Optima Seaways ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Optima Seaways ferry
|Year built||1999 / Age : 20|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Visentini (Porto Viro / Venice, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Karlshamn-Klaipeda|
|Owner||DFDS Lisco AB|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||186 m / 610 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||25206 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||Lisco Optima, Svealand, Alyssa|
Current position of Optima Seaways ferry
Review of Optima Seaways ferry
MS Optima Seaways ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 324 passengers and 180 cars (or 135 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 1999 and currently operates on the Sweden-Lithuania ferry route Karlshamn-Klaipeda (crossing time 13 hours).
As cruise ferry, Optima Seaways has 66 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 264 berths. bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship has Commodore-class, double, triple-quad cabins. Baby cot beds are available on request (at ship's Reception Desk).
- (3 rooms on Deck 6) Commodore Deluxe cabins are sized 11 m2. Cabin amenities include a double bed, bedside table-cabinet, reading lamps, mirrored writing table with chair, mini-bar (fridge), flat TV, wardrobe, low table with 2 leather armchairs, porthole window (square-shaped, non-opening), en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, hairdryer, towels).
- (3 rooms on Deck 6) 2-Bed Outside cabins with Porthole Window (square-shaped, non-opening) are sized 7 m2. Cabin amenities include 2 bunk beds (one stacked on top of the other, under-bed drawers, bedding), writing table with chest, chair, wardrobe, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, hairdryer, towels).
- (11 rooms on Deck 6) 4-Bed Outside cabins with Porthole Window (square-shaped, non-opening) are sized 9 m2. Cabin amenities include 4 beds (2 lower plus 2 upper bunks, under-bed drawers, bedding), small writing table with chest, chair, wardrobe, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, hairdryer, towels).
- (49 rooms on decks 5-6) 4-Bed Inside cabins are sized 9 m2. Cabin amenities include 4 beds (2 lower plus 2 upper bunks), bedding, small writing table with chest, chair, wardrobe, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, hairdryer, towels).
- Of the 49 Inside cabins, 2x are "disabled" and 4x are "Pet-friendly" (with linoleum flooring).
The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). DFDS Seaways ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins". Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (quad occupancy). The animals must be transported in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled.
The boat additionally offers a Reserved Seating Lounge (Deck 5) with 72x reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Optima Seaways ship offers:
- Restaurant 7 Seas offers a la carte-priced menu with a wide selection of starters, main courses, gourmet desserts, premium wines. Kids menu ("Happy Pirate") is also available.
- Food Express / Horizon Snack Bar / Self-Service Restaurant offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks.
- Lighthouse Cafe serves beverages, cocktails, coffee drinks, light snacks, gourmet sweets, fresh fruits and juices, premium ice-cream. It is fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sporting and musical programs.
- Road Kings area (with showers, restaurant, quiet lounge) is exclusively dedicated for truck drivers.
- Premium Lounge is the spot for travelers looking for extra privacy where they can enjoy complimentary coffees, teas, cold drinks, snacks, newspapers.
- Pirates Island / Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The club lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception).
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs) and large TVs.
- Ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator DFDS Seaways (headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a Danish shipping company that operates passenger and freight ferry services in Northern Europe. DFDS Seaways current fleet includes the ships Athena Seaways, Calais Seaways, Cote D'Albatre, Cote des Dunes, Cote des Flandres, Crown Seaways, Delft Seaways, Dover Seaways, Dunkerque Seaways, King Seaways, Liverpool Seaways, Optima Seaways, Patria Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Princess Seaways, Regina Seaways, Seven Sisters, Victoria Seaways.
Optima Seaways ferry wiki
The ship (as "MS Alyssa") was delivered to Royal Maritime Ltd in August 1999 and chartered to COTUNAV CTN for company's Tunisia-Europe service. In the period 1999-2005, the shipowner was Levantina Trasporti SRL.
In 2000, the ferry was chartered to Trasmediterranea serving the routes between Majorca Island and mainland Spain. In 2001, the ship (renamed "MS Svealand") was chartered by STENA LINE (for Scandlines - acquired by STENA in 2000) and deployed on the Sweden-Germany route Trelleborg-Travemunde. In 2003, it was repositioned on the Kiel-Klaipeda route.
In 2005, Levantina Trasporti sold the vessel to Stena Bermuda Line Ltd. In 2006, it was chartered by TT LINE and returned on the Trelleborg-Travemunde service. In late-2006, the vessel was sold to DFDS Lisco, renamed "Lisco Optima" and deployed on the Kiel-Klaipeda route.
In 2009-2011, the ferry operated the Sweden-Lithuania route Karlshamn-Klaipeda. Renamed "Optima Seaways" in April 2012, the ship restarted the Kiel-Klaipeda service.
Optima Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Optima Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Optima Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review