Celebrity Equinox current position
Specifications of Celebrity Equinox
|Year built||2009 / Age : 11|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 750 million (2019 "Celebrity Revolution" drydock USD 70 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||317 m / 1040 ft|
|Beam (width)||36 m / 118 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||121878 gt|
|Passengers||2850 - 3420|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Silhouette, Celebrity Solstice|
|Christened by||Nina Barough|
Celebrity Equinox Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Aug 01||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas||Fort Lauderdale||$1149|
|2020 Aug 09||6 days, round-trip Key West, Cayman Cozumel||Fort Lauderdale||$989|
|2020 Aug 15||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas||Fort Lauderdale||$1449|
|2020 Aug 23||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1419|
|2020 Sep 04||10 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1289|
|2020 Sep 14||11 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1549|
|2020 Sep 25||10 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1299|
|2020 Oct 05||11 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1499|
|2020 Oct 20||6 days, round-trip Mexico, Key West Grand Cayman||Fort Lauderdale||$1139|
|2020 Oct 26||11 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1549|
|2020 Nov 06||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1529|
|2020 Nov 15||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1879|
|2020 Nov 27||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1489|
|2020 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1549|
|2020 Dec 21||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$2619|
|2021 Jan 02||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$929|
|2021 Jan 15||2 days, round-trip Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$149|
|2021 Jan 17||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$3763|
|2021 Jan 29||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1847|
|2021 Feb 07||12 days, round-trip New Orleans And Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$2963|
|2021 Feb 19||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1697|
|2021 Feb 28||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$2113|
|2021 Mar 12||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1697|
|2021 Mar 21||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$2163|
|2021 Apr 02||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1647|
|2021 Apr 11||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$2613|
|2021 May 02||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1503|
|2021 May 14||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1092|
|2021 May 23||6 days, round-trip Bahamas, Grand Cayman Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$801|
|2021 May 29||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1325|
|2021 Jun 06||6 days, round-trip Bahamas, Grand Cayman Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$851|
|2021 Jun 12||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1515|
|2021 Jun 20||6 days, round-trip Bahamas, Grand Cayman Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$931|
|2021 Jun 26||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1465|
|2021 Jul 04||6 days, round-trip Bahamas, Grand Cayman Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$931|
|2021 Jul 10||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1365|
|2021 Jul 18||6 days, round-trip Bahamas, Grand Cayman Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$901|
|2021 Jul 24||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1315|
|2021 Aug 01||6 days, round-trip Bahamas, Grand Cayman Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$851|
|2021 Aug 07||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1315|
|2021 Aug 15||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1603|
|2021 Aug 27||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1272|
|2021 Sep 05||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1603|
|2021 Sep 17||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1472|
|2021 Sep 26||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1603|
|2021 Oct 08||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
|2021 Oct 29||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
|2021 Nov 07||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1853|
|2021 Nov 19||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1522|
|2021 Nov 28||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1603|
|2021 Dec 10||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1803|
|2021 Dec 22||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$2203|
|2022 Jan 03||6 days, round-trip Mexico, Key West Grand Cayman Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$851|
|2022 Jan 09||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1903|
|2022 Jan 21||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
|2022 Jan 30||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1903|
|2022 Feb 11||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
|2022 Feb 20||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1903|
|2022 Mar 04||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
|2022 Mar 13||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1903|
|2022 Mar 25||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
|2022 Apr 03||12 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1903|
|2022 Apr 15||9 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1422|
Celebrity Equinox Review
Review of Celebrity Equinox
Launched in 2009, Celebrity Equinox is the 2nd of the Solstice-class Celebrity cruise ships, together with Eclipse, Silhouette, Solstice, and Reflection. Celebrity Cruises Equinox ship is scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on May 25, 2019.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "X" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, a large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 121,878-ton, 2,850-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Equinox started her inaugural journey on July 31, 2009. The cruise vessel gives a large variety of stateroom categories, plus Celebrity Cruises signature Concierge Class and the new AquaClass. Celebrity Equinox boasts a large theater, a lot of dining options plus a specialty restaurant for AquaClass guests, The Patio on the Lawn, a lot of bars and clubs, Solstice Deck, youth facilities, Online@Celebrity, and many other common and special features. There are new things, such as glass-blowing demonstrations and The Lawn Club, a live grass lawn between the ship's funnels on the upper deck.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Equinox itinerary program is based on Panama Canal and Western Caribbean roundtrip cruises with departures from Fort Lauderdale FL. Equinox also operates in Europe on the Mediterranean Sea voyages leaving from Athens/Piraeus, Istanbul and Barcelona, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Starting summer 2017, Celebrity Equinox offers year-round Caribbean cruises leaving roundtrip from Miami Florida.
Most Celebrity Equinox staterooms are Balcony cabins, and 85% of ship's passenger accommodations have a private balcony. There are a total of 1426 staterooms (of which 66 Suites, 1150 Balcony rooms) in 30 grades. 30 are the wheelchair-accessible rooms. The largest cabins are the Penthouse Suites (120 m2 / 1290 ft2).
