Mazovia ferry current position
Mazovia ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 55.42466 N / 13.82950 E) cruising en route to SWINOUJSCIE<=>YSTAD. The AIS position was reported 16 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Mazovia ferry
|Year built||1996 / Age: 24|
|Builder||Perkapalan Kodja Bahari (PT Pelita Bahari, Jakarta Indonesia)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Swinoujscie-Ystad|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||168 m / 551 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||29940 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||Euroferry Brindisi, Finnarrow, Gotland|
|Christened by||Marianne Nilsson|
Mazovia ferry Review
Review of Mazovia ferry
MS Mazovia ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Polish company POLFERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 1000 passengers and 600 cars or 140 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 1996 and currently operates on the Poland-Sweden ferry route Swinoujscie-Ystad (crossing time 6 hours).
As cruise ferry, Mazovia has a total of 506 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, WC, shower). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
- One stateroom is wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers and people with reduced mobility). The ship also offers 4 "pet-friendly" cabins.
- Passenger cabins (all located on decks 7 and 9) are inside and outside, in the economy and luxury class.
- Luxury cabins are with double occupancy, lower fixed beds, double sofa, writing table with chair, closet, wall-mounted reading lamps, flat TV, phone.
- The ship additionally has reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking in Reserved Seating Lounge.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Mazovia ship offers:
- (Deck 7) Lobby area (Reception, luggage lockers), Sick-bay (Infirmary / Doctor's Office)
- (Deck 8) Cafeteria / Buffet Restaurant (self-service)
- (Deck 8) Gaming area with slot machines
- (Deck 8) Kids Zone is a Children's Playroom (indoor playground) with large TV and panoramic windows. The supervised kids' activities include organized art-craft competitions with prizes.
- (Deck 8) Duty-Free Shop is a retail selling alcohol (liquors, beers, wines), tobaccos, perfumes and cosmetics, sunglasses, watches, jewelry, designer clothes, and accessories (by the brands Levi's, Wrangler, Gatta, Wolbar, Cornette), electronics and gadgets, toys, confectionery, gifts, and souvenirs.
- (Deck 9) Cafe / Coffee Bar
- (Deck 9) Casino (gaming lounge with Black Jack table and slot machines
- (Deck 9) Reserved Seating Lounge has reclining / Pullman seats.
- (Deck 9) Navigation Bridge
- Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 7)
- (Deck 10) Sun Deck is an outdoor area that doubles as Helideck (helipad) - helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency. Aft on sundeck 8 there is a toilet for dogs.
- One passenger lift connects decks 7-8-9.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Garage decks (for cars and trucks) are decks 3-4-5. They are connected via 3 ramps - 1 bow, 1 stern and 1 tiltable.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Polferries (founded in 1976, headquartered in Kolobrzeg, Poland) is Poland's largest ferry shipping company with Baltic Sea lines connecting Poland with Sweden. Polferries current fleet includes the ships Baltivia, Cracovia, Mazovia, Nova Star, Wawel.
Mazovia ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mazovia ferryAdd Photo
Other POLFERRIES cruise ships
Mazovia ferry Wiki
The vessel was built as "MS Gotland" for the Swedish company "Rederi Ab Gotland". It was launched on September 28, 1992, at PT Dok Kodja Bahari shipyard (Jakarta Indonesia). initially was planned the new ship to be chartered to TT-LINE for the Germany-Sweden service Travemunde-Trelleborg. Due to construction delays, the ship was delivered and christened on April 19, 1996, by godmother Marianne Nilsson (Swedish actress). Then the vessel was transferred to Rederi AB Gotland.
In 1997, the ship was independently chartered for services between Goteborg-Ghent (Sweden-Belgium), Oxelosund-St Petersburg (Sweden-Russia) and Turku-Stockholm (Finland-Sweden). On December 17, 1997, the ferry was purchased by FINNLINES, renamed "MS Finnarrow" and on December 31 deployed on the Finland-Germany route Helsinki-Travemunde. On July 2, 1998, Finnarrow started operations on the Finland-Sweden route Naantali-Kapellskar (operated until December 2005).
In January 2006, Finnarrow started the Travemunde-Malmo line. In March-May 2007, the ship was chartered by Scandlines for the Germany-Latvia line Rostock-Ventspils. Then STENA LINE chartered the ship for the Poland-Sweden route Gdansk-Karlskrona (until 2011). On December 4, 2007, the vessel was purchased by the newly established company "RoPax IV Arrow AB". In 2011-2013, the ship was chartered by FINNLINES, and in 2013-2014 - by GRIMALDI LINES.
In 2014, MS Finnarrow was purchased by POLFERRIES. During the following drydock at Szczecin Shipyard, the vessel was completely reconstructed, with added new passenger staterooms (total cabin capacity 506 passengers) and new public areas added on upper decks. The current service Swinoujscie-Ystad was started on June 15, 2015.
The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila-Sulzer marine diesel engines (model 6ZA40S) with combined power output 18 MW.
Mazovia ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review