Regent Seven Seas fleet
Review of Regent Seven Seas
The Regent cruise company, or officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) is a small top luxury ship cruise line (formerly known as "Radisson Seven Seas"). The Regent line belongs to Apollo Management LP - one of the largest private investment equity firms globally. RSSC's headquarters address is "1000 Corporate Drive, Suite 500, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33334 USA".
The RSSC ships are medium-size top luxury passenger ships, with capacity of up to 700 guests each, all 6-star rated all-suite all-balcony vessels. The Regent Seven Seas Line offers the generous space-to-guest ratio of over 70, and staff-to-guest ratio of 1/1,6 - some of the best ratios in the industry. Regent cruise ships offer some of the world's best, all-inclusive luxury cruise deals. These are also between the most expensive cruise vessels in the world.
The Regent cruise ships names have the prefix "Seven Seas", connotating all the world's oceans. The name is a most proper one, especially for the Voyager - an ex-USSR's Navy ice-class ship-to-be. Bought as a hulll, she is now one of the most recognizable top luxury passenger ships, sailing all the Seven Seas of the World.
The Regent Line serves a clientele of predominantly affluent, middle-age and older travelers, who expect a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and sophistication on board. The line is an epitome for impeccable service of the highest standards. The RSSC's all inclusive vacation packages offer care-free world cruising in an ambiance of luxury, quality and value.
RSSC is well appreciated also as one of the best lines for families celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. The Regent luxury ships enjoy some of the highest passenger loyalty rates.
In January 2016, an USD 125 million drydock refurbishment plan was revealed for 3 ships in the RSSC fleet. The aim was to bring the vessels in line with the new Seven Seas Explorer (launched in 2016). The 2-year fleet upgrade plan started with the smallest 490-passenger Seven Seas Navigator (April 2016). Seven Seas Voyager was next (2016), followed by Seven Seas Mariner (2017).
The list of numerous onboard renovations included refurbishing of most public spaces, complete redesign of all staterooms, ship technology and equipment upgrades. After the fleet renovation program was completed, RSSC started offering free unlimited Internet and Wi-Fi to all cruise passengers (regardless cabin categories).
As a top-luxury, all-inclusive cruise line, RSSC provides deals inclusive of beverages (including fine wines and premium spirits) and all-inclusive cruise fares (with roundtrip airfare, shore excursions, gratuities included). The line's newly expanded shore excursions program offers complimentary 3-night land tours in new locations (Cape Town South Africa, Hong Kong and Beijing China, Angkor Wat Cambodia). The experience features African safaris, China's Great Wall, elephant camp in Thailand.
Regent cruise ships
Follows a list of common features regarding the RSSC line's vessels:
- Owner/operator (Regent Seven Seas)
- Hallmark ("The Regent Experience")
- Registry/ Flag (Bahamas), ship class (Single)
- Private Island (Princess Cays)
- Dining options: Compass Rose main restaurant (open seating), 2-3 alternative restaurants, 24hr room service.
- Dress-Code: day Casual, Formal evenings - men (dark suit / dinner jacket), ladies (cocktail dress), tipping free.
- SPA services by "Canyon Ranch", sauna-steam-fitness, casino, 1 outdoor pool (2-3 Jacuzzis)
- All-Suite ships. Regent cruise suites sizes range from 23 to 112m2, with a large living area, walk-in-closet, safe, refrigerator, minibar, marble bathroom (full-size bathtub, separate shower), King-size beds (lowest categories with twin-beds converting to Queen), Butler-service for Penthouse and higher.
Among RSSC ships' best features are:
- All-suite, all-balcony spacious luxurious accommodations (higher categories are butler-served). Highly personalized and attentive service, tipping-free environment.
- Single open-seating dining in "Compass Rose" and "La Veranda", gourmet cuisine. Alternative dining venues (including "Signatures", operated by Le Cordon Bleu of Paris, and "Prime 7")
- Spa and fitness by "Canyon Ranch SpaClub", complimentary steam room and sauna. Tennis courts, outdoor pools, walking/ jogging tracks. Complimentary 24-hour room service, 24-hour complimentary Coffee Corner.
