Viking Skadi last position
Current itinerary of Viking Skadi
Viking Skadi current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam. Prices start from USD 4495 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 18 Jun, 2022 and ends on 02 Jul, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Jun - 19 Jun||Departing from Budapest, Hungary hotels|
|20 Jun - 21 Jun||Vienna, Wien, Austria|
|22 Jun||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|22 Jun||Melk, Austria|
|23 Jun||Passau, Germany Bavaria|
|24 Jun||Regensburg, Germany Bavaria|
|25 Jun||Main-Danube Canal, Germany Bavaria|
|25 Jun||Nuremberg, Nurnberg, Germany Bavaria|
|26 Jun||Bamberg, Germany Bavaria|
|27 Jun||Wurzburg, Germany Bavaria|
|28 Jun||Wertheim am Main, Germany Baden-Wurttemberg|
|29 Jun||Koblenz, Germany Rhineland-Palatinate|
|30 Jun||Cologne, Koln, Germany North Rhine-Westphalia|
|01 Jul||Kinderdijk, Netherlands South Holland|
|02 Jul||Arriving in Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland hotels|
Specifications of Viking Skadi
|Year built||2013 / Age: 9|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Countess Fiona of Carnarvon|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
Viking Skadi Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 May 21||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4495|
|2022 Jun 18||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4495|
|2022 Jul 16||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4095|
|2022 Jul 30||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4095|
|2023 Mar 18||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2445|
|2023 Mar 25||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2195|
|2023 Apr 01||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$1595|
|2023 Apr 08||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3545|
|2023 Apr 22||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3545|
|2023 May 06||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 May 20||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3645|
|2023 Jun 03||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 Jun 17||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3645|
|2023 Jul 01||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3245|
|2023 Jul 15||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3245|
|2023 Jul 29||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3245|
|2023 Aug 12||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3245|
|2023 Aug 26||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3245|
|2023 Sep 09||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest|
|2023 Sep 23||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3645|
|2023 Oct 07||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3245|
|2023 Oct 21||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3545|
|2023 Nov 04||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3045|
|2023 Nov 18||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3145|
|2023 Dec 02||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$2945|
|2023 Dec 16||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$2945|
Viking Skadi Review
Review of Viking Skadi
Longship Viking Skadi boat cruises on Danube, Rhine and Main rivers in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, France, Switzerland, Belgium. The ship is departing from homeports Amsterdam, Basel, Budapest and Passau. This Viking longship is named after Skadi - in Norse mythology a Jotnar giantess who became the goddess of mountains and winter (associated with skiing), wife first to Njord and later to Odin.
Viking Skadi has a total of 95 cabins (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window) in 8 grades. Viking Skadi longship offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and a French balcony in the bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms. Viking Skadi carries 190 passengers who benefit from the comfortable amenities like flat-panel 40-inch Sony TVs and in-room refrigerators.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Viking "green" ships feature solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of the ship, an ideal spot for relaxing, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views. Viking Skadi dining options include Skadi Restaurant (dining room) and Aquavit Terrace (al fresco). Other facilities include an Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), Sky Bar, putting green, a walking track, shuffleboard. The Skadi longship doesn't have a gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
Viking Skadi cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
Viking Skadi river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative of Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Skadi cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Skadi river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "DANUBE WALTZ" are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary) and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Passau disembarkation includes a bus transfer from Passau to Munich, with optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer Munich to Passau.
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals offer 5 countries to visit, with 13 complimentary tours/excursions included. the Alsvin ship departs from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day and ends in Amsterdam (with an optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers an optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "TULIPS and WINDMILLS" are 9-days Springtime themed Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip), with 8 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Amsterdam, the sailing part starts on the second day. The itinerary features an Amsterdam canal cruise on a glass-domed boat and evening departure (on Day 2), cruising on lake IJsselmeer/Zuiderzee, visiting the Paleis Het Loo gardens (from Arnhem), Kinderdijk (windmills network), Antwerp (on river Scheldt in Belgium), Ghent (bus transfer to Bruges), bus travel in the Walcheren region (southwest Holland, stopping in Veere), Holland Delta Works cruise (Dutch system of numerous dams, locks, dykes, storm barriers, all protecting the Holland's Rhine-Meuse-Scheldt area from flooding; embarkation again in Bruinisse /Zeeland), Rotterdam (bus travel to Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse - world's 2nd largest floral garden after the Dubai's Miracle Garden), Amsterdam overnight dock.
Viking Skadi - user reviews and comments
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Skadi Wiki
To/from Viking Skadi boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
Viking Skadi is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Skadi represents the line's latest Longship-class riverboat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
Vessel's powerplant consists of two main Caterpillar marine diesel engines (model CAT32-ACERT / total power output 2 MW). These are V12 (V engine with 12 cylinders and 12 pistons driving a crankshaft). The propulsion system is based on two Caterpillar marine propulsion engines (model CAT18-ACERT) with combined output 1 MW.
The riverboat's godmother is Countess Fiona Carnarvon - born as Fiona Aitken, she married the Earl of Carnarvon in 1999, and she's most famous with her blogger-type website "Lady Carnarvon" about the everyday life in their open for touring Highclere Castle in Newbury (Berkshire, England). The ship’s christening ceremony was held in Amsterdam, Holland, setting a Guinness World Record for "Most Ships Inaugurated in One Day by One Company". On March 20, 2013, Skadi was inaugurated together with the Viking longships Aegir, Atla, Bragi, Embla, Forseti, Jarl, Rinda, Tor and Var. Four of the longships were present in Amsterdam, while the other six attended the ceremony via live satellite video link from the Neptun Werft's shipbuilding yard in Rostock, Germany.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Viking Skadi User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review