Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry current position
Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 53.93980 N / 10.86259 E) cruising en route to Trelleborg. The AIS position was reported 5 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry
|Year built||2022 new ship|
|Builder||AVIC CMI Jinling Nanjing Shipyard (Nanjing, China)|
|Class||TT-LINE Green Ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Trelleborg-Swinoujscie|
|Engines (power)||MAN (29.4 MW / 39426 hp)|
|Propulsion power||7.5 MW / 10058 hp|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||229 m / 751 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||45000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Sister-ships||Green Ship Peter Pan|
|Former names||JIN LING 88, HULL JLZ8180222|
|Operator||TT-LINE Germany (via Green RoPax GmbH & Co KG)|
Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry Review
Review of Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry
MS Nils Holgersson ferry (aka Green Ship Nils Holgersson) is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the German company TT-LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 866 passengers and 220 trucks (semi-trailers). The vessel was launched in 2022 and currently operates on the Sweden-Poland ferry route Trelleborg-Swinoujscie (crossing time 6 hours).
As cruise ferry, Nils Holgersson has a total of 239 cabins with 866 berths (of which 644 are bunks). All staterooms are air-conditioned, non-smoking, with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, WC-toilet, shower, hairdryer), LED lighting. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, toiletries.
Cabin amenities include phone, bedside table, wall-mounted reading lamps, TV (satellite reception), lower twin beds (fixed, size 2x0,8 m), upper bunk bed (wall-mounted), mirrored vanity/dressing table with chair, wardrobe.
MS Nils Holgersson staterooms are located on two decks (9-10) and are in the following categories:
- 4-bed Panorama Suite (size 34 m2, window, bathtub, sofabed, minibar, 250 MB free WiFi)
- 4-bed Baltic Outside Cabin (size 22 m2, window, bunk beds, minibar, 250 MB free WiFi)
- 2-bed Front Deluxe Outside Cabin (size 16 m2, window, 2 lower beds)
- 2-bed Front Outside Cabin (window, 2 lower beds)
- 4-bed Twin Outside Cabin (window, 2 lower beds plus 2 upper bunk beds)
- 2-bed Twin Outside Cabin (window, 2 lower beds)
- 4-bed Twin Inside Cabin (2 lower beds plus 2 upper bunk beds, no windows)
- 2-bed Twin Inside Cabin (2 lower beds, no windows)
- 2-bed Inside Disabled Cabin (wheelchair-accessible, wider entry door, 2 fixed lower beds, linoleum flooring, adapted bathroom, no window)
- Day cabins are also available for booking. Day cabins accommodate passengers from 1 hour after departure until 1-hour prior arrival.
Pet cabins (for passengers traveling with pets) are with linoleum flooring. On night crossings, pets can be carried only within pet-friendly cabins. If Pet Cabins are all booked, animals will not be allowed to board the ship.
GoSleep is sleeping pods available on Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (located on decks 3-4). These are moveable pods for passenger and provide noise and light isolation from other passengers. Under the seat, there is storage space for hand luggage (max size 60 x 50 x 27 cm). These pod chairs have USB and chargers, allowing passengers to use their computers and phones on the ship.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
TT-LINE's "Green Ship" design features ~3500 m2 (37680) of indoor public space and ~1200 m2 (12900 ft2) of outside decks. The ship's interior and exterior design was developed by the German company Oceanarchitects GmbH (based in Waren an der Muritz, in Germany's Mecklenburg-Vorpommern state).
The design is based on 12 decks, of which 4x are loading/cargo decks (1-3-5-7), 4x are passenger-accessible (9-10-11-12) and 2x have cabins (9-10).
As facilities, the new Nils Holgersson ship offers:
- (Deck 10) Buffet Restaurant (self-service) - kids up to 6 years old eat for free; the restaurant also offers well-priced kids menus.
- (Deck 10) Panorama Bar (with SKY Sports satellite channels), Truck Drivers' Restaurant & Bar
- (Deck 11) Duty-Free Shop is retail selling alcohol (liquors, beers, wines), tobaccos, perfumes and cosmetics, sunglasses, watches, jewelry, designer clothes and accessories, electronics and gadgets, toys, confectionery, gifts, and souvenirs.
- free Wi-Fi at the reception and in the cafeteria, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 11)
- On Deck 9 is the Navigation Bridge/Wheelhouse and the Sauna Room.
