were all produced by VEB Elbewerft Boizenburg and represent an upgraded (larger) version of Project 301 (Vladimir Ilyich-class) riverboats. These ships were used for passenger (cruise) shipping in Northwestern USSR - on the rivers Volga, Belomorkanal, Lake Onega, Volga–Don Canal, Kama and Amur rivers, as well as on Dnieper River (Ukraine), Black Sea (coastal cruising) and Yangtze River (in China). Following the USSR's collapse (1991), all these boats were acquired by private companies (Russian and foreign).
"Project 302" ship technology
"Project 302" ships have the following details:
- LOA length 129 m (423 ft)
- width 17 m (55 ft)
- DWT tonnage 3852 tons
- V-shaped hulls - differ by series as external elements, window shape (rectangular or rounded), wheelhouse headlights
- 5 decks (4 passenger)
- Originally, each boat had capacity 332 passengers and 98 crew, all-outside cabins (1-2-3-bed), 2 restaurants (180 seats plus 80 seats), Cafe Bar (79 seats, with dance floor), 2 bar lounges (common rooms), Cinema (102 seats), Music Hall with Bar (75 seats), Observation Lounge with Bar (75 seats), Sauna Room, Souvenir Shop, Hair Salon, Massage Salon, Library, Hospital (first-aid room), 360-degree Promenade Deck (with outdoor seating / 100 seats, sports area).
- Powerplant includes three marine diesel engines "Viertakt-Dieselmotor " (4-stroke, model 6ЧРН 36/45 / aka ЭГ70-5) each with turbocharger.
- Propulsion consists of 3 bow thrusters.
- Powerplant consists of 3x diesel engines (4-stroke 6ЧРН 36/45, aka EГ70-5) with turbocharger and total power output 2,2 MW.
- Staterooms are single, double and quads (originally 1-2-3-bed cabins) with en-suite bathrooms.
- After reconstruction, to the ships were introduced larger cabins (including suites) and quads (with 2 upper bunks / wall-mounted Pullman beds).
- All these traditional Russian ships were modernized, completely refurbished and rebuilt for both domestic and foreign river cruise companies. During their multi-million dolar drydock refits, vessel's passenger capacity was considerably reduced to improve travel comfort and safety.
Project 302 ships
From Project 302's first series are the boats
- Dmitriy Furmanov (1983, Дмитрий Фурманов)
- Akademik Viktor Glushkov (1983, now Igor Stravinsky / Игорь Стравинский)
- Novikov-Priboy (1983, now Sergei Rachmaninov)
- Aleksey Surkov (1984, now Viking Helgi)
- Konstantin Simonov (1984, Константин Симонов)
- Leonid Sobolev (1985, Леонид Соболев)
- Mikhail Sholokhov (1985, Михаил Шолохов)
From Project 302's second series are the boats
- Aleksey Vatchenko (1985, now Ivan Bunin)
- Yuriy Andropov (1986, Юрий Андропов)
- Zosima Shashkov (1986, Зосима Шашков)
- General Vatutin (1986, Генерал Ватутин)
- MS Russ (1987, Русь)
- MS Lenin (1987, Ленин)
- Sergey Kirov (1987, now Viking Truvor)
- Marshal Rybalko (1988, now Zirka Dnipra / Dnieper Princess)
- Marshal Koshevoy (1988, now Viking Akun)
- Georgy Chicherin (1988, Георгий Чичерин)
- Leonid Krasin (1989, Леонид Красин)
- Nikolay Bauman (1989, now Knyazhna Anastasia)
- General Lavrinenkov (1990, Генерал Лавриненков)
- Narkom Pakhomov (1990, now Viking Ingvar)
From Project 302's third series are the boats
- Gleb Krzhizhanovskiy (1990, Глеб Кржижановский)
- Maxim Litvinov (1991, Максим Литвинов)
From Project 302's fourth (last) series are the riverboats
- Taras Shevchenko (September 1991, now TG Shevchenko)
- Konstantin Stanyukovich (October 1991, now Princess Jeannie / Xian Ni) Regal China Cruises
- Arkadiy Gaydar (November 1991, now Princess Sheena / Xian Na) Regal China Cruises
- Aleksandr Grin (December 1991, now Princess Elaine / Xian Ting) Regal China Cruises
- Vladimir Vysotsky (planned, hull built in 1996, launched in 2003 as "Ocean Diva Original")
Viking Ingvar - user reviews and comments
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Ingvar Itineraries
The below listed Viking Ingvar cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Russian River Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 May 06||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3595|
|2019 May 18||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2019 May 30||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4145|
|2019 Jun 11||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2019 Jun 23||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2019 Jul 05||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2019 Jul 17||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2019 Jul 29||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$4245|
|2019 Aug 10||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2019 Aug 22||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow|
|2019 Sep 03||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg|
|2019 Sep 15||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$7195|
|2019 Sep 27||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$4145|
|2019 Oct 09||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$3295|
|2020 May 06||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$2795|
|2020 May 18||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$2995|
|2020 May 30||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3295|
|2020 Jun 11||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$3645|
|2020 Jun 23||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3645|
|2020 Jul 05||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$3745|
|2020 Jul 17||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3745|
|2020 Jul 29||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$3745|
|2020 Aug 10||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3745|
|2020 Aug 22||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$3745|
|2020 Sep 03||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3295|
|2020 Sep 15||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$3295|
|2020 Sep 27||12 days, one-way from Saint Petersburg to Moscow||Saint Petersburg||$3645|
|2020 Oct 09||12 days, one-way from Moscow to Saint Petersburg||Moscow||$2795|