- European-style casino, library, nightclubs and themed lounges, spacious public areas. Cabaret-style revues, special shows. Enrichment programs (with guest lecturers)
- "Club Mariner" youth program (ages 5 to 17), available during the summer months, and on the holiday trips to Alaska, Bermuda, the Baltic and the Caribbean.
- "Regent Travel Concierge" (exotic shore excursions). Port-intensive itineraries. Includes a travel agent finder.
- Built (1999), Builder (T. Mariotti, Italy)
- Capacity (490+340 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (252, balconied 216, all-suite, all-oceanview)
- Accommodation types and sizes (balcony-included, 6 suite categories, ranging from 28 to 49 m2) - 36 Window Suites (decks 5-6, 301ft2), 158 Balcony Suites (decks 6-7-8-9, 301 ft2), 40 Penthouse Suites (decks 10-11, 301 ft2), 10 Navigator Suites (deck 9, 448 ft2), 4 Grand Suites (decks 7-8, 539 ft2), 4 Master Suites (decks 9-10, 920 ft2)
- Technics: tonnage 28,550 GRT, length 172m, width 25m, draft 7m, 13 decks, speed 36km/h
- The vessel has no sisters, its hull being constructed in the former USSR (Russia) as an ice-class naval vessel. It was purchased by RSSC, and finished in Genoa Italy.
- Built (2001)
- passenger capacity (700), staff and crew (445)
- cabins - 354 balconied suites, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to 112 m2)
- cabin types and sizes (balcony-included, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to
112 m2) - 262 Deluxe Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 252 ft2), 60 Penthouse Suites (decks 8-910-11, 376 ft2), 12 Horizon Suites (deck 7-8-9-10, 359 ft2), 2 fwd Seven Seas Suites (deck 10, 505 ft2), 8 aft Seven Seas Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 561 ft2), 2 Grand Suites (deck 11, 623 ft2), 6 Mariner Suites (decks 8-9-10, 650 ft2), 2 Master Suites (deck 9, 1204 ft2)
- ship specifications tonnage 48,075 GRT, length 216m, width 28m, draft 6m, 8 decks, 5 elevators, speed 37km/h
- The world's first with all-suite, all-balcony cabins, and the world's first to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant at sea.
- Built (2003)
- Capacity (700+447 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (Cabins (354 balconied suites, accommodation types and sizes equal with those of the Mariner ship)
- Technics: tonnage 42,363 GRT, length 204m, width 29m, draft 7m, 9 decks, 5 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- The world's 2nd all-suite, all-balcony ship. and the world's 2nd to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant (after her sister-ship Mariner).
- Built (Explorer 2016, Splendor 2020), Builder (Fincantieri, Italy)
- Capacity (738+542 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (369 balconied suites, 16 suite categories)
- Technics: tonnage 56,000 GRT, length 224m, width 31m, draft 7m, 10 decks, 8 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- Regent’s largest ship ever built. The most expensive luxury passenger ship in the world, with the largest suite on board.
Itinerary of Regent Seven Seas
The RSSC vessels call on over 300 ports worldwide (including Antarctica). They sail to the most exotic sea ship travel destinations, with almost unlimited shore excursions. The class of these vessels allows visiting more intimate ports, not accessible to larger ones, though they sail on relatively longer itineraries - from 1 week to almost 3 month cruises.
Regent Seven Seas destinations include:
- Regent World cruise deals for Around the World voyages since 2002
- All Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England, Bermuda and Caribbean
- Mexico, Panama Canal, South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, Asia Pacific
- South America, Africa, India, Antarctica.
Seven Seas Navigator operates a 128-night world cruise (January 2017), crossing Panama Canal and Suez Canal, and visiting 62 ports in 31 countries across 6 continents.
Seven Seas Mariner operates on cruises in the Caribbean, through Panama Canal, around South America, Mexican Riviera, Alaska (summer). A featured itinerary includes Amazon River cruise roundtrip from Miami.
Seven Seas Voyager operates in Mediterranean and Australia New Zealand (leaving from Sydney and Auckland). AU-NZ itineraries feature scenic cruising through Milford Sound's fjords.
Seven Seas Explorer debuted in July 2016 and operates on Panama Canal cruises (between Miami and Los Angeles) and in Europe (Mediterranean).
Regent also released a selection of new itineraries, part of its 2017-2018 Voyage Collection, including the 30-day Grand Northwest Passage cruise onboard Seven Seas Navigator.