The 2019 refurbishment includes refreshed staterooms and suites with stunning enhancements designed with passenger comfort in mind, now featuring Celebrity Cruises' exclusive eXhale bedding collection with King-sized Cashmere mattresses.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Celebrity's focus on dining means an abundance of options. Passengers are able to select from any time they feel hungry. The two fee-free venues on offer are The Silhouette Restaurant - Main Dining Room, and the Oceanview Cafe lido deck buffet. There is a second dining room, The Blu, exclusively for use by suite and AquaClass passengers. Added-fee specialty options open to all paying guests on Equinox include the Italian/American Tuscan Grille, the continental Murano Restaurant, and the pan-Asian Silk Harvest. More informal restaurants include the Cafe al Bacio, Bistro on Five, Gelateria, Mast Grill, and AquaSpa Cafe.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Equinox restaurants and food bars.
- Murano (78-seats specialty restaurant, reservations only; with French cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time; with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows; also features the Wine Cellar annex)
- Silhouette Restaurant (1,402-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m., or “My Time Dining”)
- Bistro on Five (68-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- The Qsine (former Silk Harvest, 88-seat Asian specialty restaurant/sushi bar, reservation only) features both the brand's exclusive Le Petit ChefTM and Friends as well as the original Le Petit ChefTM, a couple of unique dining experiences developed via a partnership with TableMationTM and SkullmappingTM using innovative 4k technology
- Blu (130-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (28-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Oceanview Cafe & Bar (768-seat indoor/outdoor self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Tuscan Grille (130-seat specialty seafood/steakhouse restaurant; reservations-only)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
For some of the best entertainment on Celebrity Equinox, head to the Lawn Club for an extraordinary demonstration of glass-blowing. Cool down with a drink just a few steps away, at the Sunset Bar at the aft of the ship. The Sin City burlesque show and late-night comedy on Deck 4 is another option. For typical cruise entertainment fare, enjoy the twice-nightly acts in Equinox Theatre, that are performed shortly after dinner seatings. In addition to the produced onboard shows, well-respected headlining acts include guest singers and musicians, magicians and theatrical productions.
The 2019 refurbishment included the launch of a new partnership with Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, boasting S.T.E.M.-focused activations and first-at-sea programming offered as part of the Camp at Sea for young vacationers. Impressive digital enhancements were also added, including the RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi. Travellers are able to experience the line's industry-first facial recognition technology via the implementation of Celebrity Cruises app, enabling expedited boarding and smooth port arrival, plus additional features like digital room keys and guest-to-guest chat.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Equinox lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Equinox Theatre (1,115-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Equinox Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment); Boulevard Shops (seven Atrium duty-free shops and boutiques); Galleria Boutiques (ten duty-free shops); Sun & Sea Shop; The Lawn Club Shop. World-class retail offerings were added in 2019, of which Kate Spade, John Hardy Boutique, and a new watch boutique featuring Hublot, Shinola, and other Swiss watch brands.
- Passport Bar (Atrium Lobby Bar with live entertainment)
- Craft Social (former Gastrobar) is a casual spot offering over 40 craft beers, wines and cocktails on tap, food favourites, flat-screen TVs, and leather seating
- The Entertainment Court (live performances, dance parties)
- Quasar Disco & Nightclub
- Celebrity Central (200-seat show lounge for movies, musical performances, comedy shows; also hosts classes and games)
- The Retreat Lounge (former Michael’s Club, piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with a 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle); Galleria Tastings (food and wine tastings, fashion shows, art auctions); Molecular Bar; Ensemble Lounge
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Equinox Fortunes Casino
- Celebrity iLounge (24-hour Internet computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Team Earth (eco-awareness club)
- Game On (Card Room)
- Relaxation Lounge
- Sky Observation Lounge & Nightclub
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (54-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library
- Acupuncture at Sea; Elmis Shop (Spa products); Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Unique new products and treatments were offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch following 2019 refurbishment, such as 3 new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs at Canyon Ranch Blow-Out Bar, Mink and Rapid Lash services, new customized facials by Reveal Machine, and more
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Pool Bar; Sports Pool;
- Family Pool;
- Wet Zone (kids & teens water play area)
- The Hot Glass Show (live glass blowing show; “The Corning Museum of Glass”)
- Sunset Bar (alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Patio on the Lawn (relaxation area); The Lawn Club (real green grass relaxation area)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; 3-hole Mini Golf putting, Lawn Bowling, Bocce, Croquet; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Equinox - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity EquinoxAdd Photo
Celebrity Equinox ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Two more cruise ships skipped scheduled visits to San Juan Puerto Rico, as demonstrators have been calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo...July 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The newly refurbished Celebrity Equinox is ready to revolutionize the way Celebrity travellers experience the Caribbean. The dramatic transformation...June 5, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Summit completed a dramatic transformation. The revitalization of the ship is the next chapter of THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, line's...March 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is joining forces with a couple of legendary names in the culinary and entertainment worlds, the Michelin-starred Chef Daniel...February 18, 2019
At least 12 people have died after a bus carrying cruise passengers from South Florida to Mayan ruins, eastern Mexico flipped over highway early...December 20, 2017
A woman alleges she was injured due to a slippery surface on a Celebrity Cruises ship. Lisa A. Hunt filed a complaint on March 6 in the U.S...March 11, 2017
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Equinox Wiki
Celebrity Cruises Equinox is from the Solstice-class liners, with sisterships Eclipse, Reflection, Silhouette, Solstice. Equinox is the second Solstice-class vessel, built for the price of USD 750 million. The inaugural cruise was on 31 July 2009. As a Solstice-class ship, Equinox is among the most environment-friendly cruise vessels. She saves up to 30% more energy than a typical one due to her equipment of an efficient hull design coated with light-emitting diodes and the photovoltaic system. Equinox staterooms are in different categories including the new cabin types (signature ConciergeClass & AquaClass). 85% of all cabins are balcony rooms. Deck layouts show a convenient configuration of public spaces (entertainment venues located forward, restaurants - aft), 10 amazing places for dining out, spacious cabins (Inside rooms are sized from 185 ft2 / 17 m2).
