Port Canaveral has become one of the most popular cruise terminals in United States with over 4.5 million cruisers a year and one of the busiest cruise ship ports – but least congested.
Cape Canaveral is situated on the Atlantic coastline between Miami cruise port and Jacksonville. The city is bounded by Port Canaveral to the north, Banana River to the east, Cocoa Beach to the south and Atlantic Ocean to the west.
Find information about Port Canaveral cruise port terminal – address, location and map, parking information and fees. Check the cruise ship schedule and explore Port Canaveral city tours possibilities.
- Following the President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration, in the end of January 2017 Port Canaveral officials reported cruise passengers being detained by US Customs and Border Protection. All detainees had to provide background info about them, their families and also their past life in their native countries. The new President's executive order was signed on Jan 27, and includes a 90-day ban on travel to the USA by citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.
Highlights: Orlando, NASA Space Center
Port Canaveral cruise terminal
Port Canaveral is located in Brevard Country, Florida. It is among the busiest cruise, naval and cargo ports in the world. On average, each day ten ships enter the port. The cruise ship schedule offers voyages through all the year.
Port Canaveral is the nearest Disney World city, situated about one hour east of Orlando by car. The Orlando International Airport is 45 miles away. The distance to Tampa is two hours and to Jacksonville – two hours and a half.
There are seven cruise terminals. In a regular use are 4 – numbers 5, 6, 8 and 10. They are newer, located on the north side and larger cruise ships dock there. The south side terminals are older. Gambling ships use terminal 2. Terminal 3 and terminal 4 are used rarely.
The cruise terminal parking rate is USD 15 per day (Port Authority subject to change). There is a parking lot beside each cruise terminal.
North (A Side) Cruise terminals (5, 6, 8 and 10)
They are located on the A dock at the north side. Along is the Charles M Rowland Drive. All are up to date and can handle the biggest cruise ship. Especially for Disney Cruise Line ships was built Cruise Terminal 8. About USD 2,3 million were spent at Terminal 8's renovations done in 2016.
- Cruise ship terminal 10 was reopened on November 19, 2016, following an USD 35 million expansion and upgrade project which took 6 months to complete. Terminal 10 is used by NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line).
- Renovation works included increasing the size of the two-story terminal building (from 97,048 ft2 to 125,824 ft2), enabling the terminal to handle cruise ships carrying up to 5,500 passengers. Previously, its max capacity was 3,600 passengers.
Among the major projects of theCruise Terminal 10 renovations were:
- USD 25,69 million for terminal renovations, with H.J. High of Orlando as contractor. The downstairs area where baggage processing occurs increased from the previous 42,799 ft2 to 64,396 ft2. The upstairs area where passengers check in increased from the previous 54,249 ft2 to 61,428 ft2.
- USD 4,48 million for mobile passenger boarding bridges, with Adelte of Barcelona, Spain, as contractor. Mobile bridge systems provide more flexibility than the previous "fixed" gangway systems when used for different cruise vessels that have different heights and boarding door locations.
- USD 1,79 million for pier strengthening, with Vortex Marine of Oakland, California, as contractor. By using carbon fiber reinforced polymer technology, the design engineer of record CH2M was able to extend the life and structural capacity of the existing pier.
Another USD 48,38 million renovation project was completed at Cruise Terminal 5, its parking garage, pier and passenger boarding bridges. That terminal is used mostly by Carnival Cruise Line.
South (B Side) Cruise terminals (2,3 and 4)
They are located on the B dock at the southwest side. Along is the George King Boulevard. They were among the first cruise ships’ facilities of Port Canaveral and can handle not more than 1900 passengers.
Port Canaveral tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center: NASA’s base where Apollo missions have been launched. Watch a movie at the center of IMAX, learn the space exploration future at the Exploration Space show, go to the Apollo Center and the LC39 Gantry or try the Shuttle Launch Experience.
- US Astronaut Hall of Fame: 5 miles away from the Kennedy Space Center. Honor the American astronauts, watch the Science On A Sphere show, try the Sigma 7 Mercury rocket or a real training for astronauts.
- Jetty Park: park at the coastline with a beach, camping and a playground, picnic areas and pavilions. Enjoy the amazing marine traffic view from the pier, favorite place for fishermen and tourists. You can have a coffee, eat or buy something at the Cove Waterfront area, located between the park and the port.
- Cocoa Beach Pier: dating since 1962, Space coast best-known landmark located 4 miles away ftom Port Canaveral. It offers bars, souvenir shops, restaurants, live music and lively beach.
- Orlando Amusement Parks: enjoy the attractions Walt Disney World , Disney/MGM Studios, Universal Studios, Sea World of Florida and much more.
The Port Canaveral cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida.
If you lose the Port Canaveral location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Port Canaveral cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 March, 2017
10 March, 2017
11 March, 2017
12 March, 2017
13 March, 2017
16 March, 2017
17 March, 2017
18 March, 2017
19 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
23 March, 2017
24 March, 2017
25 March, 2017
26 March, 2017
27 March, 2017
30 March, 2017
31 March, 2017
7 March, 2017
14 March, 2017
15 March, 2017
21 March, 2017
22 March, 2017
28 March, 2017
29 March, 2017
Customs agents detained 7 passengers, mostly Syrian nationals, after disembarking a Royal Caribbean cruise at Port Canaveral on January 29...January 31, 2017
Carnival Cruise Line will reposition 3 of its newest and largest cruise ships to new homeports 2018, expanding upon a variety of options...January 14, 2017
Port Canaveral reopens Cruise Terminal 10 this weekend following a US$35 million expansion and upgrade project which took 6 months to...November 19, 2016
Port Canaveral welcomed home its 2nd giant cruise ship in as many weeks on Saturday, November 12, as Norwegian Epic arrived to start seasonal...November 14, 2016
The cruise ship Carnival Liberty, homeported in Galveston, is experiencing technical issues affecting the maximum cruising speed of the ship. The...November 12, 2016
Canaveral Port Authority has invited its community to join in Sail-a-Bration at Jetty Park November 13 to say goodbye to Oasis of the Seas as...October 31, 2016
Disney Cruise Line introduces Bonaire, a popular Caribbean destination, into the lineup of itineraries for early 2018. Limited-time engagements...October 26, 2016
In a show of appreciation for the service, during the October Board meeting, Canaveral Port Authority approved waiving cruise parking fees for...October 25, 2016
Hurricane Matthew which brought high winds and rain, left behind minimal damage at Port Canaveral. The port is expected to resume full...October 8, 2016
Two of the biggest cruise ports in the world, Port Canaveral and Port Miami, shut down as a result of the upcoming threat of Hurricane Matthew...October 5, 2016
- show more news