Sorolla ferry current position
Sorolla ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 40.32787 N / 1.99251 E) cruising at speed of 21.8 kn (40 kph/ 25 mph) en route to Ibiza. The AIS position was reported 5 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Sorolla ferry
|Year built||2001 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Barreras Shipyard (Vigo, Spain)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Melilla-Almeria-(Malaga)|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||172 m / 564 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26916 gt|
Sorolla ferry Review
Review of Sorolla ferry
MV Sorolla ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Spanish company TRASMEDITERRANEA. The ship has a max capacity of 1250 passengers and 330 cars. The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the Spain-Africa (Spanish Morocco) ferry routes Almeria-Melilla and Malaga-Melilla (crossing time 3,5 hours and 5,5 hours, respectively).
As cruise ferry, Sorolla has a total of 744 berths in 2-, 3- or 4-bed categories (inside and outside). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passengers with reduced mobility always board the ship first. Disabled passengers traveling with their own vehicles disembark the ship last. All Trasmediterranea ships have reserved seats adapted to passengers with reduced mobility and for visually-impaired people. All ships also have common bathrooms adapted for passengers with reduced mobility.
For no-cabin passengers with reserved seats, the ship provides a dedicated luggage room that remains locked during the voyage. Luggage limit is 40 kg (on the bridge) and 30 kg (on the seats).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Sorolla ship offers:
- A la carte Restaurant (serving Mediterranean menu) offers fresh-made dishes prepared with locally sourced produce. The restaurant has its own wine cellar with a large selection of premium wines. Among the offered dishes are Iberian ham, fresh salads, crawfish croquettes, meats, seafood, paella (rice dish) and homemade desserts.
- Buffet restaurant (self-service) offers hot and cold dishes, salads station, rice dishes, pasta, tapas, omelets, soups and stews, meats, seafood. Here are also served hot and cold drinks, beers and wines by the glass. There is a separate Children's Menu, as well as several vegetarian and healthy food options. The ferry company's signature food plus drinks offers are named "Combo Grumete" (spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, soda) and "Combo Neptuno" (hamburger, French fries, soda).
- The Cafe is the ship's self-service Cafeteria (patisserie/coffee shop) offering sandwiches, cakes, pastries, pizzas, light snacks (appetizers, paninis), premium chocolates, homemade ice-cream, fresh-made fruit juices, beverages (coffees, teas, liqueurs, hot and cold drinks).
- On all Trasmediterranea ships is offered gluten-free and typical Moroccan food prepared with halal products (vegetable tagine, lamb, chicken, fish).
- Many onboard services (including dining) and packages are available for purchase upon booking your Trasmediterranea ferry ticket.
- Boutiques are the ship's duty-free shops selling at discount prices perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, kids products (including games, toys, coloring books), confectionery, clothing, fashion accessories, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), travel essentials, gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos. Shopping promotions are offered regularly. On all ferry routes between Spain-Canaries, Spain-Morocco the shops sell at duty-free prices tobaccos, alcohol, and perfumes. For more information and current shopping promotions, check out the company's Azul Marino magazine. Trasmediterranea ship shops also offer exclusive Kukuxumusu products
- Kids Play Area (indoor supervised playground, ball pool, catering and childcare services, changing room, nursery). During peak season (June through September), the ship provides themed activities and workshops for children (group games, arts, and crafts, Pirate Day, afternoon MiniDisco with clowns, themed parties).
- On Sun Deck are located Solarium (outdoor relaxation area with sun loungers), jogging track, helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency), swimming pool and Jacuzzi (summer months only), outdoor Bar Terrace, pets area (air-conditioned room, kennels/booths for dogs and walking area). Passengers are allowed to visit their pets during the crossing. For taking dogs for a deck walk passengers must request permission from the ship staff.
- Disco Bar (serving a variety of drinks)
- Video Games Room (arcade machines, XBOX consoles)
- Reading Room, Card Room, Fitness (free of charge gym room), Sauna
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception)
The ship has two large-capacity seating lounges (Economy Class and Club Class) fitted with reclining Pullman seats (comfortable armchairs) and large TVs. Club Class passengers are provided with snacks and drinks service.
