Regent Seven Seas fleet
Review of Regent Seven Seas
The Regent cruise company, or officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) is a small top luxury ship cruise line (formerly known as "Radisson Seven Seas"). The Regent line belongs to Apollo Management LP - one of the largest private investment equity firms globally. Regent Seven Seas headquarters address - "1000 Corporate Drive, Suite 500, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33334 USA".
The RSSC ships are medium-size top luxury passenger ships, with capacity of up to 700 guests each, all 6-star rated all-suite all-balcony vessels. The Regent Seven Seas Line offers the generous space-to-guest ratio of over 70, and staff-to-guest ratio of 1/1,6 - some of the best ratios in the industry. Regent cruise ships offer some of the world's best, all-inclusive luxury cruise deals. These are also between the most expensive cruise vessels in the world.
The Regent cruise ships names have the prefix "Seven Seas", connotating all the world's oceans. The name is a most proper one, especially for the Voyager - an ex-USSR's Navy ice-class ship-to-be. Bought as a hulll, she is now one of the most recognizable top luxury passenger ships, sailing all the Seven Seas of the World.
The Regent Line serves a clientele of predominantly affluent, middle-age and older travelers, who expect a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and sophistication on board. The line is an epitome for impeccable service of the highest standards. The RSSC's all inclusive vacation packages offer care-free world cruising in an ambiance of luxury, quality and value.
RSSC is well appreciated also as one of the best lines for families celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. The Regent luxury ships enjoy some of the highest passenger loyalty rates.
Regent cruise ships
Follows a list of common features regarding the RSSC line's vessels:
- Owner/operator (Regent Seven Seas)
- Hallmark ("The Regent Experience")
- Registry/ Flag (Bahamas), ship class (Single)
- Private Island (Princess Cays).
- Dining options: Compass Rose main restaurant (open seating), 2-3 alternative restaurants, 24hr room service.
- Dress-Code: day Casual, Formal evenings - men (dark suit / dinner jacket), ladies (cocktail dress), tipping free.
- SPA services by "Canyon Ranch", sauna-steam-fitness, casino, 1 outdoor pool (2-3 Jacuzzis)
- All-Suite ships. Regent cruise suites sizes range from 23 to 112m2, with a large living area, walk-in-closet, safe, refrigerator, minibar, marble bathroom (full-size bathtub, separate shower), King-size beds (lowest categories with twin-beds converting to Queen), Butler-service for Penthouse and higher.
Regent ships best features
- All-suite, all-balcony spacious luxurious accommodations (higher categories are butler-served). Highly personalized and attentive service, tipping-free environment.
- Single open-seating dining in "Compass Rose" and "La Veranda", gourmet cuisine. Alternative dining venues (including "Signatures", operated by Le Cordon Bleu of Paris, and "Prime 7")
- Spa and fitness by "Canyon Ranch SpaClub", complimentary steam room and sauna. Tennis courts, outdoor pools, walking/ jogging tracks. Complimentary 24-hour room service, 24-hour complimentary Coffee Corner.
- European-style casino, library, nightclubs and themed lounges, spacious public areas. Cabaret-style revues, special shows. Enrichment programs (with guest lecturers)
- "Club Mariner" youth program (ages 5 to 17), available during the summer months, and on the holiday trips to Alaska, Bermuda, the Baltic and the Caribbean.
- "Regent Travel Concierge" (exotic shore excursions). Port-intensive itineraries. Includes a travel agent finder.
MS Seven Seas NAVIGATOR
- Built (1999), major refit/renovated/refurbished (2009), Builder (T. Mariotti, Italy)
- Capacity (490+340 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (252, balconied 216, all-suite, all-oceanview)
- Accommodation types and sizes (balcony-included, 6 suite categories, ranging from 28 to 49 m2) - 36 Window Suites (decks 5-6, 301ft2), 158 Balcony Suites (decks 6-7-8-9, 301 ft2), 40 Penthouse Suites (decks 10-11, 301 ft2), 10 Navigator Suites (deck 9, 448 ft2), 4 Grand Suites (decks 7-8, 539 ft2), 4 Master Suites (decks 9-10, 920 ft2)
- Technics: tonnage 28,550 GRT, length 172m, width 25m, draft 7m, 13 decks, speed 36km/h
- MISC: has no sister ships, her hull being constructed in the former USSR (Russia) as an ice-class naval vessel, purchased by RSSC, and finished in Genoa, Italy.
