Regent Seven Seas fleet
Review of Regent Seven Seas
The Regent cruise company, or officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) is a small top luxury ship cruise line (formerly known as "Radisson Seven Seas"). The Regent line belongs to Apollo Management LP - one of the largest private investment equity firms globally. Regent Seven Seas headquarters address - "1000 Corporate Drive, Suite 500, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33334 USA".
The RSSC ships are medium-size top luxury passenger ships, with capacity of up to 700 guests each, all 6-star rated all-suite all-balcony vessels. The Regent Seven Seas Line offers the generous space-to-guest ratio of over 70, and staff-to-guest ratio of 1/1,6 - some of the best ratios in the industry. Regent cruise ships offer some of the world's best, all-inclusive luxury cruise deals. These are also between the most expensive cruise vessels in the world.
The Regent cruise ships names have the prefix "Seven Seas", connotating all the world's oceans. The name is a most proper one, especially for the Voyager - an ex-USSR's Navy ice-class ship-to-be. Bought as a hulll, she is now one of the most recognizable top luxury passenger ships, sailing all the Seven Seas of the World.
The Regent Line serves a clientele of predominantly affluent, middle-age and older travelers, who expect a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and sophistication on board. The line is an epitome for impeccable service of the highest standards. The RSSC's all inclusive vacation packages offer care-free world cruising in an ambiance of luxury, quality and value.
RSSC is well appreciated also as one of the best lines for families celebrating anniversaries and birthdays. The Regent luxury ships enjoy some of the highest passenger loyalty rates.
Regent cruise ships
Follows a list of common features regarding the RSSC line's vessels:
- Owner/operator (Regent Seven Seas)
- Hallmark ("The Regent Experience")
- Registry/ Flag (Bahamas), ship class (Single)
- Private Island (Princess Cays).
- Dining options: Compass Rose main restaurant (open seating), 2-3 alternative restaurants, 24hr room service.
- Dress-Code: day Casual, Formal evenings - men (dark suit / dinner jacket), ladies (cocktail dress), tipping free.
- SPA services by "Canyon Ranch", sauna-steam-fitness, casino, 1 outdoor pool (2-3 Jacuzzis)
- All-Suite ships. Regent cruise suites sizes range from 23 to 112m2, with a large living area, walk-in-closet, safe, refrigerator, minibar, marble bathroom (full-size bathtub, separate shower), King-size beds (lowest categories with twin-beds converting to Queen), Butler-service for Penthouse and higher.
Regent ships best features
- All-suite, all-balcony spacious luxurious accommodations (higher categories are butler-served). Highly personalized and attentive service, tipping-free environment.
- Single open-seating dining in "Compass Rose" and "La Veranda", gourmet cuisine. Alternative dining venues (including "Signatures", operated by Le Cordon Bleu of Paris, and "Prime 7")
- Spa and fitness by "Canyon Ranch SpaClub", complimentary steam room and sauna. Tennis courts, outdoor pools, walking/ jogging tracks. Complimentary 24-hour room service, 24-hour complimentary Coffee Corner.
- European-style casino, library, nightclubs and themed lounges, spacious public areas. Cabaret-style revues, special shows. Enrichment programs (with guest lecturers)
- "Club Mariner" youth program (ages 5 to 17), available during the summer months, and on the holiday trips to Alaska, Bermuda, the Baltic and the Caribbean.
- "Regent Travel Concierge" (exotic shore excursions). Port-intensive itineraries. Includes a travel agent finder.
MS Seven Seas NAVIGATOR
- Built (1999), major refit/renovated/refurbished (2009), Builder (T. Mariotti, Italy)
- Capacity (490+340 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (252, balconied 216, all-suite, all-oceanview)
- Accommodation types and sizes (balcony-included, 6 suite categories, ranging from 28 to 49 m2) - 36 Window Suites (decks 5-6, 301ft2), 158 Balcony Suites (decks 6-7-8-9, 301 ft2), 40 Penthouse Suites (decks 10-11, 301 ft2), 10 Navigator Suites (deck 9, 448 ft2), 4 Grand Suites (decks 7-8, 539 ft2), 4 Master Suites (decks 9-10, 920 ft2)
- Technics: tonnage 28,550 GRT, length 172m, width 25m, draft 7m, 13 decks, speed 36km/h
- MISC: has no sister ships, her hull being constructed in the former USSR (Russia) as an ice-class naval vessel, purchased by RSSC, and finished in Genoa, Italy.
MS Seven Seas MARINER
- year built (2001) by Chantiers de l'Atlantique (France)
- refit-refurbished (2008)
- passenger capacity (700), staff and crew (445)
- cabins - 354 balconied suites, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to 112 m2)
- cabin types and sizes (balcony-included, 8 suite categories, ranging from 23 to
112 m2) - 262 Deluxe Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 252 ft2), 60 Penthouse Suites (decks 8-910-11, 376 ft2), 12 Horizon Suites (deck 7-8-9-10, 359 ft2), 2 fwd Seven Seas Suites (deck 10, 505 ft2), 8 aft Seven Seas Suites (decks 7-8-9-10, 561 ft2), 2 Grand Suites (deck 11, 623 ft2), 6 Mariner Suites (decks 8-9-10, 650 ft2), 2 Master Suites (deck 9, 1204 ft2)
- ship specifications tonnage 48,075 GRT, length 216m, width 28m, draft 6m, 8 decks, 5 elevators, speed 37km/h
- MISC: The world's first with all-suite, all-balcony cabins, and the world's first to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant at sea.
