Moby Vincent ferry
Former names: St Brendan, Stena Normandica
MOBY LINES (Ferries)
Moby Vincent ferry current position
Moby Vincent ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 43.55476 N / 10.30142 E) cruising en route to Livorno. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Moby Vincent ferry
|Year of build||1974 / Age: 49|
|Builder||Bertram Rickmers Werft (Bremerhaven, Germany)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Livorno-Bastia Corsica|
|Engines (power)||MAK-Caterpillar (10.4 MW / 13947 hp)|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 km/h / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||128 m / 420 ft|
|Beam (width)||22 m / 72 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||12187 gt|
|Sister-ships||Al Mansour (Stena Nordica), Corsica Marina Seconda (Stena Nautica), Sardinia Vera (Stena Atlantica)|
|Former names||St Brendan, Stena Normandica|
|Owner||Onorato Armatori SpA|
Moby Vincent ferry Review
Review of Moby Vincent ferry
MS Moby Vincent ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 1450 passengers and 420 cars. The vessel was launched in 1975 and currently operates on the Mediterranean (Italy - Corsica France) ferry route Livorno-Bastia (crossing time 4,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Moby Vincent has air-conditioned cabins, each with en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, hairdryer). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
Moby Vincent staterooms are in the following categories:
- Outside Twin (C2E, C2EN, C2EG) 2-berth, porthole window
- Inside Quad (C4, C4G, C4N) 4-berth, no windows
- Outside Quad (C4E, C4EG, C4EN) 4-berth, porthole window
- Moby Lines staterooms categories C2G, C2EG, C4G, and C4EG are "Pet Cabins" floored with linoleum.
- Disabled cabins are not available for online booking (call Moby Lines +49 (0) 611 14020).
The Seating Lounge is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining armchairs). Reserved seats are available for booking both online and onboard (at the ship's Reception Desk / subject to availability).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 1 hour prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Moby Vincent ship (classed as "Cruise Ferry") offers:
- Accommodation options - cabins, Seating Lounge (standard coach seats and reserved leather recliners).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (buffet-style restaurant, kids menu), Cafeteria (self-service Snack Bar/patisserie/coffee shop/fast food/pizza/drinks), Gelateria (Ice-Cream Shop), Panoramic Bar Lounge, Lido Bar (serving the sundeck area).
- Onboard food is prepared with locally-sourced products. The cuisine is the traditional Mediterranean. Buffet restaurant's menu always has several freshly cooked dishes.
- Video Games Room is a teen lounge with arcade machines.
- Children's World is a kids playroom equipped with toys, games, indoor climbers, full-size boat.
- Moby Shopping Center is a combined boutique and general store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, clothing, sportswear, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, magazines.
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
- The ship has 2-level Sun Deck (solarium / outdoor area) served by Lido Bar (drinks and snacks). On Sun Deck's upper level are located the ship's Navigation Bridge (forward) with adjacent officers quarters.
The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Moby Lines (fleet, 1959-founded, headquartered in Milano Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia.
Moby Vincent ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Moby Vincent ferryAdd Photo
Other MOBY LINES cruise ships
Moby Vincent ferry Wiki
The ship entered service in December 1974 under the name "Stena Normandica" for ENTMV (Algerie Ferries). Until January 1975, it served the route Algiers-Alicante-Marseille. The vessel was constructed by Bertram Rickmers Werft (in Bremerhaven, Germany), under hull/yard number 380. The powerplant is based on MAK marine diesel engines (model 12M551AK) with total power output 10,4 MW.
Between 1975-1985, the ship operated freight ferry services on the routes Goteborg-Kiel (Sweden-Germany) and Goteborg-Frederikshavn (Sweden-Denmark). The vessel was often chartered to other companies - North Sea Ferries (UK-Holland routes Rotterdam-Hull, Rotterdam-Ipswich), Normandy Ferries UK-France route (Southampton-Le Havre), also to Sealink British Ferries and Stena.
In April 1985, the ship was sold to Sealink, renamed "St Brendan" and put on Wales-Ireland service (route Fishguard-Rosslare). In October 1989, the ship was sold to Moby Lines, renamed "Moby Vincent " and in March 1990 started service on the route Livorno-Bastia Corsica.
In June-October 1993 was chartered by Silja Line (as "Wasa Sun") on the Umea-Vaasa route. In June-August 1997 was chartered by COMANAV on the Tangier-Algeciras route. In 1998 operated the route Genoa-Bastia. In 2000 operated the route Civitavecchia-Olbia Sardinia.
In 2012, the ship was chartered to transport African migrants from Lampedusa Island (Europe's primary entry point for African migrants) to Civitavecchia (Rome) and Livorno. In 2014, the ship served the route Civitavecchia-Olbia-Livorno, temporarily replacing the fleet mate Moby Aki. Aki suffered an engine failure and was in Genoa for repairs.