Viking Neptune Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Neptune
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards|
|Year of built||2001|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 150|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Neptune
The Viking Neptune boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris, France.
Viking Neptune cruise ship
Viking Neptune, Viking Spirit and Viking Pride are sister ships which set the bar for river sailing in Europe after they were launched in 2001. The three river ships boast beautifully designed public areas and wraparound decks allowing guests to enjoy nature in the open air whenever they wish. Each of the vessels accommodates up to 150 passengers in spacious and modern staterooms. See Europe from the beautiful Sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-deg. views. Enjoy the cozy restaurant, observation bar and lounge with panoramic windows. On board ship you will find 75 outside staterooms (12 Standard and 63 Deluxe), a library and boutique. Benefit from the free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Neptune river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Neptune's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
Viking Neptune itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Neptune river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, visiting American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans walk tour, with optional tour to Versailles Palace, afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, with an optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Next are listed two exemplary itinerary routes with port dates:
- 6-day from Paris - Nov 05 (Paris, dep), Nov 06 (Vernon), Nov 07 (Rouen), Nov 08 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 09 (Les Andelys), Nov 10 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 11 (Paris)
- 5-day from Paris - Nov 12 (Paris, dep), Nov 13 (Giverny), Nov 13 (Vernon), Nov 14 (Rouen), Nov 15 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 16 (Les Andelys), Nov 16 - Nov 17 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 17 (Paris).
Viking Neptune wiki
Year built 2001
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 150 / 40
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 4,500 tons / 375 ft (114 m)
Flag State (registered in) Germany
Ship builder IHC Merwede Shipyards (Holland)
Building cost USD -
Ship owner Viking Cruises
Operator Viking River Cruises
Christened by Noreen Doyle
Official website link VikingRiverCruises.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Viking Neptune cabinsTypes/Categories (number, location), high to low