MSC Seashore current position
Current itinerary of MSC Seashore
MSC Seashore current cruise is 14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas. Prices start from USD 999 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 20 Nov, 2021 and ends on 04 Dec, 2021.
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Nov 17:00||Departing from Miami, Florida hotels|
|22 Nov 07:00 - 15:00||Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya|
|23 Nov 10:00 - 18:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|24 Nov 07:00 - 16:00||Montego Bay, Jamaica|
|26 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||MSC Ocean Cay, Bahamas private island|
|27 Nov 06:00 - 17:00||Miami, Florida|
|29 Nov 17:00 - 30 Nov 01:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|30 Nov 07:00 - 14:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|01 Dec 10:00 - 18:00||Amber Cove, Dominicana, Puerto Plata|
|03 Dec 07:00 - 18:00||MSC Ocean Cay, Bahamas private island|
|04 Dec 06:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida hotels|
Specifications of MSC Seashore
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Class||MSC Seaside EVO|
|Building cost||EUR 900 million (USD 1 billion)|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||339 m / 1112 ft|
|Beam (width)||41 m / 135 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||169500 gt|
|Passengers||4560 - 5877|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Christened by||Sophia Loren|
MSC Seashore Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Nov 20||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$999|
|2021 Nov 27||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$869|
|2021 Nov 27||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$419|
|2021 Dec 04||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$809|
|2021 Dec 04||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$329|
|2021 Dec 11||12 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$699|
|2021 Dec 11||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$319|
|2021 Dec 18||12 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$1379|
|2021 Dec 18||5 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$289|
|2021 Dec 23||16 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$1839|
|2021 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$689|
|2021 Dec 30||16 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$1749|
|2021 Dec 30||9 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$979|
|2022 Jan 08||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$899|
|2022 Jan 08||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$389|
|2022 Jan 15||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$879|
|2022 Jan 15||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$389|
|2022 Jan 22||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$849|
|2022 Jan 22||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$329|
|2022 Jan 29||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$849|
|2022 Jan 29||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$389|
|2022 Feb 05||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$819|
|2022 Feb 05||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$429|
|2022 Feb 12||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$869|
|2022 Feb 12||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$459|
|2022 Feb 19||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$869|
|2022 Feb 19||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$439|
|2022 Feb 26||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$839|
|2022 Feb 26||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$439|
|2022 Mar 05||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$869|
|2022 Mar 05||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$429|
|2022 Mar 12||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$909|
|2022 Mar 12||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$469|
|2022 Mar 19||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$959|
|2022 Mar 19||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$519|
|2022 Mar 26||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$999|
|2022 Mar 26||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$469|
|2022 Apr 02||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$959|
|2022 Apr 02||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$449|
|2022 Apr 09||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$449|
|2022 Apr 09||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$1019|
|2022 Apr 16||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$929|
|2022 Apr 16||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$449|
|2022 Apr 23||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$449|
|2022 May 07||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$959|
|2022 May 28||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$1399|
|2022 May 28||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$1029|
|2022 Jul 02||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$2639|
|2022 Jul 02||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$779|
|2022 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$819|
|2022 Aug 06||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$939|
|2022 Aug 13||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$879|
|2022 Aug 27||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$2929|
|2022 Sep 10||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$619|
|2022 Sep 17||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$989|
|2022 Sep 17||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$589|
|2022 Oct 01||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$5599|
|2022 Oct 08||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$719|
|2022 Oct 15||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Bahamas||Miami||$699|
MSC Seashore Review
Review of MSC Seashore
The 2021-built MSC Seashore cruise ship is MSC's 19th liner and also the first Seaside EVO-Class vessel - with sistership MSC Seascape (2022).
History - construction and ownership
MSC Cruises (MSC Crociere) is a passenger shipping company headquartered in Genoa and Naples. It was established in 1960. Today, MSC Crociere is a subsidiary of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) - the world's 2nd largest containership company. MSC is the world's largest privately/family-owned cruise company. By annual passenger shipping volumes, MSC is ranked the world's 4th largest cruise company - after Carnival Corporation, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group and NCLH-Norwegian.