MS Seven Seas VOYAGER
- Built (2003), Refit/Renovated/Refurbished (2008), Builder (T. Mariotti, Italy)
- Capacity (700+447 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (Cabins (354 balconied suites, accommodation types and sizes equal with those of the Mariner ship)
- Technics: tonnage 42,363 GRT, length 204m, width 29m, draft 7m, 9 decks, 5 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- MISC: The world's 2nd all-suite, all-balcony ship. and the world's 2nd to feature a "Le Cordon Bleu of Paris" restaurant (after her sister-ship Mariner).
MS Seven Seas EXPLORER
- Built (2016), Builder (Fincantieri, Italy)
- Capacity (738+542 passengers+crew)
- Cabins (369 balconied suites, 16 suite categories)
- Technics: tonnage 56,000 GRT, length 224m, width 31m, draft 7m, 10 decks, 8 lifts, speed 37 km/h
- MISC: Regent’s largest ship ever built. The most expensive luxury passenger ship in the world, with the largest suite on board.
As a luxury all-inclusive cruise ship line, Regent boasts an all-inclusive beverage program (including fine wines and premium spirits), and all-inclusive cruise fares (with round-trip airfare, shore excursions, and gratuities included).
In January 2016, a $125 million refurbishment plan was revealed for three ships in the Regent Seven Seas fleet. The aim is to bring the cruise vessels in line with the new Seven Seas Explorer, due to enter service in 2016 summer. The 2-year upgrade starts with the smallest 490-passenger Seven Seas Navigator. Seven Seas Voyager is next in line in late 2016; Seven Seas Mariner in 2017 spring.
Seven Seas Navigator enters dry-dock on March 31 in Marseille. The project is expected to be completed by April 13 as the ship is due to embark on a 10-night voyage from Barcelona to Rome. Most public spaces will be refurbished along with a complete redesign of all suites.
Itinerary of Regent Seven Seas
The RSSC vessels call on over 300 ports worldwide (including Antarctica). They sail to the most exotic sea ship travel destinations, with almost unlimited shore excursions. The class of these vessels allows visiting more intimate ports, not accessible to larger ones, though they sail on relatively longer itineraries - from 1 week to almost 3 month cruises.
Regent Seven Seas destinations include:
- Regent World cruise deals for Around the World voyages since 2002
- All Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England, Bermuda and Caribbean
- Mexico, Panama Canal, South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, Asia Pacific
- South America, Africa, India, Antarctica.
Cruise lines that had scheduled stops at Lesbos changed their itineraries in 2015. The Greek island is where thousands of refugees and migrants arrived. On September 6, Regent Seven Seas altered its itinerary for Seven Seas Mariner. A call at Mytilene was replaced with a day at sea.
Seven Seas Navigator will spend summer 2016 in the Mediterranean, late autumn in South Africa, and then embark from Miami in 2017 on the first world voyage for the line in 6 years, a 128-night cruise covering 31 countries on 6 continents.
In April 2016 Regent Seven Seas announced free international round trip business class air travel with 2017-2018 Itineraries. The cruise line is the first to offer business class air travel as part of inclusive package. Regent Seven Seas Cruises already includes fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, free unlimited shore trips, prepaid gratuities, luxury pre-cruise hotel stays and ground transfers. Upgraded fares are available on cruises involving international air travel from 26 North American cities, regardless of category booked.
Regent also released a selection of new itineraries, part of its 2017-2018 Voyage Collection, including the 30-day Grand Northwest Passage cruise onboard Seven Seas Navigator.
Regent cruise itinerary changes
Regent Seven Seas Cruises line (abbrev RSSC) was formerly also known as RSSC (abbreviation for "Radisson Seven Seas Cruises"). This is a top luxury cruise company (based in Florida, USA) which ships visit over 300 ports around the world.
The line's 2017-2018 Voyage Collection offers more than 100 itineraries. Additional Los Angeles departures are offered with increased Hawaiian Islands, Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal cruises - with the 4-ship fleet calling at over 335 ports in 98 different countries.
The collection sees Seven Seas Voyager returning to the Mediterranean for 2017 summer and fall. Seven Seas Explorer will set off on her inaugural season in Northern Europe.
In the period 2016-2017, the three old Regent Seven Seas ships will be extensively refurbished as part of the company's USD 125 million refurbishment project for whole fleet renovation.
- In April 2016, the parent company NCL announced it will build a new ship with scheduled launch in 2020. The vessel will be of the same design as Seven Seas Explorer.
- In mid April 2016, RSSC announced upgraded fares adding free international flights to all 2017-2018 cruise Itineraries. These are round-trip air travel deals (business class) added to the company's signature (standard) all-inclusive package - wines, spirits, soda, water, unlimited internet, free shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, pre-post cruise hotel stays and transfers. The air-inclusive deals involve international flights from 26 cities (Canada and the USA), regardless of the suite category booked.
- In the end of April 2016, the Regent's owner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings) announced the line will start offering cruises to Cuba (starting sometime in 2016).
Regent Seven Seas Navigator World Cruise 2018
In 2018, the ship Seven Seas Navigator offers an Around the World cruise (round-trip from USA (Los Angeles CA departure on January 8th).
- The 137-day long itinerary (Jan 8 - May 25, 2018) includes 64 ports in 28 countries on 5 continents. Among the signature destinations are Hawaii (USA), South Pacific islands, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), South Africa, Transatlantic crossing, South America, Caribbean, Panama Canal transit.
- Regent's World Cruise 2018 deals are price-inclusive of shore excursions / tours (in all ports of call), first-class airfare, visa package, luggage and unlimited laundry services, shipboard medical services, satellite phone time.
- Pricing starts from USD 60,000 pp (Deluxe Window Suite cabin).