Peter Pan ferry current position
Peter Pan ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 54.17567 N / 11.46209 E) cruising at speed of 17.4 kn (32 kph/ 20 mph) en route to TRAVEMUNDE. The AIS position was reported 1 minute ago.Current Position
Specifications of Peter Pan ferry
|Year built||2001 / Age: 21|
|Builder||SSW Fahr- und Spezialschiffbau GmbH (Bremerhaven, Germany)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Trelleborg-Travemunde, Trelleborg-Rostock|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||220 m / 722 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||36468 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Nils Holgersson (Akka)|
Peter Pan ferry Review
Review of Peter Pan ferry
MS Peter Pan ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the German company TT-LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 744 passengers and 188 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the Germany-Sweden ferry routes Rostock-Trelleborg (crossing time 6 hours) and Travemunde-Trelleborg (crossing time 8 hours).
Of the same "Peter Pan" class is the sistership Nils Holgersson (now Akka). The cruise ship was launched and for 22 years (between 2001-2023) operated under the name "Peter Pan". In 2023, it will be renamed "Tinker Bell" while the original name will be assigned to TT-LINE's Green Ship Peter Pan.
The ship's new name (Tinker Bell) honors one of the main characters from Sir James Matthew Barrie's novel "Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up" (aka "Peter and Wendy") which was introduced in 1904. Tinker Bell later appeared in several films and TV movies, including Walt Disney's animation "Peter Pan" (1953).
In January 2018, the vessel was lengthened from 190 to 220 m (623 to 722 ft) by inserting a prefabricated/preassembled midship section. The reconstruction was done at German Dry Docks (GDD Group) in Bremerhaven. Following the lengthening, the ship's cargo capacity was increased from 2640 to 3000 lanemeters. The midship section (hull+superstructure) was built by the shipbuilding company Pella Sietas in Neuenfelde (near Hamburg Germany).
As cruise ferry, Peter Pan has a total of 220 cabins with 640 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned, non-smoking, with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, WC, shower, hairdryer). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Cabin amenities include phone, bedside table and reading lamps, TV (satellite reception), lower twin beds (fixed, size 2 x 0,8 m), upper bunk bed (wall-mounted), mirrored vanity/dressing table with chair, wardrobe.
Peter Pan staterooms are located on decks 7-8-9 and are in the following categories:
- 4-bed Panorama Suite (size 34 m2, window, bathtub, sofabed, minibar, 250 MB free WiFi)
- 4-bed Baltic Outside Cabin (size 22 m2, window, bunk beds, sofabed, minibar, 250 MB free WiFi)
- 2-bed Front Deluxe Outside Cabin (size 16 m2, window, 2 lower beds)
- 2-bed Front Outside Cabin (window, 2 lower beds)
- 4-bed Twin Outside Cabin (window, 2 lower beds plus 2 upper bunk beds)
- 2-bed Twin Outside Cabin (window, 2 lower beds)
- 4-bed Twin Inside Cabin (2 lower beds plus 2 upper bunk beds, no windows)
- 2-bed Twin Inside Cabin (2 lower beds, no windows)
- 2-bed Inside Disabled Cabin (wheelchair-accessible, wider entry door, 2 fixed lower beds, linoleum flooring, adapted bathroom, no window)
- Pet cabins (for passengers traveling with pets) are with linoleum flooring. On all night crossings, pets can be carried only within pet-friendly cabins. If Pet Cabins are all booked, animals will not be allowed to board the ship.
- Day cabins are also available for booking. Day cabins accommodate passengers from 1 hour after departure until 1 hour prior to arrival.
The ship additionally has reclining seats (aircraft-type seats/leather armchairs) available for pre-booking in Reserved Seating Lounge. Recliners can be booked on day crossings (EUR 11 pp) and night crossings (EUR 19 pp). Recliners are fully automatic and have recharging points and under-seat storage for luggage. Pillows and blankets are provided free of charge with Standard and Premium bookings. Premium bookings additionally receive 3 complimentary drinks.
GoSleep is sleeping pods available on Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (located on decks 3-4). These are moveable pods for passengers and provide noise and light isolation from other passengers. Under the seat, there is storage space for hand luggage (max size 60 x 50 x 27 cm). These pod chairs have USB and chargers, allowing passengers to use their computers and phones on the ship.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Peter Pan ship offers:
- (Deck 7) Buffet Restaurant (self-service) - kids up to 6 years old eat for free; the restaurant also offers well-priced kids menus.
