Coastal Inspiration ferry current position
Coastal Inspiration ferry current location is at North America West Coast (coordinates 48.43657 N / -123.42510 W) cruising en route to A. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Coastal Inspiration ferry
|Year built||2008 / Age: 14|
|Builder||Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (Flensburg, Germany)|
|Class||car and passenger ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Duke Point-Tsawwassen (Nanaimo-Vancouver)|
|Building cost||EUR 70 million (CAD 108 million)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||160 m / 525 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||21777 gt|
|Sister-ships||Coastal Celebration, Coastal Renaissance|
|Owner||BRITISH COLUMBIA FERRY SERVICES INC|
Coastal Inspiration ferry Review
Review of Coastal Inspiration ferry
MS Coastal Inspiration ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Canadian company BC FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 1650 passengers and 370 cars. The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the Nanaimo-Vancouver ferry route Duke Point-Tsawwassen (crossing time 2 hours).
The ferry Coastal Inspiration has no cabins (passenger staterooms) due to the route's short crossing distance. Instead, the ship offers plenty of seats (including at a Reserved Seating Lounge with panoramic floor-ceiling windows, satellite TV programming, its own bar, comfortable leather recliners).
Reserved seats are available for pre-booking. These deals (SeaWest Lounge entry fees) are inclusive of Starbucks Coffee, a variety of teas, juices (orange, apple), fresh-made pastries, selections of newspapers and popular magazines. At additional cost (fixed price) can be purchased Morning Menu (food and drinks package) inclusive of various baked goods, fresh fruits, cheese platter, crackers, hot oatmeal cereal, yogurts.
Life jackets/vests are stowed in marked lockers on Deck 5 (outside) and Deck 6 (inside). Life jackets on the ship are two types - for kids (up to 41 kg) and for adults.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Coastal Inspiration ship offers:
- SeaWest Lounge (forward-portside on Deck 6) is a reserved seating lounge fitted with comfortable reclining armchairs (leather recliners) available for booking / at a fee. Reserved seat deals are inclusive of complimentary juices, tea, Starbucks Coffee, fresh-baked pastries, as well as Canadian and International newspapers and magazines. The lounge has a large TV (satellite reception) and is served with snacks and drinks by its own bar.
- Coastal Cafe (aft on Deck 6) is a self-serve buffet restaurant with 2-seat tables and panoramic views from slanted floor-ceiling windows. The Cafe offers a wide variety of healthy and fast food items, such as Bread Garden panini sandwiches, burgers and fries, wraps, sushi, fresh-made salads, hot and cold entrees ("White Spot" food station), dinner plates, Pirate Paks (kids menu), carving station, various breads, desserts, light snacks, beverages (including beer and wine by the glass).
- Coast Cafe Express (forward-midship on Deck 5) offers delicious snacks, freshly baked food, hot and cold beverages (including Starbucks coffee drinks).
- Passages Gift Shop (forward-midship on Deck 6) has a great selection of gifts, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, beauty products (brand cosmetics and skincare), fashion and casual clothing, toys, books, magazines, aboriginal silver giftware. The boutique sells premium brands, like Killtec (sports clothing), Helly Hansen (outdoor apparel and shoes), FarWest (clothing), Nine West (shoes, handbags).
- In front of the Gift Shop is located an ATM (cash money machine).
- Reception Desk (Chief Steward's Office / midship on Deck 6) provides passengers with assistance, purser services, information on British Columbia tourist and leisure destinations, as well as info on all BC FERRIES amenities and services.
- Kids Zone (midship on decks 5 and 6) are two indoor playground areas for children. Both rooms are nautically-themed and fitted with comfortable leather chairs, toys, and TVs for watching cartoons and playing DVDs.
- Work / Study Stations (midship on Deck 5)
- Video Zone (midship on Deck 6) is a small cinema room.
- Elevators (passenger lifts) accessing all decks
- Parents Room (forward-portside on Deck 5) is a baby changing room.
- On Sun Deck 7 are located the Pet Area, outdoor deck space and 2 indoor seating lounges (forward and aft) each with panoramic, 270-degree views from floor-ceiling windows.
On its top-deck, the ferry has a helipad - helicopter landing area (helideck) used in cases of emergency.
The ship is equipped with 22 liferafts (20 with capacity 100 persons each, and 2 with capacity 50 persons each). There are also 4 inflatable slides deployed from Deck 5 (on the deck plan legend marked as "Marine Evacuation Slide") which are used for emergency passenger evacuation.
Each Coastal-class ferry has 36 controllable CCTV cameras at various locations, allowing the Wheelhouse/Navigation Bridge officers to monitor all onboard areas.
There are numerous fire extinguishers located in all passenger-accessible deck areas (both interior and exterior), as well as manual fire alarm/pull stations. All passenger decks also have installed the modern "HI-FOG Water Mist" fire protection system. Vehicle Decks have installed manual "deluge" (fire sprinkler), and drenching systems.
For passengers with disabilities, the ship provides a limited number of wheelchairs. Reservations are required at least 24 hours before departure.