In November 2017 MSC ordered 2x "Seaside EVO" class ships from Fincantieri (contract value EUR 1,8 billion). The new vessels are bigger (16 m longer, 17330 GT-tons larger, with 200 more cabins / 467 more passengers) in comparison to Seaview and Seaside. Newbuilds' deliveries were scheduled for 2021 (Seashore) and 2023 (Seascape). With Seaside EVO, MSC had a total investment of EUR 10,5 billion into 12 new vessels with scheduled deliveries by 2026.
The 4500-passenger "Seaside EVO" ship design is an enlarged version of MSC's Seaside-Class. Both classes were developed for year-round operations in warm climates. This explains signature features like large-sized outdoor areas, top-deck ropes course, 5-slide water park, 3x glass-floored catwalks, glass-walled (oceanview) elevators, wraparound Promenade Deck (lined with shops-bars-restaurants with both indoor-outdoor seating). Seaside-EVO ships have larger MSC Yacht Club (Suite-only complex), larger public areas, more outdoor whirlpools, more specialty restaurants with alfresco dining areas (on Promenade Deck 8), more staterooms.
Among vessels' technological features are advanced water- and garbage treatment plants, latest-generation scrubbers (pollution control technology removing particulates some gases from ship's exhaust streams), optimized hull, anti-fouling paints (specialized underwater hull coating), advanced heat recovery system, LED lighting (throughout). The vessel is fully compliant with IMO's "Safe Return to Port" requirement (how long the cruise ship should remain safe for evacuation).
Seashore is also one of the "smart ships" series and part of MSC's EUR 13,6 billion (10-year / 2017-2027) fleet expansion program that includes 17 newbuilds - up to a combined fleet of 29 liners.
MSC Seashore is fitted with new technologies specifically designed to improve passengers' onboard digital experience. MSC partnered with Samsung to support NFC (near-field communication) technology enabling passengers to use digital devices (smartphones, cruise card, bracelets) to geolocate themselves (and their relatives, kids, travel companions), to access their staterooms or make onboard payments. Interactive screens throughout the ship allow real-time booking (cruise and tours) and making reservations (dining, spa, beauty treatments). Beacon technology sends location-based, customized notifications to passengers' phones as they move around the ship. Beacons are triggered whenever a connected device moves into their vicinity.
Decks and Cabins
MSC Seashore staterooms (2270 total) are in 34 categories. The largest category is the YC Royal Suite (615 ft2). Seashore's cabins and suites include 14x aft-facing corner suites, 28x suites with outdoor jacuzzi (on the balcony), 6x bow-facing Grand Suites (2-bedroom, with swimming pools on the balcony), terraced suites (overlooking Promenade Deck), cluster cabins (for large families), 75x wheelchair-accessible cabins for disabled passengers (including 43x Inside, 8x Oceanview, 26x Balcony, 4x Suite).
Family staterooms' max occupancy varies between 6 (SUPERFAMILY) and 10 (SUPERFAMILY PLUS) passengers.
The boat has 19 decks, of which 12 are passenger-accessible and 11 with cabins.