Regent cruise itinerary changes
Regent Seven Seas Cruises line (abbrev RSSC) was formerly also known as RSSC (abbreviation for "Radisson Seven Seas Cruises"). This is a top luxury cruise company (based in Florida, USA) which ships visit over 300 ports around the world.
The line's 2017-2018 Voyage Collection offers more than 100 itineraries. Additional Los Angeles departures are offered with increased Hawaiian Islands, Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal cruises - with the 4-ship fleet calling at over 335 ports in 98 different countries.
The collection sees Seven Seas Voyager returning to the Mediterranean for 2017 summer and fall. Seven Seas Explorer had its inaugural season in Northern Europe.
In the period 2016-2017, the three old RSSC ships were extensively refurbished as part of the company's USD 125 million refurbishment project for whole fleet renovation.
- In April 2016, the parent company NCLH announced it will build a new ship with scheduled launch in 2020. The vessel (of the same design as Seven Seas Explorer) was named Seven Seas Splendor.
- In mid April 2016, RSSC announced upgraded fares adding free international flights to all 2017-2018 cruise Itineraries. These are round-trip air travel deals (business class) added to the company's signature (standard) all-inclusive package - wines, spirits, soda, water, unlimited internet, free shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, pre-post cruise hotel stays and transfers. The air-inclusive deals involve international flights from 26 cities (Canada and the USA), regardless of the suite category booked.
- In the end of April 2016, the Regent's owner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings) announced that RSSC starts cruises to Cuba in 2016.
Northwest Passage Cruise 2017
In Summer 2017, the Seven Seas Navigator ship had scheduled a Northwest Passage Cruise itinerary transiting through the Canadian Arctic Ocean territories.
- Due to bad weather forecast (too much sea ice on the route in July), the voyage was cancelled in the end of August 2016. Booked passengers were refunded and additionally received USD $1,000 onboard credit applicable to any other 2016 or 2017 Regent cruises. Travel partners who had guests booked on the trip received USD 250 per booking.
- The 63-days long one-way itinerary was from Miami Florida to Montreal Quebec (scheduled June 17 to August 18, 2017). The list of "Arctic" ports of call included Seward Alaska (Jul 19), Homer Alaska (July 21), Kodiak Island Alaska (July 22), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (July 24), Nome Alaska (July 26), Herschel Island Yukon Canada (July 29), Tuktoyaktuk NT Canada (July 30), Victoria Island (Aug 2), King William Island (Aug 3), Upernavik Greenland (Aug 5), Uummannaq Greenland (Aug 7), Nuuk Greenland (Aug 9), Paamiut Greenland (Aug 10), Qaqortoq Greenland (Aug 11), Corner Brook Newfoundland (Aug 14), Saguenay Quebec (Aug 16) and Quebec City (Aug 17).
- Prices started from USD 35,000 per person (double occupancy rates).
RSSC cruises to Cuba 2017-2018-2019-2020
The Seven Seas Mariner ship was the company's first ship to visit Cuba (Havana) during 2 scheduled for April 2017 cruises.
Regent Seven Seas, the only North American luxury line granted permission to offer cruises to Cuba, added more calls at the Caribbean island on a couple of itineraries in 2019-2020.
Seven Seas Mariner sails on the first immersive Cuba itinerary of the line on her October 15, 2019 cruise, visiting Cienfuegos, Havana and Santiago de Cuba, providing passengers more chances to engage in people-to-people activities intended to to immerse in the culture of the island. Havana is also added into the April 25, 2020 voyage onboard Seven Seas Navigator.
Cruisers can choose among 8 itineraries that provide an opportunity to visit Cuba. Mariner’s October 10, 2018 cruise, calls again on Havana on the trans-Panama Canal sailing to the South Pacific, while the new October 15, 2019 trip offers 3 Cuban ports.
Caribbean itineraries which also visit Havana include November 11, 2018 & April 25, 2020 voyages onboard Seven Seas Navigator, and December 6 & 16, 2018, February 6 & March 5, 2019 voyages onboard Seven Seas Voyager.
