Safari Endeavour Review and Specifications
Specifications of Safari Endeavour
|Builder||Jeffboat Shipyard (Jeffersonville, Indiana USA)|
|Building cost||USD 9 million|
|Owner||InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||71 m / 233 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1425 gt|
|Passengers||84 - 86|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Newport Clipper, Spirit of Endeavour|
Review of Safari Endeavour
MV Safari Endeavour is operated by Un-Cruise Adventures and was built in 1983. Currently it is sailing under USA flag. The cruise ship Safari Endeavour was last refurbished in 2012 in order to provide its guests with luxury and new amenities.
History - construction & ownership
The 1,425-ton, 86-passenger cruise ship Safari Endeavour is the biggest vessel in “Un-Cruise Adventures” fleet. The cruise ship, named the Spirit of Endeavour in the past, gives the passengers an Alaska yacht cruise at the price of a small ship voyage. Her high-tech kayak dock, added to the back, was completed with launching pad making it easy for passengers to get in and out.
When Cruise West company went bankrupt in 2010, an opportunity emerged for Un-Cruise Adventures to expand its fleet of small ships. The company picked up several vessels and refurbished them for expedition style cruising. Among the lucky ones was the Endeavour.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Safari Endeavour schedule calendar includes Alaska small ship cruises departing from Juneau AK and round-trip Baja Mexico (Sea of Cortez) voyages from San Jose del Cabo.
Safari Endeavour cabins feature high-end furnishings. In 2012 Un-Cruise Adventures took a decision to decrease the passenger capacity from 102 to 86 in order to give more space to the accommodations. More space on board means luxury. Less crowded ship will lead to more spacious and relaxing atmosphere of the lounge, decks and not at last place the dining room.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
All meals in ship's white-tablecloth dining room are served via table service; there are no buffets. Breakfast begins at 8 a.m. with specials like eggs Benedict or lemon ricotta pancakes, but guests can request bacon and eggs if that's what they desire. Continental breakfast is set up at 6:30 a.m. for early risers. Served at noon, lunch is a casual meal, usually a salad, soup or hot sandwich, and dessert. Appetizers and snacks are served during cocktail hour in the bar. Coffee and tea are available all day long.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MV Safari Endeavour was renovated in 2012, and some staterooms were expanded. The ship was outfitted with 2 hot tubs and a sauna, exercise equipment, an intimate wine bar, a massage suite, an included bar with top shelf spirits, beer and wine, and a full complement of expedition gear.
The itineraries take cruisers into Alaska’s small inlets and fjords. However, the Safari Endeavour ship is geared to the ones who want more comfort with adventure. Passengers can enjoy drinks in a glassed-in upper lounge while the ship is floating in whale-watching waters – Mexico’s Sea of Cortez and Alaska’s Inside Passage. The happy hour is sometimes more crowded than scheduled hikes, as guests come for the up-close views of wildlife and intimate atmosphere this unique small ship provides.
Safari Endeavour wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 42 (of which all are Oceanview, 4 Balcony Suites).
- Restaurants and food bars: Dining Room.
- Lounges & Bars: Sun Lounge, Lounge, Wine Bar, Bars (2, of which one is covered).
- Spa area (with two jacuzzis, sauna, massage, fitness equipment), kayaks, paddle boards, expedition gear, bow viewing area, swim step and kayak launching platform, underwater camera, library.
- Safari Endeavour cruise ship was built in Jeffersonville IN in 1983 as "Newport Clipper" for the Clipper Cruise Line (St Louis). Eventually, the Clipper line was acquired by Kuoni Travel Group and then sold to the Cruise West line. Newport Clipper was renamed "Spirit of Endeavour" and for over a decade sailed on Alaska cruises. When the Cruise West company went bankrupt (September 2010), the mortgages on its three ships (including Spirit of Endeavour) were taken over by West-Hardwick Marine Inc. On August 10, 2011 American Safari Cruises (currently Un-Cruise Adventures, after being combined with InnerSea Discoveries) bought the vessel and renamed it Safari Endeavour.
- Un-Cruise Adventures’ ships boast navy blue hulls and refined atmosphere. The Endeavour ship's size makes it easy to visit areas that bigger ships cannot. This cruise ship is best choice for those who like expedition-style cruising and activities, combined with luxury on board. The other Un-Cruise "Safari" ships are Explorer, Quest and Voyager.
- Safari Endeavour's adventure equipment includes stand-up paddle boards and kayaks; inflatable skiffs; hiking poles; hydrophone (for listening to sounds below surface). The bow-mounted underwater camera is linked to the yacht's lounge and to all cabin TVs.
- Safari Endeavour cruises in Alaska and Sea of Cortez (Baja Mexico) regions.
- Un-Cruise Adventures (formerly American Safari Cruises) is an USA-based, wholly-owned cruise company, a subsidiary of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska. In 2013, the American Safari Cruises line was renamed to "Un-Cruise Adventures".. Currently the cruise company has 2 headquarters - main headquarters in Seattle WA and second in Juneau AK.