Viking Gabriella ferry current position
Viking Gabriella ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 60.43566 N / 22.21133 E) cruising The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Viking Gabriella ferry
|Year built||1992 / Age: 29|
|Builder||Brodosplit Shipyard (Split, Croatia)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Stockholm-Mariehamn (Aland)-Helsinki|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||171 m / 561 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||35492 gt|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Sister-ships||Viking Amorella, Tallink Isabelle, Pearl Seaways, Crown Seaways|
|Former names||Silja Scandinavia, Frans Suell|
|Christened by||Birgit Nilsson|
Viking Gabriella ferry Review
Review of Viking Gabriella ferry
MS Viking Gabriella ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Finland-based company VIKING LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 2420 passengers and 400 cars. The vessel was launched in 1992 and currently operates on the Sweden-Finland ferry route Stockholm-Helsinki (crossing time 17 hours) via Aland (Mariehamn). During summer, to the route are added Riga Latvia and Visby Gotland.
As cruise ferry, Viking Gabriella has 2402 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, washbasin), flat TV, radio, phone. Suites and Premium cabins additionally offer hairdryer, refrigerator, double bed, double sofabed. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers and people with reduced mobility). Allergy Cabins are with furniture made of non-allergic materials.
Cabins can't be shared - if 2 passengers are booked in a 4-bed cabin, they can't share the remaining 2 free beds with other travelers.
Staff and crew cabins are located on decks 7, 9, 10 and 11. Passenger cabins are graded in the following categories:
- (Deck 2) C4 (Economy)
- (Deck 5) A4 (Seaside Standard), A4R (Seaside Standard Allergy), B4 (Inside Standard), B2P (Inside Piccolo), HA3 (Seaside Handicap), HB3 (Inside Handicap)
- (Deck 6) B4L (Inside Large), B2L (Inside Large), A4 (Seaside Standard), B4 (Inside Standard)
- (Deck 7) Suite, LXA (Seaside Premium Large), LYX (Seaside Premium), B2T (Inside Comfort Plus), B4F (Inside Comfort Family), B4 (Inside Standard), B2P (Inside Piccolo)
- (Deck 9) Suite, LXA (Seaside Premium Large), LYX (Seaside Premium), B2T (Inside Comfort Plus), B4F (Inside Comfort Family)
- (Deck 11) SUM (Junior Suite), LUX (Seaside Premium), B2X (Inside Premium)
- Family cabins are fitted with 6 beds (2 plus 4).
- Standard cabin door width is 64 cm. Suite and handicap cabin's door width is 89 cm.
- On overnight crossings, for Suite cabins (excluding Mini-Suites) Breakfast is included in the ferry ticket price. Breakfast (included for both adults and children) can be delivered via room service (in-cabin dining) or at the onboard restaurants. For en-suite dining must be filled out a room service order form and submitted to the Reception (info desk) the evening before. For restaurant dining, Suite passengers must show their cabin key in the venue.
Seaside (oceanview) cabins are with large windows, Inside and Economy-class cabins are without windows. Economy cabins are located on lower decks. Suites and Premium cabins are larger and better equipped. Only Budget cabins lack private bathrooms.
Suites and Seaside Premium staterooms offer additional / bonus amenities and services, including free Wi-Fi, exclusive VIP lounge access, early check-in and early boarding (excluding passengers with car parking) in Stockholm. VIP lounge's amenities include complimentary coffee, tea, bottled water, newspapers, flat TV (satellite reception).
All cabins are non-smoking and in-cabin alcohol consumption is forbidden. Cabin cleaning and sheets changing are done before port arrival. Staterooms are available during the entire crossing (also during cleaning).
Cot beds (for toddlers up to 1 year of age and weight under 10 kg) are also available, as well as bed rails for kids - provided complimentary upon request.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Viking Gabriella ship offers:
- (Spa Deck 6) Steam Sauna, Swimming Pool, Hot Tubs, separate kids pool
- (Lobby and Shopping Deck 7) Coffee and Joy Cafe (Internet), Reception (Information Desk, ATM/cash machine), Children's Playroom, Game Room (arcade machines, air hockey tables, claw machine), Tax-Free Shop, Pop Up Shop, Seating Lounge (Air Seats)
- (Restaurant Deck 8) Viking Buffet Restaurant, Bistrotek (Wine Bar), Food Garden Restaurant, No Name a la carte Restaurant, BBQ House (Grill Restaurant), Upstairs Pub, Casino
- (Deck 9) Disco Nightclub (lower (lower), crew accommodations, Sun Deck (outdoor area)
- (Deck 10) Upstairs Pub, Disco Nightclub (upper level), Conference Rooms
- (Deck 11) Lounge
- (Deck 12) Navigation Bridge, Sun Deck (outdoor area)
- On top deck (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- Free wifi and Internet ("Viking Public" and "Public Internet") are available in designated areas - public spaces and passenger cabins, but not on car decks. The technology is based on a modern satellite system, but the speeds are still slower land-based WiFi and depending on weather conditions.