All public decks are connected via elevators (passenger lifts) and all decks - via staircases.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on all TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Trasmediterranea ferry deals
For foot passengers, the boarding time limit is 30 min prior to departure (15 min on fast ferries). For car passengers, the boarding limit is 1 hour prior to departure. Once the time limit has elapsed, the boarding is closed and neither cars or foot passengers are admitted to board the ship. On the Spain-Canaries routes, due to customs, all passengers must arrive at the ferry terminal at least 2 hours before boarding.
Boarding cards can be issued on-line (upon booking) or from self-serve check-in machines at the ferry terminals, All passengers (including babies and pets) must have individual boarding cards with names. Lost boarding cards will be duplicated free of charge.
To enter Morocco, all ferry passengers must show valid ID cards and passports (and visas / for citizens of some countries). All personal documents must be valid during the stay in Morocco.
Pregnant women must sign an "Information document for pregnant travelers". Women pregnant over 36 weeks are not allowed to travel on Trasmediterranea ships. Babies (0-2 yo) always travel free but without occupying a lounge seat. Kids under 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Kids ages 2-13 (inclusive travel at 50% discount rate.
Trasmediterranea ferry deals offer the following discounts:
- 100% discount for babies 0-2 yo (travel free / must be stated upon booking). Babies are not entitled to a seat.
- 50% discount for kids ages 2-13 yo
- 50% residents' discount (applied to ticket prices)
- 40% or 50% military discount (depending on the agreement signed with army corps)
- 20% large family discount
- 50% large family with special needs discount
- 100% discount for small pets in pet carriers (travel free of charge)
Trasmediterranea also offers combined ferry+bus package deals (with discounted pricing) on all served routes.
Pets on the ship
Pets (birds, cats, dogs, and inoffensive animals) are allowed to board the ship with car and foot passengers. Pets are not allowed on any of the passenger decks. Car passengers can leave their pets in their vehicles or in the ship's kennels. Foot passengers must transport their pets to and from the ship in pet cage (or another carrier/ not exceeding 50x40x25 cm). The animals must remain in the carrier for the duration of the trip. Large dogs (too big to get in that cage) must be leashed and muzzled.
Boarding cards for pets are required. Upon booking must be indicated what the animal will travel in (cage or pet carrier). Pet ferry rates and accommodation vary by route. Valid healthcare card (with vaccines and deworming calendar) is required.
On Trasmediterranea ships. pets travel at a fee in the ship's cages (deck kennels) or free of charge (in pet carriers). The onboard kennels are built with materials preventing the presence of parasites. They are also meticulously cleaned and disinfected before every voyage. All Trasmediterranea ferries provide the first-aid kit for pets and 24-hour animal hotline service. Passengers' own pet carriers must be appropriate, with a waterproof bottom and always covered.
Guide and assistance dogs accompanying people with disabilities have free access to all the ship's passenger facilities and travel free of charge. They must have a veterinarian ID card and properly muzzled and leashes. Such dogs must always carry an official tag.
Car passengers are allowed to travel without any baggage limits. All boarding vehicles must have valid documents and insurance. The deadline for vehicle boarding is 1 hour prior to departure. Once that time has passed, the ferry company can't guarantee the boarding. The luggage can stay inside the vehicle. However, during the crossing, car decks/garage remain closed. Car shipping ferry rates vary depending on routes and length measurements.
Trasmediterranea ships provide free-of-charge service for carrying bicycles, surfboards, and sea kayaks. They are carried in the ship's garage, being properly tied up.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Trasmediterranea (fleet, 1916-founded, headquartered in Madrid Spain, part of Acciona Group) is a Spanish ferry company operating passengers and cargo ferries between mainland Spain and Canary Islands, Balearic Islands and northern Africa (Morocco, Algeria).
Sorolla ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Sorolla ferryAdd Photo
Other TRASMEDITERRANEA cruise ships
Sorolla ferry Wiki
The ship is powered by four WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 8L46A) with total power output 29 MW.
Sorolla ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review