41 °F / 5 °C
Passau is a Danube River cruise port located in Lower Bavaria, Germany. The town covers a total area of approx 69,58 km2 (26,86 ml2) and has a population of around 50,000 people (including over 11,000 students at the University of Passau). The town is also known as "City of Three Rivers" as Danube here is joined by the rivers Ilz (north) and Inn (south).
- Among Passau's landmarks are the St Stephen's Cathedral which has the world's 2nd biggest church pipe organ (233 registers, 17774 pipes) - after First Congregational Church's organ in Los Angeles. During summer tourist season, organ concerts at the church are held daily.
- Most Danube River cruises are operated with roundtrip itineraries between Passau and Vienna Austria. There is a cycling path going all the way down to Vienna. The city is also notable for its baroque and gothic architecture. Passau is dominated by Veste Oberhaus and former fortress of the Bishop, located on the mountain crest between Danube and Ilz rivers. Beside the town hall is Scharfrichterhaus, an important cabaret and jazz stage on which political cabaret is featured.
- An interesting fact is that during the Renaissance, Passau was among the most prolific German centres of sword and bladed weapon manufacturing (after the famous Solingen).
- On June 2, 2013, the Old Town suffered a severe flooding due to its location at the confluence of 3 rivers combined with several raining days.
- Due to town's location on the German-Austrian border, Passau has become an important migrant entry point into Germany. Economic migrants and refugees from Asia, Africa and Middle East usually enter Europe either through Greece or through the Mediterranean.
Passau cruise terminal
The follwoing photo shows the terminal / docking area where cruise ships in Passau are berthed.
Port Passau cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Passau, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|23 March, 2020|
|28 March, 2020|
- Cruise Industry
Luftner-Amadeus Cruises signed with Shipyard De Hoop BV (Lobith, Holland) a deal for the construction of a new riverboat scheduled for delivery in...January 10, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal International Asia, via collaboration with Crystal River Cruises, introduced its new river experience onboard Crystal Mozart specifically for...November 8, 2019
- show more news