MS Seven Seas MARINER
- year built (2001) by Chantiers de l'Atlantique (France)
- refit-refurbished (2008)
- passenger capacity (700), staff and crew (445)
- cabins - 354 balconied suites, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to 112 m2)
- cabin types and sizes (balcony-included, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to
112 m2) - 262 Deluxe Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 252 ft2), 60 Penthouse Suites (decks 8-910-11, 376 ft2), 12 Horizon Suites (deck 7-8-9-10, 359 ft2), 2 fwd Seven Seas Suites (deck 10, 505 ft2), 8 aft Seven Seas Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 561 ft2), 2 Grand Suites (deck 11, 623 ft2), 6 Mariner Suites (decks 8-9-10, 650 ft2), 2 Master Suites (deck 9, 1204 ft2)
- ship specifications tonnage 48,075 GRT, length 216m, width 28m, draft 6m, 8 decks, 5 elevators, speed 37km/h
- MISC: The world's first with all-suite, all-balcony cabins, and the world's first to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant at sea.
MS Seven Seas VOYAGER
- Built (2003), Refit/Renovated/Refurbished (2008), Builder (T. Mariotti, Italy)
- Capacity (700+447 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (Cabins (354 balconied suites, accommodation types and sizes equal with those of the Mariner ship)
- Technics: tonnage 42,363 GRT, length 204m, width 29m, draft 7m, 9 decks, 5 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- MISC: The world's 2nd all-suite, all-balcony ship. and the world's 2nd to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant (after her sister-ship Mariner).
MS Seven Seas EXPLORER
- Built (2016), Builder (Fincantieri, Italy)
- Capacity (738+542 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (369 balconied suites, 16 suite categories)
- Technics: tonnage 56,000 GRT, length 224m, width 31m, draft 7m, 10 decks, 8 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- MISC: Regent’s largest ship ever built. The most expensive luxury passenger ship in the world, with the largest suite on board.
As a luxury all-inclusive cruise ship line, Regent boasts an all-inclusive beverage program (including fine wines and premium spirits), and all-inclusive cruise fares (with round-trip airfare, shore excursions, and gratuities included).
In January 2016, a $125 million refurbishment plan was revealed for three ships in the Regent Seven Seas fleet. The aim is to bring the cruise vessels in line with the new Seven Seas Explorer, due to enter service in 2016 summer. The 2-year upgrade starts with the smallest 490-passenger Seven Seas Navigator. Seven Seas Voyager is next in line in late 2016; Seven Seas Mariner in 2017 spring.
Seven Seas Navigator enters dry-dock on March 31 in Marseille. The project is expected to be completed by April 13 as the ship is due to embark on a 10-night voyage from Barcelona to Rome. Most public spaces will be refurbished along with a complete redesign of all suites.
Itinerary of Regent Seven Seas
The RSSC vessels call on over 300 ports worldwide (including Antarctica). They sail to the most exotic sea ship travel destinations, with almost unlimited shore excursions. The class of these vessels allows visiting more intimate ports, not accessible to larger ones, though they sail on relatively longer itineraries - from 1 week to almost 3 month cruises.
Regent Seven Seas destinations include:
- Regent World cruise deals for Around the World voyages since 2002
- All Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England, Bermuda and Caribbean
- Mexico, Panama Canal, South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, Asia Pacific
- South America, Africa, India, Antarctica.
Cruise lines that had scheduled stops at Lesbos changed their itineraries in 2015. The Greek island is where thousands of refugees and migrants arrived. On September 6, Regent Seven Seas altered its itinerary for Seven Seas Mariner. A call at Mytilene was replaced with a day at sea.
Seven Seas Navigator will spend summer 2016 in the Mediterranean, late autumn in South Africa, and then embark from Miami in 2017 on the first world voyage for the line in 6 years, a 128-night cruise covering 31 countries on 6 continents.
In April 2016 Regent Seven Seas announced free international round trip business class air travel with 2017-2018 Itineraries. The cruise line is the first to offer business class air travel as part of inclusive package. Regent Seven Seas Cruises already includes fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, free unlimited shore trips, prepaid gratuities, luxury pre-cruise hotel stays and ground transfers. Upgraded fares are available on cruises involving international air travel from 26 North American cities, regardless of category booked.
Regent also released a selection of new itineraries, part of its 2017-2018 Voyage Collection, including the 30-day Grand Northwest Passage cruise onboard Seven Seas Navigator.
Regent cruise itinerary changes
Regent Seven Seas Cruises line (abbrev RSSC) was formerly also known as RSSC (abbreviation for "Radisson Seven Seas Cruises"). This is a top luxury cruise company (based in Florida, USA) which ships visit over 300 ports around the world.
The line's 2017-2018 Voyage Collection offers more than 100 itineraries. Additional Los Angeles departures are offered with increased Hawaiian Islands, Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal cruises - with the 4-ship fleet calling at over 335 ports in 98 different countries.
The collection sees Seven Seas Voyager returning to the Mediterranean for 2017 summer and fall. Seven Seas Explorer will set off on her inaugural season in Northern Europe.
In the period 2016-2017, the three old Regent Seven Seas ships will be extensively refurbished as part of the company's USD 125 million refurbishment project for whole fleet renovation.
