Dubai cruise port is part of Port Rashid (aka Mina Rashid) operating since 1972 . The port is named after Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (). Dubai has the world's only cruise ship terminal operated by a government (UAE's department of tourism). This means an extra attention to every passenger is provided, along with enhanced travel experiences including certified tour guides, swift entry system (no visa issues).
At Dubai's cruise port is currently berthed the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 ship - the famous Cunard ocean liner. She will stay moored there untill the decision of her future. The port's cruise ship schedule shows vessels with voyages visiting Muscat, Bahrain, Fujairah, Abu Dhabi, India and the Far East. Dubai will also amaze you with all its city tour possibilities.
- In January 2017 was signed an exclusive contract between Dubai's RTA (Roads and Transport Authority) and DP World (Mina Rashid terminals' owner and operator). By this deal are provided taxi services for passenger transportation between the city and the new terminal Hamdan bin Mohammed at Port Rashid.
- RTA's services include both taxis and VIP limousines to greet disembarking cruise ship tourist. The taxi corporation has over 5,000 cabs. Its 2015 annual report showed over 47 million taxi trips serving about 94 million customers.
During season 2016-2017 (October through July), the port had scheduled 157 cruise ship visits. This was a 16% increase over season 2015-2016 (134 cruise ships). The expected number of passengers disembarking at Rashid Port was around 650,000, which was a 30% increase over season 2015-2016.
During season 2017-2018, the port had as clients 23 cruise ship companies, of which 6 used its as toraround port (had ships based here for roundtrip itineraries). This number included the addition of NCL Norwegian and Thomson Cruises (UK).
Cruise itineraries to and from Dubai
Follows a list of destinations visited by cruise ships leaving out of Dubai:
- World Cruises - around the world voyages starting in Europe or Australia visit Dubai before or after their Suez Canal transition. Generally are offered smaller world cruise segments with departures from Dubai to ports in Europe (westbound, to Southampton) or on eastbound routes - in Asia (to Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tianjin) and Australia (to Sydney, Brisbane). Shortest segments are between Dubai and India, Singapore, Greece, Italy, Turkey.
- 7-day Dubai cruise deals (round-trip departures) are the most common itineraries. They include visiting ports in the UAE (Abu Dhabi, Khor Fakkan) also in Oman (Khasab, Muscat) and Bahrain (Mina Salman).
- Transition / repositioning cruise itineraries offer Suez Canal transits with eaither eastbound routes (from Europe-Mediterranean to Asia) or the reverse westbound routes (from Asia to Europe /via Mediterranean Sea).
- Among the cruise lines operating from Dubai are AIDA, Costa, MSC, Royal Caribbean, TUI, Thomson.
- The list of other UAE cruise ports also includes the Sir Bani Yas Island (private resort destination for MSC and Costa cruise ship passengers).
- For all current and future (scheduled) cruise itineraries, lines and ships to and from Dubai, see at the port's "Schedule" section above (located to the right of the "Map" button).
"Project Orient Limited” (POL) plans to build two ocean cruise liners for a regular passenger shipping service between Europe-UK and Australia (Southampton - Sydney). The scheduled itinerary will be 26 days in one direction (Southampton to Sydney, and the reverse Sydney to Southampton). The included ports of call are Fremantle (at the 20 day mark), also Dubai, Mumbai (India) and Singapore. Each of the STX France-built ships will be 200,000 GT tons and with capacity 1600 pax. The expected cruise pricing starts from around GBP 2900 per person (one-way fares).
Highlights: City, souks, desert safaris
Dubai cruise terminal
Dubai cruise port is located on the UAE's Persian Gulf and has all 3 cruise terminals. The cruise port is located approx 9 ml / 15 km (north, 25-min drive distance) from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and approx 23 ml / 37 km (south, 30-min drive distance) from Al Maktoum International Airport (in Jebel Ali). It is easy to use a taxi transfer between Port Rashid and the city.
Mina Rashid Cruise Terminal
Mina Rashid cruise terminal has 7 berths, which means it can handle 7 large-sized vessels (with total passenger capacity 25,000) simultaneously. The terminal was renovated in 2010 and all cargo vessels were moved to the Jebel Ali Port. Port Rashid remained only a terminal for cruise ships. It can handle simultaneously up to four vessels.
The building is in old Arabic style. Dubai Cruise Port terminal offers facilities like ATM machines, a post office, duty free, an information center, souvenir shops, internet access, currency exchange, business center and a coffee shop. Each hour, the passengers can use City Center and Mercato Mall free shuttles.
Hamdan bin Mohammed Cruise Terminal (Port Rashid)
Dubai's new cruise ship terminal Hamdan bin Mohammed is located at Port Rashid (passenger and cargo port). The complex is considered one of the world's top 5 luxury cruise ports to dock at.
The new terminal was inaugurated in 2015. It is the world’s largest covered cruise facility with daily passenger capacity of 14,000.
Yearly over half a million cruise passengers visit Dubai via Port Rashid's terminals. The complex has as facilities coffee bar, mini mart, deli (lunch restaurant), port shops (souvenirs, watches, jewelry, electronics), post office, business center, currency exchange office, ATM, concierge service (to assist day tours in Dubai City). Among the services offered at the terminal are free Internet (and Wi-Fi) and 2 free of charge shopping shuttles (1 to Mercato Mall, 1 to City Center Drive) leaving on the hour.