MSC Seashore decks are named after iconic lighthouses around the globe, including:
- Farol da Barra Lighthouse (Salvador de Bahia, Brazil)
- Tower/Torre de Hercules Lighthouse (La Coruna Spain) - world's oldest
- Green Point Lighthouse (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Nugget Point Lighthouse (Otago coast, South Island, New Zealand)
- Ocean Cay Lighthouse (MSC's private island Ocean Cay, Bahamas)
- Peggys Point Lighthouse (Peggy's Cove, NS Canada)
- Chania Lighthouse (Chania, Crete Island Greece)
- Santa Marta Lighthouse (Cascais, Portugal)
- Start Point Lighthouse (Devon England)
- Rotes Kliff Lighthouse (Sylt Island, Germany)
- San Juan del Salvamento Lighthouse (Isla de los Estados, Tierra del Fuego Argentina)
- Cape Byron Lighthouse (NSW Australia)
- Boston Light Lighthouse (Little Brewster Island, Boston Harbor, Massachusetts USA)
- Bell Rock Lighthouse (Angus Scotland)
- Lanterna di Genova Lighthouse (Genoa Italy)
- La Jument Lighthouse (Brittany France)
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
New dining options on MSC Seashore include the Fusion Restaurant (specialty) and VIP Fine Dining Restaurant. Ship's eateries offer cuisine specialties from all around the world, including Pan-Asian (premium steakhouse and seafood restaurant via a partnership with chef Roy Yamaguchi, with Chef's Table experience).
The ship offers 10x large-capacity eateries - 5x select restaurants (3x MDRs /main dining rooms, Aurea Restaurant, Yacht Club Restaurant), 5x themed food venues (Seafood Restaurant, Steak House, Teppanyaki, Sushi Bar, Bistrot) plus 20x specialty bars and lounges.
Follows the complete list of MSC Seashore restaurants and food bars.
- 3 main restaurants (complimentary dining rooms/MDRs) offer traditional Italian cuisine and wines. Dining rooms are open for Breakfast (7-9:30 am), Lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings (7 pm and 9:30 pm) with a 7-course dinner menu (always includes vegan and vegetarian dishes).
- Aurea Restaurant (Suite-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (YC-category staterooms only)
- Marketplace Buffet & Restaurant (complimentary) is completely redesigned (in comparison to other fleetmates), divided into three large sections (Il Mercato, La Piazza, La Trattoria) and has a new alfresco dining area (Sky Bar), with total indoor seats 1100.
- Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar (specialty Japanese restaurant/at surcharge) features conveyor belt food delivery.
- Butcher's Cut is new for MSC specialty Steakhouse restaurant with alfresco seating (on the Waterfront Promenade).
- Ocean Cay by Ramon Freixa (specialty seafood restaurant/at surcharge)
- HOLA! Tacos & Cantina (specialty restaurant offering traditional Latin American and Mexican food)
- Fusion Restaurant (specialty/at surcharge)
- Bistrot (specialty/at surcharge)
- Chef's Court (deck 8) is new for MSC restaurant with both indoor/outdoor seating (on the Waterfront Promenade).
- VIP Restaurant (exclusive)
- Tribeca Restaurant
- 5th Avenue Restaurant
- Manhattan Restaurant
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
MSC Seashore's cruising concept focuses on outdoor spaces (public and cabin balconies), several outdoor/alfresco dining venues, 20 bars and lounges, 12 restaurants, outdoor wellness complex (spa and fitness with advanced Kinesis Technogym equipment), MSC Yacht Club (exclusive top-grade cabin complex with its own restaurant, bar lounge, solarium, sundeck, swimming pool).
The high-tech theater lounge is the venue for the evening Broadway-style production shows with compelling entertainment based on professional performers and top-notch media equipment. Passengers can also enjoy ship's 5D Cinema, VR Maze, Rafting simulator, Formula 1 simulator (virtual-reality racing cars).
The family offerings onboard are expanded (compared to the Seaside-class ships) with a bigger kids playground area and larger interactive waterpark (Pirate Cove-themed). MSC Seashore has one of the biggest water attractions at sea. To kids 1 to 3 years of age are offered supervised activities and games via MSC's partnership with Chicco. Children 3 to 11 years old can participate in numerous fun activities via MSC's partnership with LEGO. A dedicated LEGO Room is equipped with LEGO's trademarked brick toys available for MSC's Mini Club and Juniors Club (children-only lounges). Every voyage includes a special LEGO-themed event (named LEGO Experience On Board) a full day at sea dedicated to the LEGO-based family gaming.