- Onboard shops are tax-free and sell brand perfumes, cosmetics and skincare products, designer clothes and accessories, watches, sunglasses, fashion bags, sportswear, kids clothing, confectionery, packaged food and drinks (beers, premium spirits, and wines), gourmet sweets, toys, electronics and gadgets, Viking Line logoed merchandise. Among the premium brands available via onboard shopping are Dior, Tiffany, Sensai, Hugo Boss, Marc Jacobs, Lancome, Efva Attling, Calvin Klein, Paco Rabanne, Yves Saint Laurent, Armani, Biotherm, Clinique, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden, Norr, Bjorn Axen, Bjorn Borg, LEGO. Shopping promotions and package discounts are always offered.
- Onboard entertainment is complimentary and includes themed shows with live performances by guest artists - music bands, singers, magicians, Swedish and international celebrities. On themed cruises are presented international cuisine specialties, holiday festivals and tributes to renown artists.
- On all Viking Line ships, there is a Casino with Blackjack and Roulette tables, as well as slot machines (throughout the ship). Bingo games are offered on most ferries, with location and schedule listed in the ship's onboard program.
- The nightclub is on 2 decks, featuring modern lighting and design interiors, large dance floor, LED screens, a stage for nightly live entertainment (orchestra, guest performers, themed club shows). VIP tables (4-seat) are in a dedicated VIP area designed for private party experiences. VIP tables can be booked after the ship's departure. Table price is inclusive of a bottle of Champagne, strawberries, 20 drink coupons, snacks, olives, nuts.
- The a la carte restaurant serves premium breakfast and a la carte lunch and dinner. The food is prepared with seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients. There is a premium wine list and the menu includes fresh fish, seafood, steaks, vegetarian dishes, kids menu (smaller size dishes).
- The Casual Dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. The menu includes pizzas, pasta, steaks, hamburgers fresh-made salads, wines, cocktails, desserts, coffee and dessert drinks. Children under 12 dine at 1/2 portions (half-priced).
- The Buffet restaurant offers buffet breakfast and a classic Scandinavian smorgasbord (multiple buffet-style hot and cold dishes) and international cuisine in the evening. The buffet meal price is inclusive also of wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, tea. Alcohol (including premium wines) are at extra charge.
- At the Cafe are also served breakfast, lunch, quick dinner, night snacks. The restaurant has several different food sections for salads, sandwiches, baked food, home-cooked food, desserts, coffee-hot drinks, beverages (soft drinks, beers, wines), Ice-creams, also Take Away station.
- The Bar and Dancing lounge offers nightly trivia quizzes, live band music, karaoke, as well as drinks menu and light food menu (sandwiches, pastries, cakes, fresh-baked buns).
- The Coffee Shop sells specialty coffees and high-quality teas with fresh-baked (on the ship) sweets and salty snacks. In the evenings, the Coffee Shop becomes a wine bar also hosting wine tastings.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Viking Line ferry and cruise deals
Viking Line cruise deals are offered on the following Baltic Sea routes: Helsinki-Stockholm and Helsinki-Tallinn, Turku-Stockholm and Turku-Aland, as well as Aland-Stockholm and Aland-Kapellskar. These are 1-night / 2-day cruises inclusive of 24-hour ferry travel and (optional) 2 evenings on the ship with 1 full day in the port destination.
- For youth group travel, the ferry company has a quota of 100 passengers per cruise (departures Sunday-Wednesday) and 40 passengers per cruise (departures Thursday-Saturday). The group cruise must be organized by the school (or other association), must have an adult group leader (teacher, parent, etc, at least 30 years old) and 1 adult leader per 10 participants.
- Mini cruises (without going ashore and return with the same ferry) are not open for youth group bookings.
- The onboard Conference Center is operated with conference packages inclusive of Inside Cabin (booked at double occupancy), buffet dinner and lunch (with included wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee) and breakfast, as well as coffee and fruits at the conference facilities. Group discounts are offered on all ferry cruises. Additional conference time could be added on hourly rates. Meal packages are not mandatory and can be substituted with pre-booked meals. Conference rates are per person and based on advanced booked meal packages and conference facilities, with a required minimum of 10 persons (supplement applies to smaller groups). Groups of 250+ passengers receive an additional discount. These rates are not combinable with other special offers or discounts. Supplement applies for the buffet meals on all packages during Christmas (November-December). Rates vary depending on route/ship and are for roundtrip itineraries only.