- On Deck 5 are positioned 32x electric vehicle charging points.
On Deck 11 are located Conference Center (meeting rooms), Coffee Lounge, Family Lounge, Trucker Lounge, Sports Bar, Restaurant, Pet Lounge, Kids Area (indoor playground), Sundeck (aft). All lounges are with floor-ceiling windows and unobstructed views.
On Deck 12 (Panorama Deck) are the passenger-accessible sundecks and the Helideck with a helipad (helicopter landing platform) used in cases of emergency.
The ship has no Fitness Centre (gym), Casino (gaming area with slot machines) or Reserved Seating Lounge (with reclining / Pullman seats).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
There are a total of 32x EV charging points (all on Deck 5) for electric vehicles to be plugged in and charged their batteries during the voyage. The EV points are two types (both being compatible with all plugs used by electric vehicles):
- (TYPE A) 40 kW DC, 150-750 V, max 133 A. Each EV point has 2x CCS Combo plugs allowing to charge either two vehicles (with 20 kW) or one vehicle (with 40 kW). Charging cables' length is 7 m (23 ft).
- (TYPE B) 11 kW AC, 400 V, max 16 A, European Type 2 Plug (CCS car plugs). Charging cables' length is 10 m (33 ft).
Charging cables are permanently connected to the EV points, so using the cars' own cables is not possible and not permitted. The charging process is started and stopped by the crew, who is also responsible for the cars' allocation.
Online booking for battery charging is required and can be done during the cruise booking (add 'Power' to the booking). Such vehicles have a fixed parking space (at a specific charging station) where it remains parked during the crossing.
TT-LINE ferry cruise deals
- The route Travemunde-Trelleborg is operated with 8 daily departures (latest check-in is 30 min prior departure).
- The route Rostock-Trelleborg is operated with 12 daily departures (latest check-in is 30 min prior departure).
- The route Swinoujscie-Trelleborg is operated with 4 daily departures (latest check-in is 1-hour prior departure).
- The route Swinoujscie-Ronne is operated only with Saturdays departures and during summer.
- TT LINE's shipboard payments can be made with Master Card, American Express, VISA. All purchases are settled in EUR. Passengers can also pay in cash (EUR, SEK, DKK, NOK). Purser service (onboard currency exchange) is also available.
- Ferry passengers can combine "SMART Ticket" (cheapest) and "FLEX Ticket on return crossings. Conditions apply to each departure. Rebooking is always allowed. Refund is offered only with FLEX bookings. Wi-Fi (100 MB) is included. FLEX passengers receive 1 complimentary drink.
- Special (promotion) deals offer discounted pricing for 4-5-person bookings (roundtrip Poland-Sweden, inclusive of 1 car and cabin, from EUR 225 per booking) and 25% or 36% return ticket discount (on roundtrips Germany-Sweden, for 1 passenger with a car, no cabin).
Onboard dining packages include Small Breakfast (EUR 8 pp / scrambled eggs, bread buns, coffee), Large Breakfast (EUR 12,50 pp), Summer Lunch Buffet (EUR 16 pp), Captain's Summer Buffet (EUR 28 pp), Captain's Dinner (EUR 30 pp), 1-Course Meal (EUR 12 pp), Sailors Menu (EUR 16,50 pp / 3-course menu). Captain's packages are inclusive of 3 drinks (soda, beer, and wine or coffee/tea). Kids meals are available at all buffets. Kids up to 6 yo dine for free. Children up to 12 yo dine at 1/2 adult price. Teens (ages 13-17) dine at 3/4 adult price.
"Comfort Packages" are all-inclusive cruise ferry deals with included day cabin, complete meal (breakfast or lunch) and 2 soft drinks. Prices vary - EUR 53 (for 2 passengers in a 2-4-bed cabin), EUR 74 (for 3-5 passengers in a 2-4-bed cabin) and EUR 62 (for 2 passengers in a 2-bed cabin).
Pets on the ship
Pet animals are allowed on all TT LINE ships, but pre-booking is required and only 2 pets per cabin are allowed.
- If pet cabins are fully booked, TT-Line can sell a standard cabin adding extra cleaning fee (EUR 15).
- During crossings, car decks are not accessible to passengers. Pets are not allowed to stay in the vehicles.
- Dogs are allowed in all indoor and outdoor areas on passenger decks, except restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Aft on one of the outdoor decks there is a dog toilet.
