MS Douro Serenity Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Douro Serenity
|Year built||2017 / Age : 2|
|Builder||West Sea shipyard (Viana do Castelo, Portugal)|
|Class||Douro river cruiser|
|Ferry route / homeports||Oporto (Portugal)|
|Operator||Riviera Travel via Douro Azul|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||80 m / 262 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Douro Splendour, Douro Elegance|
Current itinerary / position of MS Douro Serenity
MS Douro Serenity current cruise is 10 days, round-trip Lisbon with Douro Discovery. Prices start from USD 3095 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 10 Sep, 2019 and ends on 20 Sep, 2019.All Itineraries Current Position
|Date / Time||Port|
|13 Sep||Departing from Porto-Leixoes, Portugal hotels|
|14 Sep||Pinhao, Portugal|
|15 Sep||Vega de Terron, Salamanca, Spain|
|16 Sep||Vega de Terron, Salamanca, Spain|
|16 Sep||Barca d'Alva, Portugal|
|17 Sep||Lamego, Portugal|
|17 Sep||Regua, Portugal|
|18 Sep||Regua, Portugal|
|18 Sep||Entre-os-Rios, Portugal|
|19 Sep - 20 Sep||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal(Overnight)|
|20 Sep||Arriving in Porto-Leixoes, Portugal hotels|
Review of MS Douro Serenity
MS Douro Serenity cruise ship is a new-design, top-luxury riverboat inaugurated in 2017 (together with Douro Elegance (2017) and Douro Splendour (2018). Douro Serenity cruises on River Douro, with roundtrip 8-day itineraries leaving from Oporto to ports in Portugal and Spain. The ship is owned by the Portuguese travel company Douro Azul and exclusively chartered by the UK travel company Riviera Travel.
The ship offers top-class hotel amenities and facilities designed to ensure the best river travel vacation experiences in Portugal's Douro Valley wine region. The cosy Bar Lounge is stocked with fine wines and premium spirits. The Lounge has a small bow terrace with open-air seating. Dining Room Restaurant is operated with single open-sitting. Both the Lounge and the Restaurant are fore-located and floor-ceiling windows. The ship also features spacious wellness centre (spa and fitness), Boutique Gift Shop, top-deck located large outdoor swimming pool, roof-covered outdoor lounge (with solar panels).
On Main Deck is located the Restaurant, which is with open-seating dining arrangement and table capacity 4 to 8 people. Cold and hot buffet Breakfast additionally offers an omelette station. During the buffet Lunch is always available simpler menu with light food items. Dinners are 4-course and waiter-served. Passengers may also have an early Breakfast (hosted in the bar lounge), along with light Lunch options - offered at the lounge and also on the outdoor Sun Deck (al fresco dining).
The onboard Spa is located on Main Deck. Special spa treatments can be booked in advance. A spacious Fitness Room is located on Lower Deck. A most prominent feature on Douro River cruise ship, Douro Serenity has a top-deck swimming pool (outdoor) and large sunbathing area with premium loungers. The relaxing riverside scenery of Douro Valley provides unique sights to enjoy during your Portugal-themed vacation.
All cabin decks are fully air-conditioned and connected via lift and wide staircase. Sun Deck is accessed only via stairs.
Most Douro Serenity staterooms are sized 15 m2 (160 ft2), which is the standard size for French balcony cabins on 5-star riverboats in Europe. All cabins as amenities offer polished hardwood entry door, polished wooden furniture with fine fabrics, hotel beds (2 twins convertible to double), individual premium bedding, en-suite marble bathroom, (glass shower, WC, single sink vanity, fluffy towels, premium brand toiletries), individually controlled air-conditioning, wall-mounted flat HDTV (satellite reception), hairdryer, wardrobe, mirrored dressing table with chair, electronic safe (in the closet), phone, tea-coffee making facility, power outlets (2-prong, 220V / UK and Canada-USA passengers will need an adapter or converter).
- Lower Deck cabins are designed for single travellers. They are smaller (14 m2 / 150 ft2), with one fixed / non-opening window (quarter-height, located close to the ceiling). These are "single cabins" and can be booked with no single supplement. Riviera Travel charges a 100% supplement for all other staterooms.
- Standard category rooms are French Balcony cabins sized 15 m2 (160 ft2). They feature an electronically controlled sliding window - lowering horizontally and opening to a railing (false balcony). This allows an unobstructed view of the passing riverside scenery along the cruise itinerary route. Alongside the sliding window, the room has a table and 2 chairs (for in-cabin dining).
- Superior Suites (on Upper Deck) are sized 22 m2 (235 ft2) and feature a large living area, floor-ceiling windows, step-out balcony, separate French balcony (sitting area with table and 2 chairs).
- Deluxe Suites (aft on Upper Deck) are sized 30 m2 (325 ft2) and feature a larger living area, 2 floor-ceiling windows, step-out balcony, French balcony (sitting area with table and 2 chairs), walk-in closet, bedroom (2 floor-ceiling windows).
Riviera Travel river cruise deals are inclusive of:
- 5-star stateroom
- roundtrip flights (UK-Portugal-UK) and ship transfers (oneway flight time 2 hours 40 mins)
- land tours
- onboard dining (from departure day dinner to final day breakfast)
- special events (Welcome Dinner)
- 24-hour complimentary Coffee Station
- complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access
- port charges, airport taxes
- checked luggage
Riviera Travel Douro cruise tour itinerary features:
- 7-nights Douro Valley cruising, featuring as itinerary highlights unique scenery, medieval hilltop villages and towns, rolling hills with terraced vineyards, passing river locks, visiting Salamanca Spain.
- Riviera Travel cruise tour itinerary visits Vila Nova de Gaia, Entre-os-Rios, Regua (Mateus Palace, Castelo de Lamego), Pinhao, Vega de Terron (Castelo Rodrigo, bus travel to Salamanca), return to Barca de Alva, and on the reverse route back to Oporto.
- included guided Porto City tour (with an included visit to Port Wine cellars)
- included a full-day excursion to Salamanca (with included guided city tour and Flamenco show)
- included tours to Castelo Rodrigo and Mateus Palace and gardens
- included guided visit to Lamego and Our Lady of the Remedies church (in Lamego)
- included tour and dinner at Portuguese Quinta (farmhouse)
- onboard entertainment (traditional flamenco music and dance performance on the ship)
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Douro Serenity - user reviews and comments
Other Riviera Travel cruise ships
MS Douro Serenity Itineraries
The below listed MS Douro Serenity cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest River Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Sep 10||10 days, round-trip Lisbon with Douro Discovery||Porto-Leixoes||$3095|
|2019 Sep 10||7 days, round-trip Douro Discovery||Porto-Leixoes||$2295|
MS Douro Serenity User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review