MSC Seashore has two teenager clubs - one for 12-14-year-olds and one for 15-17-year-olds. Depending on the time of day, a dedicated teens-only area serves as a PC/Playstation gaming room, disco, cinema.
Signature activity areas on Seashore include Adventure Trail (outdoor playground with rope courses, net bridges, crawl-through slides) and Zip-Line (length 130 m / 427 ft). The aqua park has 5 waterslides, an interactive Slideboarding tube (combining video games, music, lights, 112-m long waterslide), Aquatube (innertube waterslide), two high-speed racing slides, and one flume-type (family) waterslide. The ship's aquapark also has 2 separate kids' playgrounds (AquaPlay and AquaSpray).
Among the cruise liner's complimentary amenities are also the 24-hour room service and supervised youth program, shipwide WiFI Internet access, laundry service. Follows the complete list of MSC Seashore lounges, clubs, and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Art Gallery, Photo Gallery & Shop
- Seashore Atrium (served by Atrium Bar)
- Two Theaters (main show lounges) including the 2-level Madison Theater
- Boulevard du Cabaret
- Le Cabaret Rouge (2-deck bar lounge)
- Shopping Arcade with duty-free shops (selling jewelry, brand fashion clothing and accessories, perfumes and cosmetics, brand watches and glasses, MSC-logoed merchandise), Boutique Monobrand, MSC Galleria Shopping Area
- Top Sail Lounge (2-deck bar lounge with live music, gourmet canapes, complimentary beverages)
- Uptown Lounge
- MSC Aurea Bar
- La Piazza
- Chocolate Factory
- Venchi 1878 Gelato (ice cream and creperie bar by Venchi / Italian gourmet chocolate manufacturer)
- Venchi 1878 Chocolate Bar (patisserie by Venchi)
- Casino (gambling lounge served by Casino Bar)
- Cocktail Bar, Sky Bar, Shine Bar, Horizon Bar, The Wine Cellar, Champagne & Wine Bar
- Times Square
- 5D Cinema
- Rafting simulator
- F1 car simulator
- 2x bowling lanes (full-size bowling alleys)
- 4x twisting waterslides
- Zip-Line (length 130 m / 427 ft)
- Disco Nightclub and Bar
- Creperie and Ice Cream areas
- Spa Wellness complex (with swimming pool and Jacuzzi), Solarium (sundeck), Yoga Studios, Nail Salon & Boutique, Massages and Treatments Rooms, Medi SPA, Beauty Salon, Barber Shop, Jean Louis David Hair Salon (hairdresser, hair treatments), Spa Reception, Spa Doctor
- Top 19 Solarium (exclusive Yacht Club sundeck)
- MSC Gym by Technogym (Fitness Centre with External Gym Area)
- MSC Business Center
- Pool Room, Broadcasting Room (the ship's TV production studio)
- Sports Bar
- Liberty Plaza
- Brooklyn Cafe
- Comedy Club Bar
- MSC Yacht Club (Suite complex of top-tier cabin grades)
- VIP Bar Lounge, Family Lounge, Jungle Pool Lounge
- 6x swimming pools, Spa Pool, Lido Pool, Raised Pool, Indoor Pool Bar
- Long Island Pool (served by Long Island Bar) is the ship's main swimming pool with 2 different water depths (swimming and standing). The area features a 360-degree water fountain island (located in the center), a lounge space (within the pool), 6x Jacuzzis (2x Infinity). Long Island Pool and Pirates Cove Aquapark are interconnected.
- Pirates Cove Aqua Park with waterslides, Kids Playground
- Jungle Pool covered by Magrodome (retractable/slide-opening glass roof that can be closed to create an indoor relaxation/entertainment area)
- Jungle Pool Lounge & Beach Bar
- 1x aft Infinity Pool (with half-submerged concrete loungers/extends directly to the stern), 2x Infinity Jacuzzis (portside and starboard/10-seat each), Infinity Bar, Infinity Bridge
- "Bridge of Sighs" is a panoramic catwalk (glass-floored walking platform with glass railings) located 22 m / 72 ft above the Infinity Pool (aft on Deck 8).
