Cruise Olympia ferry current position
Cruise Olympia ferry current location is at Adriatic Sea (coordinates 41.77995 N / 16.70981 E) cruising at speed of 26.3 kn (49 kph/ 30 mph) en route to GRIGO>ITAOI. The AIS position was reported 10 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Cruise Olympia ferry
|Year built||2010 / Age: 11|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Castellammare di Stabia / Naples, Italy)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Patras-Igoumentisa-Ancona-Trieste|
|Speed||28 kn / 52 kph / 32 mph|
|Length (LOA)||225 m / 738 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||54310 gt|
|Sister-ships||Cruise Europa, Cruise Roma, Cruise Barcelona|
|Christened by||Maria Consuelo Fuduli Grimaldi|
Cruise Olympia ferry Review
Review of Cruise Olympia ferry
MS Cruise Olympia ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Greek company MINOAN LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 2850 passengers and 963 cars (or 610 cars and 180 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 2010 and currently operates on the Greece-Italy ferry route Patras-Igoumenitsa-Ancona-Trieste (crossing time 29,5 hours, 22 hours to Ancona).
Unlike most ferries, Cruise Olympia is also classed "cruise ship" and provides 3- and 4-day Adriatic cruise deals with roundtrip departures from both Greece and Italy. Prices are inclusive of stateroom and buffet dining (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Suite passengers enjoy the complimentary gym and discounted daily Spa pass.
As cruise ferry, Cruise Olympia has 413 cabins (of which 68 suites) with a total of 1257 beds. Staterooms are single-occupancy (1-bed), 2-, 3- and 4-berth in several categories (inside and outside). Room service is offered for all Owner Suites, Junior Suites, Deluxe, and 2-Bedroom Outside cabins. Suite passengers receive as bonus amenities free entry to the wellness center (fitness and wet area) and complimentary Breakfast (also in-cabin / upon request).
All staterooms are air-conditioned, soundproof, with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/wash basin, hairdryer), lower and upper bunk beds (wall-mounted), bedside table/cabinet with stool or chair, mirrored vanity (small writing table with chair or stool), flat TV, phone, wall-mounted reading lamps. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
The boat additionally offers a total of 548 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats in reserved seating lounges) available for pre-booking. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). The ship also has 4-bed "Pet cabins" (for passengers traveling with pets) featuring linoleum flooring.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Cruise Olympia ship offers:
- (Lobby Deck) ATM/cash machine is located next to the Reception (Information Desk). Onboard Wi-Fi service is paid. WiFi packages can be purchased online (upon ferry bookings) or on the ship (at the Reception).
- The ship also has Disco (glass-dome covered nightclub), Casino (fully-equipped with gaming tables and slot machines), Video Games Room (arcade machines), Internet Cafe, VIP Room (private parties),
- bars (indoor and outdoor) and restaurants (fast food, self-service buffet, a la carte priced)
- Children's Room is a kids-dedicated indoor playground equipped with a large flat TV (for watching cartoons), bean bags, small tables with chairs, toys, games, indoor playhouse, supervised activities.
- There are two Reserved Seating Lounges (Economy-Class, Club-Class) fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining armchairs) and large flat TVs. There are also two Truck Driver lounges (exclusive restaurant and bar lounge).
- Wellness Center consists of Spa Reception, Spa Lounge, saunas, locker rooms, steam room (Turkish bath), round-shaped jacuzzi pool, relaxation area (with loungers), 2 massage rooms, facial lamps, solar showers, shop (for beauty products), outdoor sundeck area (with loungers and low tables), Beauty Parlor (Salon), Fitness (large gym with latest Technogym equipment). Wellness Center can be visited only by adults and teenagers (14 to 18 years old) accompanied by adults.
- Shopping Centre has several boutiques / retail shops and Mini-Market selling at discount prices alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, electronics and gadgets, music CDs, special occasion gifts and souvenirs.
- Conference Center (capacity 300 seats) can be rented for any kind of group and business meetings (conferences, seminars, lectures, exclusive events). The facility is fully-equipped, spacious, furnished with comfortable, anatomical seats. Technical support and specialized services are provided. The audiovisual system comprises of two 43-inch TVs, one 62-inch TV, DVD player, 4 microphones (1 wireless), 1 computer, 100 wireless headphones. BOSE audio system, simultaneous translation (language interpretation) equipment.
