Corfu is a port town is located on Corfu island in Ionian Sea. The port's name in Greek is Kerkyra. Corfu cruise port has a major influence on the island’s economy. This Greek cruise port manages over 200,000 passengers and around 150 ship calls annually. The port is often included in cruise itineraries in Adriatic Sea and in many cruises between Italy and Greece as it connects Italy with mainland Greece.
Corfu cruise port attracts tourists with its amazing beaches and attractions like the old town – UNESCO world cultural heritage listed. The population of the the capital city is 30,000 people.
The whole island has length of 40 ml (65 km) and width of 20 ml (32 km). Next photo show's the island's Old Fortress. This is a Venetian fortress that covers the promontory (the old town of Corfu).
For season 2016, despite the 2015's decline due to Greece's economic crisis, Corfu cruise port reported over 400 scheduled ship calls and over 700,000 passengers.
Highlights: Corfu Town, Achilleion Palace, Paleokastritsa Monastery
Corfu Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Corfu Island dock (anchor) at Corfu - port town on the eastern coast. Corfu cruise port terminal is located on the Neo Limani (the New Port). It also serves as a ferry port.
Passengers are transferred to the main terminal via shuttle buses. There are shuttles to the heart of Corfu too. If you prefer a walk, it will take you between twenty minutes to half an hour (the distance is 3 km). The walk is really nice along the ocean-side (you have to leave Corfu cruise port terminal on your left and walk right). You can also catch a taxi.. The ride from Corfu cruise port terminal to the Old Town varies from 8 to 10 euros.
The cruise terminal is equipped with 7 check-in counters, several Info Kiosk, X-ray screening equipment, first-aid clinic, accessibility for travelers with special needs, waiting hall (with free Wi-Fi), offices of rental car agencies, ATM, public phones, tax-free souvenir shop.
The official language of the area is Greek, the currency is Euro. The general working time in Corfu includes long lunch break – from 1:30PM to 5:30PM. Next is the cruise port's map.
Corfu Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- New Fort: located on Plateía Solomou (Corfu’s north end). The fort dates from 16th century. You can also visit the New Fortress and the Museum of Authentic Casts.
- Esplanade: or Spianada is the largest Greek square.
- Royal Palace Museum of Asian Art: located on the Spianada’s north side. The building dates from 1816 and served as a Royal Palace of the British Lord High Commissioner. Now it houses stunning collection of art from China, Japan and India. You can also see the Archives of the Ionian Academy.
- Count Matthias Johann von der Schulenburg Statue: located on Spianada’s east side. In 1716, the Count commanded the island’s defense against the Turkish army.
- Old Town: it starts from the north side of Áyios Spyrídon church. The streets are narrow, the houses are Venetian- and Italian-styled.
- Corfu Archeological Museum/Gorgon Pediment: located at 1 A. Vraila Street.
- Tomb of Menekrates: dates from seventh (or sixth) century B.C. Located half a kilometer from the Archeological Museum.
- Temple of Artemis: dates from the 6th BC, located beyond Áyios Theodóros monastery.
- Dionysios Solomos Museum: located at 1 Arseniou Street. Houses collections related to the personal life of Solomonos.
The Corfu Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Corfu Island, Greece.
If you lose the Corfu Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Corfu Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Corfu Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
1 May, 2017
2 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
7 May, 2017
9 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
11 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
16 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
23 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
29 May, 2017
30 May, 2017