- Children's Area houses Young Club (teenagers 12-14-yo), Teen Club (15-17-yo), Junior Club LEGO, Mini Club LEGO, Baby Club CHICCO, Doremi Land, Doremi Studio, VR Maze (virtual reality room), Hall of Games (virtual gaming lounge with arcade machines), Reception (for the kids' facilities).
- Adventure Trail is a 2-deck outdoor playground with Rope Courses, Net Bridges, crawl-through slides
- MSC Sports Arena (multi-sports court for playing volleyball, basketball, football, tennis) with stadium seating and a large outdoor movie screen.
Seashore's "MSC Yacht Club" is currently the fleet's largest (total area 32000 ft2 / 2973 m2). The all-inclusive Suite complex (ship-within-a-ship concept) accommodates the highest paying passengers (YC cabin categories only). It spreads over 4 decks and features a 3-deck high Onyx Wall (back-lit), Swarovski crystal-covered staircases, Top Sail Lounge (bar lounge with live music, gourmet canapes, complimentary beverages), exclusive restaurant (breakfast-lunch-dinner, premium wine list, daily-changed a la carte menu), poolside bar and grill. The private sundeck and pool area were expanded to 21000+ ft2 (1950 m2), with a bigger swimming pool and a panoramic Jacuzzi (8-seats, with individual controlled jets). The complex houses 131x Suites plus 2x Owners Suites (new category cabins sized 1054 ft2 / 98 m2) with larger terraces (outdoor hot tub, glass wall, dining, and sundeck areas).
Seashore ship's outdoor deck space is also the fleet's largest (~13000 m2 / 140000 ft2) and includes the 540-m (1772-ft) long Promenade lined up with outdoor bars and dining venues.
MSC Seashore itinerary program (at least the inaugural cruise season) is based on 7-day Western Mediterranean cruises leaving roundtrip from homeports in Spain, Italy and France - Barcelona, Naples, Genoa, Marseille. Call ports include Messina (Sicily), Portofino (Italian Riviera) and Valletta (Malta).
Based on its design, during winter the liner could be deployed in the Caribbean (homeport TBA) and will eventually offer repositioning cruises (Transatlantic crossings between USA and Europe-Mediterranean) in Spring and Fall.
MSC Seashore - user reviews and comments
Photos of MSC SeashoreAdd Photo
MSC Seashore ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises on Saturday, November 27, celebrated the christening in Dubai (Port Rashid-Dubai Harbour, UAE) of its new flagship, MSC Virtuosa, just...November 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises celebrated the official naming of its newest liner - MSC Seashore, which is also the largest cruise ship built in Italy. The christening...November 20, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises on Thursday (November 18) celebrated the float out of the line's next flagship MSC Seascape at Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard (near...November 18, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises welcomed the announcement of the U.S. government that November 8 will be the date that international passengers from many parts of the...October 19, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises revealed that the flagship (and the fleet's newest ship) MSC Seashore would be officially named at Ocean Cay (MSC's private island in The...October 8, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On Friday, August 6, MSC Cruises' newest ship MSC Seashore is due to set sail on her maiden voyage from the port of Barcelona, Spain. The...August 6, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Meraviglia on August 3, 2021, became the latest MSC ship to return to service and welcome guests in PortMiami Florida. This is a key milestone...August 5, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The world's largest family-owned (and the world's 3rd largest by fleet) cruise company MSC took delivery of its newest ship (current flagship) MSC...July 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
MSC Cruises and Fincantieri Italy announced the signing of a contract for the construction (by Fincantieri Infrastructure Florida) of a new...July 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
A traditional coin ceremony for the second Seaside EVO class ship of MSC Cruises was held on Thursday, June 24, at Fincantieri’s Monfalcone...June 24, 2021
- show more news
Other MSC Cruises cruise ships
MSC Seashore Wiki
During MSC Seaside delivery ceremony (November 29, 2017), MSC announced an order for two "Seaside EVO" ships from Fincantieri (contract value EUR 1,8 billion). The new ships are 17330 GT-tons larger, 16 m (52 ft) longer and with 467 more passengers (capacity) in comparison to the sisterships Seaview-Seaside. Deliveries were scheduled for 2021 May (Seashore) and 2022 November (Seascape).
