Cote D'Albatre ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Cote D'Albatre ferry
|Year built||2006 / Age : 13|
|Builder||Barreras Shipyard (Vigo, Spain)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Newhaven-Dieppe|
|Owner||Keolis Seine Maritime SAS|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||143 m / 469 ft|
|Beam (width)||24 m / 79 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||18564 gt|
Current routes of Cote D'Albatre ferry
Cote D'Albatre ferry current cruise is 8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast. Prices start from USD 1791 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 18 May, 2019 and ends on 25 May, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 May||Departing from Trogir, Croatia hotels|
|19 May||Hvar Island, Hvar, Croatia|
|19 May||Brac Island, Sumartin, Croatia|
|19 May||Trogir, Croatia|
|20 May||Korcula Island, Korcula, Croatia|
|20 May||Hvar Island, Hvar, Croatia|
|21 May||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|21 May||Korcula Island, Korcula, Croatia|
|22 May||Mljet Island, Sobra, Croatia|
|22 May||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|23 May||Omis, Croatia|
|23 May||Brac Island, Sumartin, Croatia|
|23 May||Mljet Island, Sobra, Croatia|
|24 May||Trogir, Croatia|
|24 May||Split, Croatia|
|24 May||Brac Island, Sumartin, Croatia|
|25 May||Arriving in Trogir, Croatia hotels|
Review of Cote D'Albatre ferry
MS Cote D'Albatre ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 600 passengers and 224 cars (or 75 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 2006 and currently operates on the England-France ferry route Newhaven-Dieppe (English Channel crossing time 4 hours).
As cruise ferry, Cote D'Albatre has 50 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 196 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms and are both inside and outside. A cot is available on request at the ship's reception desk.
The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). DFDS Seaways ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins". Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (double/triple occupancy). The animals must be in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled.
The boat additionally offers 2 spacious Reserved Seating Lounges with reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking (one private and one in vessel's open area). The seats recline fully and turn into 2.1-meter long horizontal beds. Cote D'Albatre also offers free standard type seats.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Cote D'Albatre ship offers:
- Restaurant 7 Seas offers a la carte-priced menu with a wide selection of starters, main courses, gourmet desserts, premium wines. Kids menu ("Happy Pirate") is also available.
- Maupassant Self-Service Restaurant offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks.
- Lighthouse Cafe serves beverages, cocktails, coffee drinks, light snacks, gourmet sweets, fresh fruits and juices, premium ice-cream. It is fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sporting and musical programs.
- Road Kings area (with showers, restaurant, quiet lounge) is exclusively dedicated for truck drivers.
- Premium Lounge is the spot for travelers looking for extra privacy where they can enjoy complimentary coffees, teas, cold drinks, snacks, newspapers.
- Pirates Island / Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The club lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception).
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs) and large TVs.
- Passengers with reduced mobility are offered one cabin that has been specially adapted. Unfortunately, no access is provided to the economy sleeper seat lounge (Open Space) for disabled passengers.
- Ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Garage decks can be loaded on 2 levels with vehicle access from both bow and stern. Marine doors are served by pneumatic and hydraulic drives. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator DFDS Seaways (headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a Danish shipping company that operates passenger and freight ferry services in Northern Europe. DFDS Seaways current fleet includes the ships Athena Seaways, Calais Seaways, Cote D'Albatre, Cote des Dunes, Cote des Flandres, Crown Seaways, Delft Seaways, Dover Seaways, Dunkerque Seaways, King Seaways, Liverpool Seaways, Optima Seaways, Patria Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Princess Seaways, Regina Seaways, Seven Sisters, Victoria Seaways.
Cote D'Albatre ferry wiki
The vessel was launched on July 22, 2005, and acquired in October. The inaugural cruise was on March 6, 2006. Initial ship operator was Transmanche Ferries - French shipping company (a subsidiary of Louis Dreyfus Group) specializing exclusively in English Channel crossings (Newhaven-Dieppe). In 2014, Transmanche Ferries merged with another Louis Dreyfus Group brand (LD Lines) and subsequently with DFDS Seaways.
The ship Cote D'Albatre is also identical to ferries operated by the Spanish companies BALEARIA and Navairas ARMAS.
Cote D'Albatre ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Cote D'Albatre ferryAdd Photo
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Cote D'Albatre ferry Itineraries
The below listed Cote D'Albatre ferry cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Ferries fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 27||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 May 04||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 May 11||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight||$1791|
|2019 May 18||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight||$1791|
|2019 May 25||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jun 01||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight||$1791|
|2019 Jun 08||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jun 15||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jun 22||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jun 29||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jul 06||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jul 13||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jul 20||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Jul 27||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Aug 03||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight||$1791|
|2019 Aug 10||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Aug 17||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight||$1791|
|2019 Aug 24||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Aug 31||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Sep 07||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Sep 14||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Sep 21||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Sep 28||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Oct 05||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|
|2019 Oct 12||8 days, round-trip Adriatic Coast||Flight|