Norwegian Jade current position
Current itinerary of Norwegian Jade
Norwegian Jade current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes. Prices start from USD 649 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 02 Oct, 2022 and ends on 09 Oct, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|02 Oct 18:00||Departing from Piraeus-Athens, Greece hotels|
|03 Oct 06:30 - 12:30||Kusadasi, Ephesus, Turkey|
|04 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Rhodes Island, Greece|
|04 Oct 18:30 - 23:59||Patmos Island, Greece|
|05 Oct 07:00 - 16:00||Mykonos Island, Greece|
|06 Oct 10:00 - 18:00||Kefalonia Island, Argostoli-Fiskardo, Greece|
|07 Oct 07:00 - 15:00||Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece|
|08 Oct 12:30 - 21:30||Santorini Island, Thira, Greece|
|09 Oct 06:00||Arriving in Piraeus-Athens, Greece hotels|
Specifications of Norwegian Jade
|Year built||2006 / Age: 16|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 390 million|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||38 m / 125 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||93558 gt|
|Passengers||2402 - 2882|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Christened by||Daniel Inouye|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
Norwegian Jade Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Sep 25||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$649|
|2022 Oct 02||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$649|
|2022 Oct 09||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$949|
|2022 Oct 16||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$599|
|2022 Oct 23||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$499|
|2022 Oct 30||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$549|
|2022 Nov 06||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$479|
|2022 Nov 13||19 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Dubai||Piraeus-Athens||$1949|
|2022 Dec 02||19 days, one-way from Dubai to Cape Town||Dubai||$1999|
|2022 Dec 21||12 days, round-trip Africa South Africa Namibia||Cape Town||$1049|
|2023 Jan 02||12 days, round-trip Africa South Africa Namibia||Cape Town||$1249|
|2023 Jan 14||12 days, round-trip Africa South Africa Namibia||Cape Town||$1349|
|2023 Jan 26||18 days, one-way from Cape Town to Dubai||Cape Town||$2599|
|2023 Feb 13||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus-Athens||Dubai||$2799|
|2023 Mar 03||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece, Turkey, Israel Cyprus||Piraeus-Athens||$849|
|2023 Mar 12||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece, Turkey, Israel Cyprus||Piraeus-Athens||$819|
|2023 Mar 21||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece, Turkey, Israel Cyprus||Piraeus-Athens||$819|
|2023 Mar 30||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece Turkey||Piraeus-Athens||$819|
|2023 Apr 08||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece, Turkey, Israel Cyprus||Piraeus-Athens||$819|
|2023 Apr 17||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece, Turkey, Israel Cyprus||Piraeus-Athens||$819|
|2023 Apr 26||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece Turkey||Piraeus-Athens||$1029|
|2023 May 05||9 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greece Turkey||Piraeus-Athens||$1379|
|2023 May 14||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$1089|
|2023 May 21||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$1099|
|2023 May 28||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1249|
|2023 Jun 04||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$1149|
|2023 Jun 11||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$1099|
|2023 Jun 18||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1279|
|2023 Jun 25||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$1079|
|2023 Jul 02||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$999|
|2023 Jul 09||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1099|
|2023 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$1049|
|2023 Jul 23||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$1049|
|2023 Jul 30||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1049|
|2023 Aug 06||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$949|
|2023 Aug 13||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$949|
|2023 Aug 17||5 days, round-trip Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea Mediterranean III||Piraeus-Athens|
|2023 Aug 20||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1049|
|2023 Aug 27||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$979|
|2023 Sep 03||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$1099|
|2023 Sep 10||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1099|
|2023 Sep 17||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$1399|
|2023 Sep 24||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$999|
|2023 Oct 01||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$1099|
|2023 Oct 08||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini Israel||Piraeus-Athens||$1199|
|2023 Oct 15||7 days, round-trip Greek Isles Santorini, Mykonos Rhodes||Piraeus-Athens||$999|
|2023 Oct 22||12 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Lisbon||Piraeus-Athens||$1601|
|2023 Nov 03||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to New York||Lisbon||$1001|
|2023 Nov 19||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$645|
|2023 Nov 26||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba Barbados||Tampa||$1337|
|2023 Dec 10||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba Barbados||Tampa||$1139|
|2023 Dec 24||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$904|
|2023 Dec 31||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$904|
|2024 Jan 07||5 days, round-trip Bahamas Key West Great Stirrup Cay||Tampa||$553|
|2024 Jan 12||4 days, round-trip Bahamas Great Stirrup Cay Key West||Tampa||$451|
|2024 Jan 16||11 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba Dominican Republic||Tampa||$1042|
|2024 Jan 27||11 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba Dominican Republic||Tampa||$1042|
|2024 Feb 07||11 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba Dominican Republic||Tampa||$1135|
|2024 Feb 18||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$839|
|2024 Feb 25||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Curacao, Aruba Barbados||Tampa||$1577|
|2024 Mar 10||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$885|
|2024 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$885|
|2024 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$885|
|2024 Mar 31||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Harvest Caye, Cozumel Roatan||Tampa||$931|
Norwegian Jade Review
Review of Norwegian Jade
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American). In 2017, the brand NCL had a worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue). NCLH (shipowner) owns the brands NCL, Oceania and RSSC-Regent.