In early-August 2018, MSC signed an agreement for EUR 1,5 billion (USD 1,74 billion) for both "Seaside EVO" shipbuilding projects. The financing was via a partnership with a syndicate of three lender banks (Unicredit, BNP Paribas, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti). Fully backing the credit line was the Italian export credit agency SACE SIMEST. With the addition of Seaside EVO ships, MSC had an unprecedented total investment of EUR 10,5 billion into 12 newbuilds with scheduled deliveries by 2027.
On November 26, 2018, was held vessel's steel-cutting ceremony at Fincantieri Monfalcone Shipyard (Trieste, Italy), with which officially started its construction. The special event was attended by Pierfrancesco Vago (MSC's Executive Chairman) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO).
The vessel's keel-laying ceremony (aka coin ceremony) was held on September 19, 2019, at the Monfalcone yard. Ceremony's godmothers (madrinas) were two shipyard employees - Silvia Bozzetto (Production Planning and Control Commissioning Manager) and Marianna Cicala (Ground Services Planning Manager). The godmothers placed 2 special edition coins under the keel block (hull's first block) for good fortune. The special event was again attended by Pierfrancesco Vago (MSC) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri). The vessel was launched (floated out from drydock) on August 20, 2020. The ceremony was attended by Giuseppe Bono and Pierfrancesco Vago.
Fun fact is that each MSC EVO shipbuilding project involves 10+ million manhours of construction works and ~4000 shipyard employees. The ship design features large play areas for children, Adventure Trail ropes course, an interactive aqua park with 5x waterslides, 3x glass-floored catwalks, Promenade Deck (at sea level) lined up with shops-bars-restaurants (with both indoor-outdoor seating), glass-walled/sea-view elevators.
For MSC Seashore, the shipbuilder contracted De Wave Group for the ship's interior outfitting.
- De Wave Group (Genoa-based manufacturing company) specializes in newbuild cruise ships and yachts interior outfitting. The company was formed via merger of three companies - De Wave (cabins and wet units), Precetti (catering areas) and Spencer Contract (public areas).
- On MSC Seashore, De Wave Group manufactured and assembled the modules for building the following areas - MSC Yacht Club (Concierge Reception/decks 16-18-19-20, Lounge/deck 16, Open Decks 16&20, Lobby and Restaurant/deck 18, Pool Deck and Pool Bar/deck 18), Offices (deck 16), Hallways (decks 18-19-20), Deck 20 (Main Pool, Bow Jacuzzi, Pool Bar), Deck 8 (Infinity Pool, Infinity Whirlpool, Infinity Bar, Ice Cream Bar, Steakhouse's Open Deck), as well as all passenger and crew cabins' wet units (3088 total).
The company Shores Global LLC provided all the vessel's outdoor wicker furniture (on passenger cabin balconies and poolside) or 3000+ pieces (deckchairs and sun loungers). The company is a major cruise ship furniture supplier, offering consulting (fabrics and materials) and production process management.
The vessel was officially delivered from Fincantieri to MSC on July 26, 2021, in Monfalcone. The ceremony was attended by Roberto Olivari (Fincantieri's Monfalcone Shipyard Director), Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO), Giampiero Massolo (Fincantieri's Chairman) and Pierfrancesco Vago (MSC's Executive Chairman), as well as members of the Aponte and Vago families, MSC representatives, shipyard's employees.
