Crown Seaways ferry current position
Crown Seaways ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 56.81950 N / 12.26200 E) cruising at speed of 17.8 kn (33 kph/ 20 mph) en route to DKCPH<>DKFDH<>NOOSL. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Crown Seaways ferry
|Year built||1994 / Age: 26|
|Builder||Brodosplit Shipyard (Split, Croatia)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Copenhagen-Oslo|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||172 m / 564 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||35495 gt|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Sister-ships||Viking Amorella, Viking Gabriella, Tallink Isabelle, Pearl Seaways|
|Former names||Crown of Scandinavia, Thomas Mann, Frans Kockum|
Crown Seaways ferry Review
Review of Crown Seaways ferry
MS Crown Seaways ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 1790 passengers and 450 cars plus 60 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 1994 and currently operates on the Denmark-Norway ferry route Copenhagen-Oslo (crossing time 17 hours).
As cruise ferry, Crown Seaways has 637 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 2026 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. All cabins offer as complimentary amenities bedding, bathroom (WC, shower, washbasin, towels), large mirror, flat TV (except standard and economy cabins), writing desk with chair, wardrobe with hangers, European plug points (220V 2-pin sockets).
- COMMODORE are premium outside cabins in categories Commodore, Commodore De Luxe, Commodore Balcony, and Commodore Owner Suite. All Commodore-class cabins are fitted with mini-bar, mirrored vanity/writing table with chair, flat TV, hairdryer, double bed (some convertible to twins), bedside table-cabinet, reading lamps, wardrobe, seating area (1 round table with 2 chairs), porthole window (square-shaped, non-opening). Bonus COMMODORE-class amenities include steward service, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, 1/4 bottle of sparkling wine per passenger (outward crossing only).
- Commodore De Luxe and Balcony cabins and Suites additionally receive exclusive access to COMMODORE DELUXE LOUNGE. The lounge is open 24-hour (boarding card access). There are offered unlimited snacks and beverages (pastries, cakes, cookies, fruits, wine and beer by the glass, tea-coffee, soft drinks, juices, bottled mineral water), complimentary use of conference rooms (Wi-Fi, 2x Mac computers per meeting room, newspapers, magazines).
- STANDARD CLASS COMFORT cabins additionally offer fruit basket, bottled water, 1/4 bottle of sparkling wine, newspaper.
- ECONOMY cabins are 4-bed inside staterooms located on lower decks and each with 4 bunk beds (2 lower plus 2 upper beds).
- Other cabin categories available are STANDARD INSIDE (2 or 4-bed) and STANDARD SEAVIEW (2-4-5-bed, large non-opening square window).
- STANDARD and ECONOMY cabins are without en-suite bathrooms and their passengers use shared restrooms-showers.
Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). DFDS Seaways ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins".
- For passengers with disabilities are available 2x outside and 2x inside cabins.
- Onboard lifts are suitable for wheelchairs. The ship has 1x aft lift (door opening 1 m, size 2,2x1,2 m), 3x forward lifts (door opening 0,9 m, size 1,6x1,3 m), as well as disabled toilets in handicap cabins and on decks 7-8.
- Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (double/triple occupancy). The animals must be transported in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled.
The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge with reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Crown Seaways ship offers:
- (Deck 1) Engine room, Storage, Bakery
- (Deck 2) Seaways-class staterooms, crew cabins, crew gym
- (Deck 3) Car deck
- (Deck 4) Car platform (lowered hydraulically)
- (Deck 5) Seaways-class staterooms
- (Deck 6) Seaways-class staterooms, crew cabins, Adventure Club SPA, Bubble Zone (family play area with swimming pool)
- (Deck 7) Information Desk / Reception, ATM/cash machine/bureau de change, Wi-Fi service, Tax-Free Sea Shop, Baresso Coffee, Children's Playroom, Commodore / Seaways-class staterooms, crew cabins
- (Deck 8) Galley, 7 Seas Buffet Restaurant (offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks), Little Italy (Italian Restaurant), Explorer's Restaurant, Blue Riband Restaurant, Marco Polo Restaurant, Latitude Cafe, Red, and White Wine Bar, Navigator's Bar, Columbus Night Club
- (Deck 9) Sky Club Discotheque (lower level 1 of 2), Commodore-class staterooms, crew cabins, crew mess
- (Deck 10) Sky Club Discotheque (upper level 2 of 2, balcony), Conference Centre, crew cabins (officers quarters)
- (Deck 11) Commodore Balcony staterooms, crew cabins (deck officers), Commodore Deluxe Lounge
- (Deck 12) Navigation Bridge
- Baresso Coffee serves beverages, cocktails, coffee drinks, light snacks, gourmet sweets, fresh fruits and juices, premium ice-cream. It is fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sporting and musical programs.
- Road Kings area (with showers, restaurant, quiet lounge) is exclusively dedicated for truck drivers.
- Premium Lounge is the spot for travelers looking for extra privacy where they can enjoy complimentary coffees, teas, cold drinks, snacks, newspapers.
- Pirates Island / Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The club lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs) and large TVs.
- Ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Garage decks can accommodate trucks (trailers), cars, caravans, motorhomes, motorcycles, and bicycles - all without baggage restrictions. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner DFDS Seaways (headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a Danish shipping company that operates passenger and freight ferry services in Northern Europe. DFDS Seaways current fleet includes the ships Athena Seaways, Calais Seaways, Cote D'Albatre, Cote des Dunes, Cote des Flandres, Cote D'Opale (EFlexer), Crown Seaways, Delft Seaways, Dover Seaways, Dunkerque Seaways, King Seaways, Liverpool Seaways, Optima Seaways, Patria Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Princess Seaways, Regina Seaways, Seven Sisters, Victoria Seaways.
Crown Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crown Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Crown Seaways ferry Wiki
The vessel was launched on April 6, 1992, and delivered on June 11, 1994. Two vessels were ordered by EUROWAY - Swedish cruise ferry company operating on Sweden-Germany routes between 1992-1994 (defunct). Originally, both ferries ("Frans Kockum" and the sistership "Frans Suell" / now Viking Gabriella) were planned for the Malmo-Travemunde service and ordered to Brodosplit Shipyard (Split, Croatia). Frans Suell's delivery was delayed with 1 year (1992 instead of 1991) due to the Croatian War (1991-1995). Based on the route's poor profitability and further delays in Frans Kockum's construction, Euroway canceled the order. The vessel (under construction) was renamed "Thomas Mann" and in March 1994 left Brodosplit to arrive in Fincantieri Trieste shipyard for outfitting and finalizing.
On May 12, 1994, DFDS acquired the ship, which was officially delivered on June 11. From Trieste, the new ferry went to Bremerhaven Germany. During the drydock at Lloyd Werft, two stern sponsons were added to improve stability. On July 26, the ferry (renamed "Crown of Scandinavia") started operations for Scandinavian Seaways (DFDS) on the route Copenhagen-Helsingborg-Oslo. To cut down fuel costs and harbor pilotage expenses, in October 2006 port Helsingborg was dropped from the service.
In January 2005, the ferry was completely rebuilt at Oresund Shipyard in Landskrona, Sweden.
Ship's powerplant includes 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model PIELSTICK 12PC2-6V, combined output 23,8 MW). The propulsion system includes 2x shafts with controllable-pitch propellers. Ship's hull is ice-strengthened (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in icy waters without icebreaking vessel assistance. Sisterships are Pearl Seaways, Tallink Isabelle, Viking Amorella, Viking Gabriella.
Crown Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review