Split cruise port is located in the southern part of Croatia on the Adriatic sea. It is the major port in Dalmatia and the second biggest city in the country with population of more than 200 thousand people. Split cruise port has a natural sheltered deep water harbour. The most popular tourist attraction in the resort is the UNESCO World Heritage Site Palace of Diocletian.
Highlights: Diocletian Palace, Solin and Trogir
Split cruise terminal
Split cruise port terminal is located 24 km from the Split Airport. The distance to the old city is ten minutes walking.
Smaller cruise ship will dock near the terminal for ferries at Split cruise port. The ferry terminal offers connections to Hvar, Vrac, Slota and Italy (Ancona). Bigger vessels anchor in the harbour and the passengers are tendered ashore. The station for tender boats is even closer to the old town than Split cruise port terminal.
The terminal doesn’t offer many facilities but you can find cafes, internet cafes, banks and a lot of shops just across the main dock. At the dock, there is a taxi rank, but you won’t need any if you plan to visit the major city attractions. The Palace of Diocletian is only 1 km from Split cruise port terminal.
The closest beach is Bacvice Beach, only 1.2 km away.
Split tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Diocletian’s Palace: you will need not more than 13 minutes walking from Split cruise port to reach the famous attraction. The palace is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The amazing palace was built by the Roman Emperor and dates from 295 AD. The measures of the structure are 215mX180m. There are four monument-like gates. The walls are with height of 25 meters. The apartment of the Emperor has stunning sea view, the quarters for soldiers and servants have inland look. The entrance of the palace is from the seafront promenade (the Riva) through the Bronze Gate.
- Cathedral: in the 7th century, the mausoleum of Emperor Diocletian was transformed into a church. Now it is the Cathedral of Split. It is located in the old town , on the Peristil.
- Meštrovi? Gallery: enjoy the works of Ivan Meštrovi?, famous Croation sculptor. Located in the old town, west part.
- Trogir: the medieval attractions is a World Heritage Site UNESCO listed. It is located 27 km from Split cruise port, direction west. It is located on a tiny island and the connection to the mainland is via beautiful bridge for walking. The most famous sight in Trogir is the cathedral. It dates from the 13th century. There is a information office on Trg Ivana Pavla II 1.
- The Cetina Valley: great place for water-rafting. The valley is located 28 km from Split cruise port, direction south-east. The valley is at the meeting point (Omiš) of River Cetina with the sea. Several companies offer rafting trips with qualified instructors.
The Split cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Split, Croatia.
If you lose the Split location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Split cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Split, Croatia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 May, 2017
3 May, 2017
5 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
8 May, 2017
9 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
15 May, 2017
16 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
22 May, 2017
23 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
29 May, 2017
30 May, 2017
31 May, 2017
The small cruise line Star Clippers revealed the name of its next 5-masted square-rigger, the 300-passenger Flying Clipper, scheduled...March 31, 2016
KfW IPEX-Bank, together with a famous commercial bank, is ready to provide a syndicated loan in order to finance the largest square rigger in...June 27, 2015
- show more news