MSC Seashore's christening ceremony was on November 18, 2021, and held at MSC Ocean Cay (Bahamas). The special event was attended by godmother Sophia Loren (1934-born Italian actress), MSC top-rank employees (Pierfrancesco Vago /MSC's Executive Chairman, Gianni Onorato /MSC's CEO, Ruben Rodriguez /MSC North America's President, Allen Clifford /MSC USA's Executive VP), as well as major stakeholders, travel agents, media. Live onboard performed Nile Rodgers (1952-born American guitarist, singer, songwriter) and his band "Nile Rodgers & Chic" (1972-founded as "The Big Apple Band"). Curiously, this was the world's ever-first ship naming ceremony held at a private island. On the same day (Nov 18th) was launched/floated out from drydock the sistership MSC Seascape.
Seashore's naming was part of an exclusive voyage departing roundtrip from PortMiami on Nov 17, prior to the start of the inaugural Caribbean season on Nov 20.
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2021
MSC bookings on Seashore cruises were opened on June 27, 2019. Sales were open exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club (loyalty program) members for a 2-week period. Bookings for general customers were opened on July 11.
Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus crisis, the vessel's construction was halted (after the shipbuilding yard was temporarily closed in 2020) which also resulted in delayed delivery to MSC (future shipowner). A total of 35 itineraries were canceled (roundtrip departures from homeports Genoa, Naples, Messina, Barcelona, Marseille).
The original Inaugural Cruise (June 13, 2021) was a 7-day Mediterranean itinerary roundtrip from Genoa/Genova. The ship also offers roundtrips from homeports Barcelona, Marseille, Naples, Messina Sicily.
Next tables show the rescheduled inaugural cruises from each homeport.
(NEW MAIDEN VOYAGE) 7-day inaugural roundtrip from Genoa
|Date / Time||Port|
|01 Aug 16:00||Departing from Genoa, Italy|
|02 Aug 13:00 - 19:55||Naples, Italy|
|03 Aug 09:00 - 19:00||Messina, Sicily Italy|
|04 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Valletta, Malta|
|06 Aug 09:00 - 18:00||Barcelona, Spain|
|07 Aug 09:00 - 17:00||Marseille, France Riviera|
|08 Aug 08:00||Arriving in Genoa|
(2021) Inaugural 18-day Transatlantic crossing from Europe to USA-Caribbean (from $1280 pp). The repositioning cruise was also offered as 17-day (from Marseille to Miami, $1210 pp) and 16-day (Barcelona to Miami, $1240 pp).
|Date / Time||Port|
|31 Oct 18:00||Departing from Genoa|
|01 Nov 07:00 - 19:00||Marseille, France|
|02 Nov 07:30 - 19:00||Barcelona, Spain|
|04 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Malaga, Spain|
|06 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|12 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||St Johns, Antigua|
|13 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|14 Nov 10:00 - 18:00||Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Island, USVI|
|15 Nov 07:00 - 16 Nov 02:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|18 Nov 07:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
Inaugural Caribbean cruise (B2B/back-to-back) from Florida ($1000 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Nov 17:00||Departing from Miami|
|22 Nov 09:00 - 17:00||Ocho Rios, Jamaica|
|23 Nov 08:00 - 16:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|24 Nov 10:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|26 Nov 09:00 - 23:55||MSC Ocean Cay, Bahamas private island|
|27 Nov 06:00 - 17:00||Miami|
|29 Nov 17:00 - 30 Nov 01:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|30 Nov 07:00 - 14:00||Charlotte Amalie, Saint Thomas Island, USVI|
|01 Dec 10:00 - 18:00||Amber Cove, Dominicana|
|03 Dec 07:00 - 23:55||MSC Ocean Cay, Bahamas private island|
|04 Dec 06:00||Arriving in Miami|
The 14-day B2B itinerary was also bookable in two 7-day segments ($550, $450).
5-day Inaugural Western Caribbean cruise to Mexico ($450 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Dec 19:00||Departing from Miami|
|20 Dec 07:00 - 18:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|21 Dec 07:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|23 Dec 07:00||Arriving in Miami|
MSC Seashore User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review