- The Sun Deck has Solarium area with a heated swimming pool (open only during summer months), sunbathing area (sun loungers, deckchairs), outdoor seating (small tables and chairs). It is served by an outdoor pool bar (fast food, snacks, cocktails, beer, soft drinks). As highspeed ferry, the ship's sundeck area is protected from winds by transparent glass walls.
- The Navigation Bridge is located forward. The red-painted funnel is midship. The aft-located helipad is a helicopter landing pad used in cases of medical emergency.
- The ship provides free Wi-Fi Internet.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Minoan Lines ferry deals
The company currently offers the following discounts:
- 50% discount for NAT pensioners (spouses, domestic routes, applies for all cabin classes but LUX), plus a 20% discount to motorbikes and cars (same itinerary).
- 30% discount for Unemployment Cardholders! (domestic routes, offered for all cabin classes but LUX) plus 20% discount to motorbikes and cars (same itinerary). Unemployment cards and ID cards are required upon boarding.
- 50% discount for kids 4-16 yo. The offer applies for all cabin classes but on international routes (Greece-Italy) only. When a cabin is booked, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- 50% military discount (for Greek army conscripts) on domestic routes only. Military ID is required. The discount doesn't apply for permanent military staff.
- 50% ticket discount for war invalids/victims and their companions. It applies for all cabin classes (except LUX) and for their cars (must have special number plates).
- 50% ticket discount for passengers with disabilities over 80% (certification document is required, applies for all cabin classes except LUX). Also, a 50% ticket discount is offered for the companion (all cabin classes but LUX). The 50% discount also applies for cars with disability number plates (if the owner travels with it).
- 30% discount for families with 3 children (applies for all cabin classes except LUX), plus a 20% discount for bicycles and cars. This discount applies for children up to 25 yo. A family status certificate is required.
- Discount for large families (domestic routes only): 50% for VIP and DECK reclining seats, 30% for all cabin classes (except LUX), 20% for bikes and cars.
- Discount for kids up to 4 yo - kids travel for free (economy-class seats) and at 50% rate (cabin / all classes).
- In 4-bed cabins, 1 passenger travels for free (domestic routes only, 2 of 4 tickets must be full fare / without discount).
- 30% ticket discount for the Greece route on combined International+Domestic routes (Greece plus Italy). Tickets for both routes must be issued simultaneously.
- 30% ticket discount on return legs (domestic routes only, valid for passenger plus vehicle tickets).
- Cabin discounts for University Students (domestic routes only): 50% for VIP and DECK reclining seats, 50% for all cabin classes (except LUX), 20% for bicycles and cars. Student IDs are required.
- Discounts for ISIC Student Card holders (on both international and domestic routes): 50% on tickets with DECK and VIP seats plus 20% for cars or motorcycles (Greece routes), 20% on tickets with all cabin classes (except LUX) and cars or bicycles (Italy).
- One-way and roundtrip discounted "cabin plus car" package pricing.
- Roundtrip "cabin and car" discounted deals.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 7, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Minoan Lines (founded in 1972, headquartered in Heraklion, Crete Greece) is a Greek ferry company (part of Grimaldi Group) operating on the shipping routes between Crete and Piraeus (mainland Greece), as well as in the Adriatic Sea (between Patras and ports in Italy). Minoan Lines current fleet includes the ships Festos Palace and Knossos Palace (sister-ship). Minoan also operates under the charter the GRIMALDI LINE's ferries Cruise Olympia and Cruise Europa. The Minoan ships Olympia Palace and Europa Palace are currently chartered to TIRRENIA.
Cruise Olympia ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Cruise Olympia ferryAdd Photo
Other MINOAN LINES cruise ships
Cruise Olympia ferry Wiki
The ship's christening ceremony was held in Trieste on March 14, 2010. The naming ceremony was led by godmother Iliana Grimaldi (wife of Emanuele Grimaldi, MINOAN LINES' Chairman). The ceremony was attended by Emanuele Grimaldi and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO).
Cruise Olympia (and the sisterships Cruise Europa, Cruise Roma, Cruise Barcelona) are the largest Mediterranean ferries. Each vessel is powered by four Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 12V46D) and generates total power output 55,44 MW.
Cruise Olympia ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review