The 2200-passenger ship Norwegian Jade has a similar exterior appearance to the Norwegian Star (operational since 2001) and the Norwegian Dawn (2002). However, the interior design and amenities are quite different and merit Norwegian Jade having a Jewel Class design. All dining and entertainment options are almost the same on all ship owned by NCL. The unique thing on Norwegian Jade is that the vessel is definitely international. There are people from different countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, Japan.
Decks and Cabins
Norwegian Jade staterooms (1201 total, in 36 grades) include 181x Suites, 360x Balcony, 243x Oceanview and 417 Inside cabins. Most staterooms are sized 140-160 ft2 (13-15 m2). The largest accommodations are the 3-Bedroom The Haven Garden Villa (2320 ft2 / 216 m2, with terrace sized 1035 ft2 / 96 m2).
The boat has 15 decks, of which 12 are passenger-accessible and 8 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
All meals are open seating and the choice of food is quite unrivaled, including from a steakhouse and Tepannyaki to French, Italian, tapas, sushi, buffets and even a 24-hour cafe, complete with English breakfast. Alizar and Grand Pacific are Norwegian Jade's main dining rooms. Open seating breakfast and lunch are provided in one of the two, both are open for dinner, and walk-ins are welcome in the evening. An electronic system onboard Norwegian Jade cuts down on wait times and lines in the restaurants. Monitors throughout the corridors reveal how busy the eateries are, with a bar ranging from green (come on in) to red (crowded). This screen acts as an electronic hostess and lets guests know how long the wait is for a table for four, for example, and where parties are being accepted.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Jade restaurants and food bars.
- Alizar Restaurant (forward Dining Room, complimentary, with Your Time dining)
- Le Bistro (French speciality dinner-only restaurant; reservations-only; US$20 cover charge)
- Jasmine Garden (Asian restaurant, dinner-only, complimentary since 2015)
- Sushi Bar (10-seat Jasmine Garden restaurant, a la carte); Sake Bar (inside Jasmine Garden)
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi speciality, reservations-only restaurant; US$25; open for Lunch and Dinner; features live cooking demonstrations)
- Grand Pacific Restaurant (aft-location Dining Room; complimentary; Freestyle dining)
- Blue Lagoon (buffet restaurant for fast food; complimentary)
- Bali Hai Bar & Grill (complimentary fast food bar)
- Cagney’s Steakhouse (speciality dinner restaurant for prime steaks and gourmet seafood specialities; reservations-only, US$30 cover charge per person and free Kids Menu)
- Bali Hai Bar & Grill (complimentary burgers and grills)
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse; reservations-only; US$20 per person cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area; moved to deck 13 during 2017 refit and outfitted with floor-to-ceiling windows and a glass door entrance)
- La Cucina (Italian speciality restaurant; reservations-only, US$15 cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area); Papa's (Italian)
- Garden Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant with various cuisine stations); Kid's Cafe
- The Great Outdoors (outdoor buffet restaurant, complimentary)
- Topsiders Bar & Grill (poolside, complimentary)
- O’Sheehan's Bar & Grill
- The Pit Stop (poolside grill).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The 2-level Stardust Theater is the main venue for Broadway- and Vegas-style reviews. The entertainment options range from the standard song and dance review or cabaret to the more offbeat sing-along. There is a nightly variable 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. show, with one comedy or variety act and one standard Vegas or Broadway revue. One of the most exciting experiences is the crew variety show, always held on the final evening. High atop the ship is the secondary showroom, Jade's Spinnaker Lounge. It serves different purposes during the day. In the afternoon, passenger participation games take place. At night, The Second City troupe features a mixture of comedy, lounge music, and cabaret. The ship also has 7 jacuzzis and 3 pools (Sapphire Kid’s Pool). Entertainment options also include the NCL's FIREWORKS show (on each voyage), "Rock of Ages", "Cirque Dreams", "Illusionarium" (magicians show).