- Spa packages are for 2 hours (priced per person) and inclusive of bathrobe and towel. Spa treatments (massages) are from 30 to 50 min. Longer treatments must be booked in advance. For massages are used only high-quality organic products by Comfort Zone Group (Italy). Entrance to the Spa and Wellness Center is at fixed fee pp but is complimentary when booking a 50-min treatment. Spa Bar sells wine by the glass, fresh smoothies, small snacks. Spa's VIP rooms are with their own whirlpool and sauna and are bookable for private use.
- Each ship has a dedicated Luggage Room, which is locked 30 min after departure and opened 30 min prior arrival. At the Information Desk are available storage lockers (at a fee). Storage boxes (for small bags) are also available. They open via cards (purchased at Information Desk). The card can be saved and recharged (used on several crossings).
- As means of payment, Viking Line accepts bank cards and debit cards (including American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard, Mastercard, VISA, VISA Electron, Maestro), as well as cash (ATMs and cashier service at Information Desk / only banknotes). Travelers' checks are not accepted.
Pets on the ship
Guide- and assisting dogs always travel for free and permitted to go anywhere on the ship, including the lounges and restaurants.
- Pet animals are allowed on all regular ferry crossings - excepting cruises.
- Animals are allowed in passenger cabins (not in the beds) only if the owner books the whole cabin. They are not allowed in restaurants (excepting service dogs).
- When outside the cabin, dogs must always be leashed. They can be walked only the Sun Deck.
- For each pet, there is a fee, which varies by ship/route.
- On short crossings, animals are allowed to stay on car decks, but not left in the vehicles. These animals travel for free.
The engine room and most crew-staff spaces (cabins, mess hall, bar lounge, dining room, brig/jail) are on decks 1-2. Garage decks (for cars, buses, trucks) are decks 3-4-5. Car Deck 4 has a hydraulic platform that when lowered divides it into two (on 2 layers) to double the space for passenger vehicles.
Car decks are closed during the crossing. Visiting garage decks during the voyage is allowed only with the Captain's permission. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Viking Line (founded in 1959, headquartered in Mariehamn, Aland Finland) serves the cargo and passenger shipping traffic between Sweden and Finland (via Aland Islands), Estonia and Poland. Viking Line current fleet includes the ships Amorella, Cinderella, Gabriella, Glory (2021), Grace, Mariella, Rosella, XPRS.
Viking Gabriella ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Viking Gabriella ferryAdd Photo
Other VIKING LINE cruise ships
Viking Gabriella ferry Wiki
The vessel was ordered on September 28, 1989, and was floated out on January 23, 1991. It was delivered to Sea-Link Shipping on May 4, 1992, christened ("Frans Suell") on May 16 and started its maiden crossing on May 17.
Ship's powerplant includes 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model Pielstick 12PC2 6V-400E, total power output 23,8 MW). Propulsion consists of two shaft lines (with fixed pitch propellers) and 3x thrusters (2x bow, 1x stern). Ship's hull is ice-strengthened (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in icy waters without icebreaking vessel assistance. Sisterships are Crown Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Tallink Isabelle, Viking Amorella.
Initially, the ferry served the Sweden-Germany route Malmo-Travemunde (Lubeck), first leaving daily from both ports, then the schedule was changed to with overnight crossings (departures every second day).
In 1994, the ship was sold to SILJA LINE, reconstructed and refurbished (drydock in Helsinki Finland, at Vuosaari shipyard), renamed "Silja Scandinavia" and deployed on the Stockholm-Turku route until 1996.
In November 1996, the ship was acquired by VIKING LINE. In April 2017 the ferry was drydock-refurbished at Vuosaari, renamed "Viking Gabriella" and on April 17 started the Helsinki-Stockholm service. On this route in June 1999 was added Aland (Mariehamn).
In early-March 2021, VIKING LINE announced plans for July cruises from Helsinki to Turku, Tallinn Estonia and Mariehamn. The schedule coincided with the Tall Ships Races and Mariehamn's Rockoff Festival. For July 4, Viking Gabriella (for the first time) was scheduled to visit two mainland-Finland ports. The Helsinki to Turku cruise included 9 hours ashore to allow passengers to enjoy the tall sailing ships (moored on River Aura) or book the optional excursion to Naantali's Muumimaailma (Moomin World/1993-opened theme park based on Tove Jansson's Moomins books).
The shipowner VIKING LINE takes out of service each its cruise ferries once every 2 years (on average) for drydock refurbishments, technical maintenance, and equipment upgrades.
Viking Gabriella ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review