- (Deck 7) Panorama Bar (SKY Sports program).
- (Deck 7) TT-LINE Shop is a duty-free retail selling alcohol (liquors, beers, wines), tobaccos, perfumes and cosmetics, sunglasses, watches, jewelry, designer clothes and accessories, electronics and gadgets, toys, confectionery, gifts, and souvenirs.
- free Wi-Fi at the reception and in the cafeteria, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 7).
- (Deck 7) Cinema with modern technology and a choice of films shown in English, German or Swedish.
- (Deck 7) Conference Facilities, Family Lounge, Kids Cinema
- (Deck 8) Fitness Centre with a gym, 2 saunas and 2 whirlpools (in the low-season the Jacuzzi is open on the weekends, while in the mid-season between Thursday-Sunday; during the high season it's open every day).
- Casino / Gaming area with slot machines.
- Reserved Seating Lounge has reclining / Pullman seats.
- Navigation Bridge and Helideck (helipad) - helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency.
Passenger-accessible sundeck areas offer ~1200 m2 (12920 ft2) of outside, open-air spaces.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
TT-LINE ferry cruise deals
- The route Travemunde-Trelleborg is operated with 8 daily departures (latest check-in is 30 min prior departure).
- The route Rostock-Trelleborg is operated with 12 daily departures (latest check-in is 30 min prior departure).
- The route Swinoujscie-Trelleborg is operated with 4 daily departures (latest check-in is 1 hour prior to departure).
- The route Swinoujscie-Ronne is operated only with Saturdays departures and during summer.
- TT LINE's shipboard payments can be made with Master Card, American Express, VISA. All purchases are settled in EUR. Passengers can also pay in cash (EUR, SEK, DKK, NOK). Purser service (onboard currency exchange) is also available.
- Ferry passengers can combine "SMART Ticket" (cheapest) and "FLEX Ticket on return crossings. Conditions apply to each departure. Rebooking is always allowed. Refund is offered only with FLEX bookings. Wi-Fi (100 MB) is included. FLEX passengers receive 1 complimentary drink.
- Special (promotion) deals offer discounted pricing for 4-5-person bookings (roundtrip Poland-Sweden, inclusive of 1 car and cabin, from EUR 225 per booking) and 25% or 36% return ticket discount (on roundtrips Germany-Sweden, for 1 passenger with a car, no cabin).
Onboard dining packages include Small Breakfast (EUR 8 pp / scrambled eggs, bread buns, coffee), Large Breakfast (EUR 12,50 pp), Summer Lunch Buffet (EUR 16 pp), Captain's Summer Buffet (EUR 28 pp), Captain's Dinner (EUR 30 pp), 1-Course Meal (EUR 12 pp), Sailors Menu (EUR 16,50 pp / 3-course menu). Captain's packages are inclusive of 3 drinks (soda, beer, and wine or coffee/tea). Kids meals are available at all buffets. Kids up to 6 yo dine for free. Children up to 12 yo dine at 1/2 adult price. Teens (ages 13-17) dine at 3/4 adult price.
"Comfort Packages" are all-inclusive cruise ferry deals with included day cabin, complete meal (breakfast or lunch) and 2 soft drinks. Prices vary - EUR 53 (for 2 passengers in a 2-4-bed cabin), EUR 74 (for 3-5 passengers in a 2-4-bed cabin) and EUR 62 (for 2 passengers in a 2-bed cabin).
Pets on the ship
Pet animals are allowed on all TT LINE ships, but pre-booking is required and only 2 pets per cabin are allowed.
- If pet cabins are fully booked, TT-Line can sell a standard cabin adding extra cleaning fee (EUR 15).
- During crossings, car decks are not accessible to passengers. Pets are not allowed to stay in the vehicles.
- Dogs are allowed in all indoor and outdoor areas on passenger decks, except restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Aft on one of the outdoor decks there is a dog toilet.
Dogs must be kept on a short leash at all times. Dangerous breeds must be muzzled.
Garage decks (for cars and trucks) are decks 1-3-5.
Follows a list of car decks-related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner TT-Line (fleet, 1962-founded, headquartered in Travemunde/Lubeck, Germany) is a German shipping company providing cargo and passenger ferry connections between Germany-Sweden and Poland-Sweden.