Service dogs are permitted in ferry terminals, as well as onboard the ships.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
BC FERRIES deals
The company offers gift certificates available for purchase both online and onboard (in the Gift Shop), Denominations are in 10, 25, 50 and 100 dollars. Gift certificates can be used also for paying ferry fares, for onboard purchases (Gift Shop, Restaurant, SeaWest Lounge) and for purchasing "BC Ferries Vacations" packages.
- "BC Ferries Vacations" are "ferry and hotel" packages that combine roundtrip ferry (ship travel) with a 1-night hotel (inn) stay at discounted pricing.
- The majority of ferry-hotel packages available for booking via BC FERRIES are inclusive of 2-, 3- and 4-night accommodation (in resorts, hotels, and inns). The longest vacations are of 5-, 6-, 7- and 10-nights.
- Most 3-night accommodation package deals for island destinations are "3rd Night FREE".
- The package-inclusive ferry tickets are for 2 adults and 1 car.
- Most ferry vacation deals are inclusive of complimentary parking for BC FERRIES customers.
These vacation/getaway package deals are offered in the following British Columbia destinations: Campbell River (also fishing trips), Cowichan Bay (Resorts), Victoria, Richmond, Vancouver, North Vancouver, Courtenay (Resorts), Chemainus,, Nanaimo, Sooke (Resorts), Tsawwassen, Langley, Burnaby, Parksville (Resorts), Ucluelet (Black Rock Resort, Shoreside Suites), Salt Spring Island (Resorts, Shoreside Cottages), Madeira Park (Resorts), Powell River (Beach Gardens Resort), Mayne Island (Resort), Pender Island (Resorts), Quadra Island (Resorts, fishing trips), Galiano Island, Mayne Island (Resorts), Qualicum Beach, Kelowna, Whistler, Brentwood Bay, Kamloops, Penticton, Vernon (Resorts, also golfing), Tofino (Beach Lodges), Osoyoos, Port Hardy (wildlife tours, also rafting), Prince Rupert (wildlife tours), Haida Gwaii (all-inclusive package),
Inside Passage 1-day cruises (overnight crossings) are offered in the summer (June through September) with departures:
- from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy, Bella Bella, and Klemtu
- from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert, Bella Bella, Klemtu, Bella Coola, Ocean Falls, and Shearwater
- from Bella Coola to Port Hardy, Bella Bella, Ocean Falls, and Shearwater
- from Bella Bella to Port Hardy, Prince Rupert, Bella Coola, Ocean Falls, and Shearwater
- from Klemtu to Port Hardy, and Prince Rupert
- from Ocean Falls to Port Hardy, Bella Coola, Bella Bella, and Shearwater
- and from Shearwater to Port Hardy, Bella Coola, Bella Bella, and Ocean Falls.
BC FERRIES offers on select Christmas Holiday voyages discount fares when booking early morning and late evening departures. Ticket prices start from CAD 39 (for 1 standard car with driver). These discounts are offered for the following destinations: Vancouver-Victoria (Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay), Vancouver-Nanaimo (Tsawwassen-Duke Point) and West Vancouver-Nanaimo (Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay).
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner BC Ferries (fleet, 1960-founded, headquartered in Victoria, BC Canada) is a Canadian state-owned company providing daily scheduled passenger and vehicle (RoPax) ferry services between mainland Canada and British Columbia islands. The company is ranked North America's largest (followed by "Washington State Ferries") and the world's 3rd largest.
Coastal Inspiration ferry - user reviews and comments
Coastal Inspiration ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Less than a year ago, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line ship Carnival Fascination was sailing Caribbean voyages out of San Juan Puerto Rico. However, the...December 25, 2020
- show more news
Other BC FERRIES cruise ships
Coastal Inspiration ferry Wiki
All the three Germany-built Coastal-class vessels in BC FERRIES fleet are currently the world's largest double-ended passenger ferries. These vessels are state-owned and were built in Flensburg Germany. The three sisterships operate on Canada's busiest ferry routes - between mainland British Columbia and Vancouver Island (ports Tsawwassen, Swartz Bay, Duke Point, Nanaimo / Horseshoe Bay, and Departure Bay).
The first ship in this series (Coastal Renaissance) departed the German shipyard on October 27, 2007, and arrived in Victoria (BC Canada) on December 13, entering service on March 8, 2008. The 2nd vessel (Coastal Inspiration) left the shipbuilding yard on February 9, 2018, and arrived in Victoria BC on March 25, entering service on June 16. The 3rd vessel (Coastal Celebration) left Germany on May 9, 2018, and arrived in Victoria BC on June 18, entering service on November 21.
The shipping order (signed in September 2004) cost BC FERRIES a total of EUR 206,4 million (CAD 325 million). Each ship is powered by four MAK marine diesel engines (model 8M32C) with total power output 16 MW.
Double-ended ferry design allows vehicles to be loaded/unloaded via the ship's both ends (bow and stern). Double-ended ferries are used mainly on short routes (including river crossings) as they save maneuvering time and lower fuel consumption (and risks) before docking. A unique feature for such ships is the doubled propulsion (identical units installed at each end). This results in better stopping power and greater maneuverability in comparison to standard ferries.
Each year, the BC FERRIES company signs contracts with shipyards in British Columbia, spending over USD 60 million (annually) on fleetwide drydock refits/refurbishments and general vessel maintenance.
Coastal Inspiration ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review