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("NCL Kids"), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry. NCL Jade tipping/gratuities are US$12 pp per day. Norwegian Jade cruise ship not only allows weddings on board - she has a chapel.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Jade lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Stardust Theatre (1042-seat; features Broadway-style musical productions; two grand shows per night)
- Bar City complex (Tankards Beer & Whisky Bar, Mixers Martini & Cocktail Bar and Magnum’s Champagne & Wine Bar); Cigar Bar; Topsiders Bar; Star Bar
- Medusa Lounge & Nightclub
- Spinnaker Lounge (394-seat, with floor-to-ceiling windows; serves as disco & night club); Java Cafe
- Aloha Atrium (2-deck midship hub area with a big-size LED screen, dance area and live entertainment)
- Atrium Cafe & Bar (speciality tea & coffee bar)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour); Art Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop
- LifeStyles Room; Library; Card Room;
- Jade Club Casino
- Galleria Boutiques/Shopping Alley (tax and duty-free shops)
- Ying & Yang Spa complex (Thermal Suite, Snow Room, Salt Room, Medi Spa, Smile Spa, Treatment Rooms, Beauty Salon, Barber Shop); Body Waves Fitness Centre; Waikiki Beach Pool; Sapphire Kid’s Pool
- Tree Top Kid’s Club; Wipe Out Teen’s Lounge & Disco Club; Video Games Arcade
- The Haven area Courtyard Fitness & Spa complex (Villas-guests only, Steam Room, Gym)
- Rock Climbing Wall; Combined sports court; Jogging Track; Golf Nets; Shuffleboard, Giant Chess
- During drydock 2017 refurbishment was added O’Sheehan's Bar & Grill, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, The Cellars (Mondavi Family Wine Bar), Los Lobos Cantina (Mexican restaurant), The Pit Stop (poolside grill), Bliss Ultra Lounge.
Norwegian Jade itinerary program is based on Mediterranean cruises from Civitavecchia-Rome and Venice to Turkey, Greece and the Greek Isles, and also to ports on the French and Italian Riviera coasts in the Western Mediterranean.
In 2017, for the first time ever, NCL homeported a ship (Jade) in Hamburg Germany. The itineraries were 6- and 8-night Western Europe, 8- and 9-night Norwegian Fjords, 11-night Norway and North Cape, and one 13-night Norway, Iceland and UK. Alternatively, roundtrip departures were offered from Amsterdam Holland and Southampton England.
In summer 2018, the ship had scheduled Norway, Iceland and North Cape cruises from Southampton and Hamburg. In 2018-2019, the ship offered Southern Caribbean itineraries from homeport Miami (Florida USA) - 11-day and 14-day roundtrip Panama Canal cruises from Tampa and Miami.
Following the Coronavirus crisis, in early-April 2021, NCL announced new schedules for the ships Jade (7-day Mediterranean-Greek Islands from Piraeus-Athens/starting July 25), Joy (7-day Caribbean from Montego Bay Jamaica/starting August 15) and Gem (7-day Caribbean from La Romana Dominican Republic/starting August 15). Previously, the boats were planned to restart as follows - Joy (October 19, 2021/Caribbean from Miami), Gem (Oct 29, 2021/Bermuda from NYC), Jade (January 2, 2022/South Africa from Cape Town).
The ship's winter 2021-2022 program (December thru February) was canceled. It featured NCL's first roundtrips from Cape Town South Africa. A 12-day "Extraordinary Journeys" included visits to Namibia (Luderitz, Walvis Bay) and Durban, with overnights in Richards Bay and Cape Town. NCL Jade restarted operations on March 3, 2022, in the Mediterranean.
