Viking Neptune Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Neptune
|Year built||2001 / Age : 16|
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards (Kinderdijk, Holland)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 150|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Noreen Doyle|
Review of Viking Neptune
The Viking Neptune boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris, France. Viking Neptune is the 2nd of all four "old design" Viking River Cruises France ships, which sisters are Viking Pride, MS Viking Spirit and Viking Europe (currently sailing as MS Bellefleur for the "TransOcean Cruises" line).
These European river ships boast beautifully designed public areas and wraparound decks allowing guests to enjoy nature in open-air whenever they wish. Each of the boats accommodates up to 150 passengers in spacious and modern staterooms. See Europe from the beautiful Sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-deg. views. Enjoy the cozy restaurant, observation bar and lounge with panoramic windows. On board ship you will find 75 outside staterooms (12 Standard and 63 Deluxe), a library and boutique. Benefit from the free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Neptune river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Neptune's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Neptune river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, visiting American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans walk tour, with optional tour to Versailles Palace, afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, with an optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Next are listed two exemplary itinerary routes with port dates:
- 6-day from Paris - Nov 05 (Paris, dep), Nov 06 (Vernon), Nov 07 (Rouen), Nov 08 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 09 (Les Andelys), Nov 10 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 11 (Paris)
- 5-day from Paris - Nov 12 (Paris, dep), Nov 13 (Giverny), Nov 13 (Vernon), Nov 14 (Rouen), Nov 15 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 16 (Les Andelys), Nov 16 - Nov 17 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 17 (Paris).
Viking Neptune wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 75 (all of which are without a balcony).
- Restaurants: Neptune (dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Neptune Atrium (lobby), Library, Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded seating relaxation/observation area).
- Viking Neptune cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all France tours/excursions and land transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Neptune boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Neptune is the 2nd vessel in a series of four Viking river cruise ships in France. The other vessels of this class are Viking Europe (now ms Bellefleur), Pride, Spirit. The new series Viking longships cruising in France includes Buri, Delling, Forseti, Heimdal, Hermod.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Creativity, Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness), Scenic (Gem) and the Viking ships Kadlin, Pride, Rinda, Rolf, Spirit.
- The Viking cruise ship Neptune was launched in 2001. It was christened by mrs Noreen Doyle - at that time first VP of the EBRD ("European Bank for Reconstruction and Development"), now retired. The 28th Viking ship’s christening ceremony was held in Mainz, Germany, on August 9.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - none
- Balcony Staterooms - none
- French Balcony Staterooms - none
- RiverView Staterooms (Picture Window) - Standard (12x E, deck1), and Deluxe - 22x A (deck3), 25x B (deck2), 8x C (deck2) and 8x D (deck2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.