Celebrity Flora Review and Specifications
Specifications of Celebrity Flora
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop (Lobith, Holland)|
|Class||Galapagos Islands expedition ship|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Celebrity Cruises Galapagos|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||101 m / 331 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5739 gt|
|Passengers||100 - 120|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Celebrity Flora
Launched in 2019, Celebrity Flora is the newest vessel in Celebrity Cruises Galapagos fleet. It belongs to the company's small-sized "expedition cruise" ships - with fleetmates Celebrity Xpedition, Celebrity Xperience and Celebrity Xploration. After entering service in May 2019, Celebrity Flora (GT tonnage 5739 tons) will be the most innovative, newest and largest cruise ship operating in the Galápagos National Park.
History - construction & ownership
Celebrity Cruises is a cruise line founded in 1988 by the based in Greece Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with Celebrity Cruises Ltd to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL), which operates RCI, Celebrity, Azamara and Pullmantur. The signature "Χ" on the funnel of all Celebrity vessels is the Greek letter chi, standing for "Chandris". The company is headquartered in Miami, Florida. Common features of Celebrity-operated ships include aft glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, formal Atrium lobby areas, numerous balcony and suite staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, premium spas and relaxation areas.
The 100-passenger Galapagos cruise ship Celebrity Flora is the first top-luxury newbuild vessel designed for operations in the Galapagos Islands.. The ship has environmentally-friendly systems, such as anchorless technology (Dynamic Positioning) maintaining ship's position while protecting the sea floor. The ship is energy-efficient with fewer air emissions and a 15% reduction of fuel consumption due to its unique hull configuration, specially designed marine diesel engines and advanced propulsion system. The vessel converts air-conditioning condensation and sea water into fresh water, and also provides in-cabin water filtration stations for further purification.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Flora itinerary program is based on year-round, round-trip 7-day top-luxury Galapagos Islands cruises with roundtrip departures from Baltra Island (year-round). The maiden voyage was scheduled for May 26, 2019.
Next map of Galapagos Islands cruise ship itineraries shows the park's two main routes (inner loop and outer loop) and the archipelago's all island stops (ports / landing sites).
Celebrity Flora is an all-suite ship, with a total of 50 rooms that feature oversized bathrooms and actual or virtual balconies/Infinite Verandas (almost 50% of all accommodations, first introduced on Celebrity Edge) as well as personal suite attendants. The accommodations include:
- 2 Penthouse Suites - the biggest in the Galapagos (1,288 ft2 / 120 m2) with living space featuring comfortable chairs flat-screen TV, as well as a separate bedroom with king-sized bed and large, floor-to-ceiling windows. The bathroom has a spa-like shower, double vanity, toilet area plus spa tub facing a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows. The 321 ft2 (30 m2) balcony features chaise loungers and telescope for wildlife spotting or stargazing.
- 2 Royal Suites (559 ft2 / 52 m2) with a living area, separate bedroom and 129 ft2 (12 m2) balcony, with similar furnishings and layout to the Penthouse Suites.
- 1 Ultimate Sky Suite with Infinite Veranda (365 ft2 / 34 m2). The layout features coral-like glass divider separating the bathroom and bedroom into 2 distinct spaces. The bedroom has a king-sized bed that faces outward and a large flat-screen TV, while the bathroom features a glass-enclosed spa tub and shower facing the floor-to-ceiling window.
- 7 Premium Sky Suites (337 ft2 / 31 m2) with Infinite Verandas (nearly identical to the Ultimate Sky Suites).
- 16 Sky Suites (330 ft2 / 31 m2) with Infinite Verandas (nearly identical to the Ultimate Sky Suites).
- 22 Sky Suites with balconies (330 ft2 / 31 m2) feature a 75 ft2 (7 m2) balcony with lounge furniture and table, as well as a king-sized bed which faces the floor-to-ceiling windows. The bathroom has a large vanity with 2 faucets.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Celebrity Flora cruise ship is among the highest rated in the Galapagos Islands. She offers excellent service and food, intimate setting for exotic voyages, together with many of the larger ships’ amenities. Celebrity Flora cruise fares include beer, liquor, soft drinks, house wine and all gratuities and shore excursions. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the Seaside Restaurant. The alfresco Ocean Grill is a casual dining space with an option to dine under the stars. The 24-hour room service menu includes fries, hot sandwiches, drinks and part of the Restaurant dishes.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Flora restaurants and food bars.
- Seaside Restaurant (100-seat forward Dining Room; features world class cuisine, with menu reflecting ship’s Galapagos itinerary: locally grown organic fruits, vegetables, fresh fish)
- Ocean Grill (aft buffet restaurant for casual breakfast, lunch grill and burger bar. Once on every Xpedition cruise, it serves as Dining Room with fresh seafood and barbeque).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The Discovery Lounge has a stage for presentations and lectures given by naturalists accompanying guests during the voyage. The luxury onboard Celebrity Flora is impressive and the cruise company is targeting younger and well educated guests. Have your time to unwind in the spa, hot tub, sauna and sunning area on the Sun Deck. The route of the cruise ship includes the Galapagos Islands and ports visited in the past by the explorer Charles Darwin. The mega yacht is capable to visit smaller ports, something impossible to bigger cruise ships. Flora has more crew space and 1 naturalist for every 12 passengers, up from the 1:16 ratio on Celebrity Xpedition.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Flora lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Gift Shop (toiletries, clothes, lotions, sundries, logo merchandise)
- Beauty Centre (Beauty Salon for cosmetics and treatments)
- Beach Club (marine platform for launching Zodiacs and storing snorkel/diving equipment)
- Internet Cafe (Internet computers room)
- Observatory/Library (Deck 7, books and board games; with comfy chairs and tables, wrapped in floor-to-ceiling windows)
- Discovery Lounge & Bar (Deck 4, main lounge and entertainment area, with its own full bar, Wi-Fi, dance floor. The program features films, trivia games, karaoke, live piano performances, dance parties. The lounge hosts Galapagos Islands related lectures by certified naturalists and various discussions)
- Naturalist Center (Deck 3, features displays of the environmental efforts of Celebrity Cruises)
- Darwin's Cove (Deck 3, houses the Guest Relations area; also serves as the spot for cold towels, infused water and refreshments. During the day passengers will find the naturalist team here and can ask about activities or talk about Galapagos).
- Bar (indoor complimentary bar, with canopied seats for panoramic sea views; most of the drinks served are complimentary)
- Spa & Fitness area: Exercise Room (small fitness/gym with stationary bikes, walking/running treadmills, steppers, free weights)
- Massage Room; Sundeck area with the Sunset Lounge (swimming pool, hottub, sunloungers)
- 4 stick-style cabanas available for day rental and sleeping out under the stars
- Stargazing Platform (Deck 8, with telescopes for astronomy lessons)
- 3 Zodiacs (large-capacity inflatable boats), rinsing station.
Celebrity Flora wiki
- On December 15, 2017, was the ship's keel laying ceremony held at Shipyard De Hoop (near Tolkamer-Lobith, Holland). During the ceremony, a 49-ton keel block was lifted and placed in the yard's drydock facility.
- The ship was scheduled for delivery in spring 2019, entering service on May 26, 2019 (inaugural cruise date).
Celebrity Flora ship related cruise news
The ceremonial keel laying for Celebrity Cruises’ upcoming cruise ship Celebrity Flora took place on Friday, December 15, at De Hoop Shipyard...December 17, 2017
Celebrity Cruises designed a new ship for Galapagos, which is a rare newbuild in the market. At 100 passengers it is the smallest ship that parent...November 18, 2017
- show more news