Equinox had a scheduled 2017 season in Europe (Mediterranean), but the vessel was redeployed instead in the USA (Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from PortMiami Florida) for summer 2017 (June, July, August).
In July 2016, Celebrity Cruises revealed that the Equinox ship starts year-round Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries out of homeport Miami in 2017. Beginning in April, the vessel (which typically repositions to Europe for the summer) offered a total of 24 departures from PortMiami, including 7-night itineraries (June through August) and 10- and 11-night roundtrips (throughout the rest of 2017). To start its ever-first Caribbean summer program, Equinox hosted an 11-night special cruise with 2 overnight stays in New Orleans (during city's famous Jazz Festival / starting April 24). Celebrity wrapped up Equinox' summer 2017 Caribbean season with a "President's Cruise" (departure August 27). On this 8-night Eastern Caribbean voyage, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo (company's President) accompanied passengers on shore excursions and also attended themed onboard events. In 2018, the liner was again Transatlantic repositioned to Europe (Mediterranean) for the summer.
Celebrity Equinox refurbishment 2019 review
The Equinox project included adding new staterooms (including Sunset Suites), upgrading all cabins with new furniture, programmable RFID door locks (wristband and card access), Bluetooth connectivity, adding The Retreat Sundeck (exclusive suite passengers-only relaxation complex, fka Solstice Deck), redesigning Oceanview Cafe (Deck 14). Cabin upgrades also included all bathrooms, new LED lighting, carpeting, drapes, bed linens, artworks.
Lawn Club was updated with 8 Alcoves and a large-size outdoor LED screen for movies. Sunset Bar was upgraded with a shaded lounge, banquette seating and hammocks. Xcelerate Wi-Fi Internet is now shipwide. The Fitness Center was upgraded with new cardio and weight equipment by Technogym. Onboard retail shopping was upgraded by adding the boutiques What Goes Around Comes Around (1993-established authentic luxury vintage merchandise), TARBAY (Venezuela-made jewellery), Lemlem (Africa-made shoes, handbags, resort wear), Tao Company Jewelry by Vanessa Arcila (Colombia-made jewellery), Point B (new destination shop), Hublot (luxury Swiss watches), Shinola (luxury watches, jewellery, premium leather goods).
Renovations were done to Photo Gallery, Art Gallery, iLounge. Redesigned were Casino Lounge, Casino Bar, Library. Renovations also received the Solarium and Pool Deck (deck 10). Upgrades were also made to all crew areas (cabins, gym, recreational spaces, outdoor bar lounge, laundry facilities).
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Revolution program (USD 0,5 billion) is fleetwide (9 liners) and includes:
- Renovations to all staterooms and public spaces - to bring the onboard amenities and services up to the Edge-class ship standards. For staterooms were contracted HBA (Hirsch Bedner Associates (US-based hospitality interior design company) and Kelly Hoppen (UK-based interior designer).
- All staterooms are upgraded with eXhale bedding sets (premium cashmere mattresses) and high-tech amenities (RFID locks, Bluetooth, Xcelerate / Wi-Fi Internet).
- Adding "The Retreat" - adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, two Jacuzzies / spa pools, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) is redesigned, new (custom-made) menus by chef Cornelius Gallagher are introduced.
- The new Qsine Restaurant offers "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping artists and presented by TableMation Studios exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe and Sunset Bar are redesigned, as well as most public venues
- In the SPA is added expanded SEA Thermal Suite.
- Retail shops are expanded with new brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewellery, premium leather goods).
Celebrity Equinox User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review