Norwegian Jade - user reviews and comments
Photos of Norwegian JadeAdd Photo
Norwegian Jade ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line marked the successful return of Norwegian Escape, the first liner of the brand's Breakaway-Plus class, to Europe. Back in...July 24, 2022
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line on Monday, May 9, celebrated the completion of its Great Cruise Comeback with the voyage of Norwegian Spirit, the 17th and...May 10, 2022
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced additional sailing cancellations on top of those announced last week. A total of 11x NCL ships are...January 12, 2022
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced the cancellation of sailings on 8 ships, citing "ongoing travel restrictions." Norwegian Getaway's voyage set to...January 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Dawn became the 10th ship in the NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line fleet to resume operations. The liner welcomed passengers back on December 8...December 9, 2021
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line canceled 5 sailings in response to the new COVID variant "Omicron", while other cruise shipping companies said they were...November 30, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line restarted voyages on November 13, 2021, aboard Norwegian Escape from Port Canaveral (Orlando, Florida) to the Eastern...November 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line continues its Great Cruise Comeback with the restart of its 7th ship, Norwegian Bliss, sailing week-long cruises to the...October 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line celebrates its return to East Coast USA with Norwegian Breakaway ship commencing 7-day Bermuda roundtrips from NYC New York...September 27, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line marked another milestone in the company's Great Cruise Comeback via the redeployment of the Norwegian Epic and Norwegian...September 13, 2021
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Jade Wiki
Between 2006 and 2008, this vessel served in the NCL America company’s fleet under the name "Pride of Hawaii". In NCL America's fleet, it had as a fleet mate the sistership Pride of Aloha (now Norwegian Sky).
The NCL Jade ship was christened on May 22, 2006, in a ceremony at San Pedro Pier in LA, California. The selection of Senator Inouye as "Godfather" of NCL Pride of Hawaii, was an innovative step by Norwegian since this role is traditionally played by women.
JADE is of the Jewel-class Norwegian vessels. Her sisters in the fleet are the NCL ships Gem, Jewel and Pearl. The initial intent was JADE to have a design similar to that of Pride of America but later was decided to be enlarged (NCL Jewel-design).
In 2007 the NCL company announced they will permanently relocate the vessel from Hawaii due to substantial revenue losses. In early 2008 NCLH deployed the ship in Europe. Its last Honolulu departure was on Feb 4, 2008. The vessel went to dry-dock for some changes (new livery, casino, new name) to become "Norwegian Jade". However, she still keeps her Hawaii-themed interior decor (many flowers and landscapes throughout onboard venues and public spaces).
NCL Jade refurbishment 2017 review
Ship's 2017 drydock (March 7 - April 3) was in Freeport Bahamas and resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- Atrium's décor was changed. The old chandelier was replaced with a new one.
- Over 2250 new artworks were installed throughout the ship (including in all cabins).
- All staterooms were updated and upgraded with new furniture, carpeting, flat TVs, bed headboards (with USB outlets for device charging).
- The Haven suite complex' Haven Courtyard was refurbished (new finishes on outdoor deck areas, swimming pool, hot tubs). New deck furniture and cabanas were added.
- Main pool deck areas were also updated.
- Spinnaker Lounge (deck 13) was upgraded, as well as the Fitness Centre (deck 12, new TechnoGym equipment).
- The Haven suites and villas were all renovated with new furniture, finishes, wallpapers, carpeting, drapery, artworks.
- 2 new restaurants were added - O’Sheehan's Bar and Grill, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, The Cellars (Mondavi Family Wine Bar), Los Lobos Cantina (Mexican restaurant), The Pit Stop (poolside grill, deck 13).
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse restaurant) was moved from deck 8 to deck 13. The restaurant was redesigned and outfitted with floor-ceiling windows and glass-door entrance.
- Bliss Ultra Lounge (nightclub) was added on deck 7.
- All other onboard eateries were updated (new carpeting, artworks, upholstery, window treatments), including La Cucina (Italian restaurant, deck 12), Cagney’s Steakhouse (deck 13), Teppanyaki Room (deck 7), Jasmine Garden (deck 7), Garden Cafe (deck 12). Cagney’s Steakhouse now has additional seating and a new virtual fireplace. La Cucina has a new wine wall.
- During drydock 2017, NCL Jade was retrofitted with new "scrubbers" (exhaust gas cleaning systems). The new scrubber technology reduces the equivalent of approx 1500 tons of the poisonous gas Sulfur Oxide. Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise company retrofitting with a scrubber hybrid system vessels while in service. The new in-line scrubbers (5 units) are lightweight and able to operate in a dry mode, as well as in open and closed loops.
Drydock 2017 was part of NCL's "Norwegian Edge" program for fleetwide upgrades (2-year project budgeted USD 400 million). Each drydock costs around USD 35-40 million.
NCL Jade refurbishment 2011 review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2011 drydock refurbishment includes:
- (Deck 8) the new "Moderno" restaurant replaced the old “Paniolo’s”.
- Stardust Theater was renovated and technically updated and enhanced.
- All passenger and crew cabins were upgraded with new flat TVs. Wheelchair-accessible rooms were also updated.
- The onboard Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to shipwide.
- New aerobics room was added in the Spa-Gym complex.
- Among the other renovations are new carpeting and tiling, silk plants.
Norwegian Jade User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review