- In April 2016, the parent company NCL announced it will build a new ship with scheduled launch in 2020. The vessel will be of the same design as Seven Seas Explorer.
- In mid April 2016, RSSC announced upgraded fares adding free international flights to all 2017-2018 cruise Itineraries. These are round-trip air travel deals (business class) added to the company's signature (standard) all-inclusive package - wines, spirits, soda, water, unlimited internet, free shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, pre-post cruise hotel stays and transfers. The air-inclusive deals involve international flights from 26 cities (Canada and the USA), regardless of the suite category booked.
- In the end of April 2016, the Regent's owner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings) announced the line will start offering cruises to Cuba (starting sometime in 2016).
Northwest Passage Cruise 2017
In Summer 2017, the Seven Seas Navigator ship had scheduled a Northwest Passage Cruise itinerary transiting through the Canadian Arctic Ocean territories.
- Due to bad weather forecast (too much sea ice on the route in July), the voyage was cancelled in the end of August 2016. Booked passengers were refunded and additionally received USD $1,000 onboard credit applicable to any other 2016 or 2017 Regent cruises. Travel partners who had guests booked on the trip received USD 250 per booking.
- The 63-days long one-way itinerary was from Miami Florida to Montreal Quebec (scheduled June 17 to August 18, 2017). The list of "Arctic" ports of call included Seward Alaska (Jul 19), Homer Alaska (July 21), Kodiak Island Alaska (July 22), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (July 24), Nome Alaska (July 26), Herschel Island Yukon Canada (July 29), Tuktoyaktuk NT Canada (July 30), Victoria Island (Aug 2), King William Island (Aug 3), Upernavik Greenland (Aug 5), Uummannaq Greenland (Aug 7), Nuuk Greenland (Aug 9), Paamiut Greenland (Aug 10), Qaqortoq Greenland (Aug 11), Corner Brook Newfoundland (Aug 14), Saguenay Quebec (Aug 16) and Quebec City (Aug 17).
- Prices started from USD 35,000 per person (double occupancy rates).
RSSC cruises to Cuba 2017
The Seven Seas Mariner ship will be the company's first ship to visit Cuba (Havana) during 2 scheduled for April 2017 cruises. The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba in 2016-2017-2018 includes:
- Carnival-fathom (ship MV Adonia, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- Grand Circle Cruise Line (ship MV Clio / ex Tere Moana) one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami (embarkation/disembarkation in port Cienfuegos).
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Victory Cruise Lines - MS Victory I (former MS Saint Laurent) - fly-cruises from Miami to Havana (home-port Cienfuegos /departures)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
- Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles (California USA). An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Regent Seven Seas Navigator World Cruise 2018
In 2018, the ship Seven Seas Navigator offers an Around the World cruise (round-trip from USA (Los Angeles CA departure on January 8th).
- The 137-day long itinerary (Jan 8 - May 25, 2018) includes 64 ports in 28 countries on 5 continents. Among the signature destinations are Hawaii (USA), South Pacific islands, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), South Africa, Transatlantic crossing, South America, Caribbean, Panama Canal transit.
- Regent's World Cruise 2018 deals are price-inclusive of shore excursions / tours (in all ports of call), first-class airfare, visa package, luggage and unlimited laundry services, shipboard medical services, satellite phone time.
- Pricing starts from USD 60,000 pp (Deluxe Window Suite cabin).
Regent Seven Seas related cruise news
One of the fastest growing sports, pickleball, debuted in June on Seven Seas Explorer, the newest ship in the fleet of Regent Seven Seas. “The...December 26, 2016
After her launch and inaugural season sailing in the Mediterranean, Regent’s Seven Seas Explorer arrived at PortMiami to spend the winter...December 6, 2016
The cruise ship Seven Seas Voyager emerged from 25-day dry dock with updated suites and public spaces, part of a US$125 million refurbishment of...November 20, 2016
The fleet of Regent Seven Seas Cruises is currently undergoing a US$125 million refurbishment program. Seven Seas Navigator's upgrade was completed...October 13, 2016
As part of the $125 million fleet refurbishment plan of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, its Seven Seas Voyager is scheduled for a luxury makeover in...October 7, 2016
Rolls-Royce announced a new deal to provide deck machinery and propulsion to five cruise ships being built by Fincantieri at Monfalcone and Ancona...September 30, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line reiterated its commitment to Chinese cruise market, with ships from all 3 of the company’s brands scheduled to visit...September 26, 2016
Holland America was added to the list of cruise lines that canceled calls in Turkey for the rest of 2016. The Seattle-based cruise company announced...September 1, 2016
Regent Seven Seas Cruises canceled a Northwest Passage cruise that was scheduled to depart Alaska next summer. According to Northwest Passage...August 19, 2016
Cruise lines that are calling at the French Riviera canceled shore excursions and port calls to Nice, following the terrorist attack on July 14. A...July 16, 2016