Dogs must be kept on a short leash at all times. Dangerous breeds must be muzzled.
Garage decks (for cars and trucks) are decks 1-3-5-7.
Follows a list of car deck-related safety procedures.
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Cargo decks' usable height is 4,7 m ()16 ft. Loading decks provide a total of 150 power connections for temperature-controlled trucks and trailers.
The shipowner TT-Line (fleet, 1962-founded, headquartered in Travemunde/Lubeck, Germany) is a German shipping company providing cargo and passenger ferry connections between Germany-Sweden and Poland-Sweden.
Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferryAdd Photo
Other TT-LINE Germany cruise ships
Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry Wiki
To the vessel were initially assigned the names "JIN LING 88" (yard identification) and "JLZ8180222" (hull number, between 2018-2021). From the same shipbuilder (AVIC CMI Jinling Nanjing Shipyard in Nanjing, China) are STENA GROUP's E-Flexer ferries.
Nils Holgersson's construction started in December 2019, with the steel-cutting ceremony held at CMI Jinling Nanjing. The keel-laying/coin ceremony was held on June 3, 2020. The vessel was launched/floated out from drydock on November 10, 2020. The 2-week sea trials were successfully completed in November 2021.
Nils Holgersson's sistership (Peter Pan) was launched on July 14, 2021.
TT-LINE's first "Green Ship" (Nils Holgersson) was officially delivered by CMI Jinling on March 7, 2022. Followed the ~11600 NM (13350 mi / 21480 km) 5-weeks long relocation voyage via Suez Canal and Gibraltar to Germany (Port Travemunde/Lubeck) arriving at Skandinavienkai Terminal on April 21st. The maiden voyage (Trelleborg-Swinoujscie) started on April 26, 2022.
TT-LINE Green Ship technology
Planning for the Green Ships started in 2016, when was contracted Oceanarchitects GmbH (design firm based in Waren an der Muritz, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany). TT-LINE placed the 2-ship building order with CMI (China Merchants Industry Holding Co Ltd) on June 4, 2018.
In December 2018, for the concept design, the Chinese shipbuilder contracted the OSK Group-owned (Copenhagen Denmark-based) companies OSK-ShipTech AS (maritime design, naval architecture, concept development, project and risk management, vessel optimization, hybrid technology) and Steen Friis Design AS (specializing in interior design and architecture, ship interiors, corporate branding and signage).
Both TT-LINE Green Ships are LNG-powered and among the most environmentally friendly cruiseferries operating on Baltic Sea routes. The onboard powerplant consists of all four MAN dual-fuel marine engines (2x model 8L51/60DF plus 2x model 6L51/60DF) plus a duel-fuel auxiliary boiler. All engines (total power output 29,4 MW) run on both LNG (liquefied natural gas) and LSMGO (low-sulfur marine gas oil). Each of the four main engines weighs ~120 tons.
The propulsion system is based on 3x bow thrusters (electric propulsion motors) with total output 7,5 MW (2,5 MW each) plus two CPPs/aft controllable pitch propellers).
The LNG is stored in two tanks (each with capacity 500 m3) positioned on Loading/Cargo Deck 1. The 1000 m3 LNG can power the ship for max 14 days (endurance).
The onboard cargo storage space (vehicle decks) is 4600 lanemeters, providing the boat with capacity to accommodate 920 cars or 220 trucks (semi-trailers). The max draft is 6,7 m (23 ft).
Both new ferries (Nils Holgersson and Peter Pan) feature environment-friendly solutions like LED lighting (throughout), low-heat transition windows (throughout), EV charging points (for electric vehicles), AirSpace Seal (propeller shafts are air-sealed to prevent seawater pollution by lubricants), eco-mode fin stabilizers.
The hull lines are optimized and the underwater hull is painted with a silicon-based coating to lower water resistance. Both reduce fuel consumption thus improving energy efficiency.
The cruise ship's HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning) is integrated with the Heat-Recovery system (produces heat from the main engines' exhaust gases), the LNG Cold recovery system (uses the coolness of the regasified LNG) and the Alaska-Cooler system (cool air is provided energy-free, by using seawater's coldness).
The hull (1A-Super/ice class) and superstructure consist of total 386 prefabricated blocks assembled into 8 main sections.
Green Ship Nils Holgersson ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review