Port Rashid (aka Mina Rashid)
- address: "PO Box 17000. Dubai United Arab Emirates"
- phone number +971 4 301 9300
- UN-LOCODE (United Nations location code) - AEDXB
- developer/ operator - DPWorld
- supported by excellent road, metro rail and air infrastructure
- capability to accommodate 4 cruise ships at a time
- deep water berths (depth 43 ft / 13 m)
- sheltered harbor area
- access unrestricted by tides
- The terminal's area is sized 3450 m2 / 37130 ft2.
- Dubai port, along with its cruise terminal also has a cargo ship terminal (Dubai Maritime City) and dry dock facilities (Dubai Drydocks) for marine vessel refurbishments and repairs.
- The cruise port is accessible the whole year round - 24/7, 365 days a tear.
- Dubai's Port Rashid (aka Mina Rashid) is an artificially made commercial port opened in 1972. In 1978 the port was expanded to 35 berths (mostly used by container ships). The port is equipped with 9 gantry cranes (cargo capacity 1,500,000 TEUs). Here dock general cargo and RoRo vessels, cruise ships and luxury yachts.
Dubai's Ferry Terminal
All sea connections between the city and the other UAE port cities are served by Mina Rashid Ferry Terminal. It is adjacent to the cruise ship terminal. Ferries are docked at the Coastal Berth area. Dubai's Ferry Terminal (like all cruise terminals) is owned by DP World. Among the modern facilities are luggage belts, separate arrival/departure gates, security (police), UAE Customs office. The Ferry Terminal handles around 20,000 passengers per year.
Adjacent to Port Rashid are Dubai Drydocks and Dubai Maritime City. However, there's a plan all cargo ship operations to be moved to Jebel Ali Port (by March 2018) leaving Port Rashid as a cruise ships dedicated terminal. The plan aslo includes part of the port to be reclaimed by Nakheel (Dubai real estate developer) to create an urban waterfront complex housing over 200,000 residents.
Dubai tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Dubai Creek and Creekside Park: this saltwater water way is 24-hour crowded with boats sailing to and from India, Arabia and East Africa. Take a water taxi, visit Creek and its Creekside Park with cafes, mini-golf, gardens and fishing quays.
- Gold Souk: located on the north side of Dubai Creek, find the lowest prices in the world of dimanods, gold, silver, platinum and precious germs.
- Spice Souk: right next to Gold Souk. A spice market. Smell the aromatic atmosphere of flower petals, incense, medicinal herbs, spices and aromatic oils.
- Dubai Museum: located in the Al Fahidi Fort, on the Dubai Creek south coatsline. The place where you will find the history, traditions and Dubai culture and you will reveal the life in the desert.
- Mall of the Emirates: enormous shopping center with over 400 shops, one of the worlds biggest. Find almost all world brands, restaurants, galleries, a ski slope, two mosques and a cinema.
- Bastakia Quarter: located on Dubai Creek north coastline. Ancient area good for a walk.
- Burj Al Arab hotel: the only seven-star hotel, fabulous and spectacular Burj Al Arab soars the sky. If you don’t want to book a room, try the restaurants or take a look at it from the Majlis Al Bahar beach.
- Burj Khalifa: the tallest building in the world, 2,625 ft.
- Al Mamzar Beach: beautiful park with gardens, beaches, play area, picnic tables, showers, cafes and lifeguard. Special day is Wednesday – Al Mamzar Beach is reserved only for women and children.
- Jumeirah Beach Park: only a mile away from the Dubai cruise port terminal, direction South
- The Desert: 4×4 tour in the desert to visit a native village, taste a local meal and all that combined with amazing belly dance.
The Dubai cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE.
If you lose the Dubai location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Dubai cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 March, 2017
9 March, 2017
11 March, 2017
13 March, 2017
15 March, 2017
18 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
21 March, 2017
23 March, 2017
25 March, 2017
27 March, 2017
28 March, 2017
14 March, 2017
16 March, 2017
17 March, 2017
19 March, 2017
22 March, 2017
24 March, 2017
26 March, 2017
30 March, 2017
P&O Cruises will boast Dubai home port status from 2019. The Oceana cruise ship, with 10 passenger decks, 975 cabins, 850 crew and a passenger...March 11, 2017
RTA (Roads and Transport Authority) signed an exclusive contract with DP World which will have to provide taxi services to lift travellers from/to...January 17, 2017
Traditionally, well-heeled Indians would travel for leisure to destinations in South East Asia and Europe. However, during the last 18 months...January 9, 2017
The president, chairman and CEO of Crystal Cruises, Edie Rodriguez, will host the annual 2017 President’s Cruise aboard Crystal Symphony...December 14, 2016
The emirate of Dubai is turning into a major cruise tourism hub. During the current season 2016-2017 which started in October and will continue until...December 5, 2016
The United Arab Emirates' cruise ports of Abu Dhabi and Dubai revealed they are on target to welcome 500,000 and 1 million cruise passengers...November 13, 2016
Princess Cruises announced a new culinary partnership with Michelin-star chef Emmanuel Renaut , scheduled to debut onboard the newest ship of...November 5, 2016
Dubai expects a 20% increase in cruise passenger numbers this season as new vessels call on the city. DCT (Dubai Cruise Tourism) expects 157 ship...October 28, 2016
Celestyal Cruises could see a couple of new-builds join its fleet by 2021, according to Kyriakos Anastassiadis, line's CEO. The "ultimate objective...September 7, 2016
The newest addition to the fleet of Cruise & Maritime Voyages, mv Columbus (still Pacific Pearl), will make a 121-night world cruise January...August 19, 2016
- show more news