The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba includes:
- Carnival Paradise leaving from Tampa Florida - cheapest prices (from USD 480 pp)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Holland America (ship Veendam) leaving from Fort Lauderdale since December 2017
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- NCL (ship Norwegian Sky, 4-day itineraries with Havana overnights - starting May 2017
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- Grand Circle Cruise Line (ship MV Clio / ex Tere Moana) one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami (embarkation/disembarkation in port Cienfuegos).
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Victory Cruise Lines - MS Victory I (former MS Saint Laurent) - fly-cruises from Miami to Havana (home-port Cienfuegos /departures)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
- Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles (California USA). An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Regent Seven Seas Navigator World Cruise 2018
In 2018, the ship Seven Seas Navigator offers an Around the World cruise (round-trip from USA (Los Angeles CA departure on January 8th).
- The 137-day long itinerary (Jan 8 - May 25, 2018) includes 64 ports in 28 countries on 5 continents. Among the signature destinations are Hawaii (USA), South Pacific islands, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), South Africa, Transatlantic crossing, South America, Caribbean, Panama Canal transit.
- Regent's World Cruise 2018 deals are price-inclusive of shore excursions / tours (in all ports of call), first-class airfare, visa package, luggage and unlimited laundry services, shipboard medical services, satellite phone time.
- Pricing starts from USD 60,000 pp (Deluxe Window Suite cabin).
Regent Seven Seas Splendor Inaugural Season 2020
The first voyage onboard Seven Seas Splendor begins on February 7, 2020 and takes guests on a 14-night transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Miami FL. The inaugural season of Seven Seas Splendor reveals a lineup of destination-rich itineraries visiting iconic locations throughout North America, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean.
Following her first transatlantic cruise on February 7, Seven Seas Splendor transits Panama Canal on her way to Los Angeles February 25, 2020, visits Cartagena and anchors along the coastline of Cabo San Lucas. Then, she offers the chance to traverse the canal west to east, as she sails out of Los Angeles to Miami FL on March 14, 2020.
Back on Atlantic coast, the ship embarks on a spring sojourn between Florida and New York City on April 1, 2020. Highlights include overnights in Oranjestad and Charleston, before arriving in the Big Apple. Then, from NYC, she sets her course to Barcelona, departing on April 16, 2020 for 2 weeks.
Beginning April 30, Splendor kicks off her inaugural Mediterranean season with the advantage of being the best size to reach the most intimate ports in the region, such as Palamos, Toulon, Kotor. The first of the Mediterranean cruises is a 12-night on May 28, 2020 from Barcelona which culminates with an overnight stay in Venice. Seven Seas Splendor rings in the summer via a 12-night trip to the ancient world June 4, 2020 including visits to Jerusalem and Rhodes. Then, two more 10-night cruises from Ibiza to Rome set sail on June 16 and 26, 2020.
Regent Seven Seas related cruise news
In celebration of World Oceans Day, leading global cruise company Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., which operates Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven...June 9, 2018
Regent Seven Seas Cruises completed the final stages of its US$ 125 million refurbishment program via the overhaul of Seven Seas Mariner, bringing...April 18, 2018
Regent Seven Seas opened bookings for the inaugural season of its newest ship, launching February 2020. The first voyage onboard Seven Seas...April 15, 2018
Regent Seven Seas Cruises unveiled details for its Seven Seas Splendor, scheduled to debut in 2020. All public spaces and ten suite categories will...March 30, 2018
The steel-cutting ceremony for Seven Seas Splendor took place at Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona on Wednesday, March 15. Splendor is the 2nd ship...March 15, 2018
Regent Seven Seas, the only North American luxury line granted permission to offer cruises to Cuba, is adding more calls at the Caribbean island on a...February 21, 2018
Regent Seven Seas revealed details for the upcoming bow-to-stern refit of Seven Seas Mariner, the first all-suite, all-balcony cruise ship in the...February 14, 2018
Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced the addition of Cuba calls to 6 itineraries in its 2018-2019 Caribbean season. Cruisers can visit Havana...October 29, 2017
Seven Seas Navigator has been fined US$6,000 by Transport Canada for exceeding the speed restriction in Gulf of St Lawrence. The federal...September 9, 2017
Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced a new 2020 Navigate the World Cruise onboard Seven Seas Mariner. The 131-night itinerary departs January 24...July 14, 2017
- show more news