Aura Seaways ferry current position
Aura Seaways ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 55.68545 N / 21.13633 E) cruising en route to Klaipeda. The AIS position was reported 6 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Aura Seaways ferry
|Year built||2021 / Age: 1|
|Builder||COMEC Guangzhou Shipyard (Nansha-Guangzhou, China)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Klaipeda-Karlshamn, Klaipeda-Kiel|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||230 m / 755 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||56043 gt|
|Passengers||600 - 690|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Aura Seaways ferry Review
Review of Aura Seaways ferry
MS Aura Seaways ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 690 passengers and 600 cars (or 170 trailers). The vessel was launched in 2021 and currently operates on the ferry routes Lithuania-Sweden (Klaipeda-Karlshamn) and Lithuania-Germany (Klaipeda-Kiel).
As cruise ferry, Aura Seaways has 250 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 690 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, shower, WC-toilet). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship has Commodore-class, double, triple and quad cabins. Baby cot beds are available on request (at the Reception Desk).
- (1-bed) Commodore Deluxe Cabins (size 8 m2 / 85 ft2) have a double bed. All Commodore cabins are fitted with mini-bar, mirrored vanity/writing table with chair, LCDTV, hairdryer, separate bathroom, bedside table-cabinet, reading lamps, wardrobe, seating area (1 round coffee table with 2 leather armchairs), porthole window (square-shaped, non-opening).
- (2-bed) Standard Sea View Cabin is a Double Outside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) with 2 bunk beds (lower and upper), porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- (4-bed) Standard Sea View Cabin is a Quad Outside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) with either 4 bunk beds (2 lower plus 2 uppers) or 2 beds, porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- All standard cabins are fitted with a mirror, separate bathroom (WC/shower/washbasin), bedside table, wardrobe, seating area (1 table with 2 chairs).
There are also Double Inside and Quad Inside cabins (without windows), also with bunk beds ad bathrooms. Some outside cabins are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers) and larger-sized.
DFDS Seaways ferries also have pet-friendly accommodations (aka "Pet Cabins"). Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (double/triple/quad occupancy). The animals must be in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled.
The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge, fitted with a Restroom, Shower Room, and a total of 116 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Aura Seaways ship offers:
- A La Carte Restaurant Mare Balticum offers a la carte-priced menu with a wide selection of starters, main courses, gourmet desserts, premium wines. Kids menu ("Happy Pirate") is also available.
- 7 Seas Buffet is a Buffet / Self-Service Restaurant that offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks.
- Navigator's Bar serves beverages, cocktails, coffee, light snacks, sweets.
- Lighthouse Cafe serves drinks, coffee, sweets, fresh fruits, premium ice-cream.
- Both bars are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sports and music programs.
- Pirate's Island by Curiocity Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax-Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception.
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
The ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
The ferry's cargo decks are accessed via two stern ramps plus interconnecting internal ramps.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Aura Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Aura Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Aura Seaways ferry Wiki
Aura Seaways (IMO number 9851036) is the first in a 2-ship series (followed by Luna Seaways) built by COMEC (fka GSI-Guangzhou Shipyard International) in Guangzhou, China. AURA was delivered to the shipowner (DFDS) on December 13, 2021, and departed China/GSI on December 20th. The relocation voyage to Europe (Guangzhou-Karlshamn-Klaipeda) was via Suez Canal and included two bunkering stops (anchorage in Singapore on Dec 23-24, and Valletta Malta on Jan 7-9) for loading fuel and provisions (food, water, other supplies). The ship arrived at its homeports on Jan 16 (Karlshamn and Klaipeda).
DFDS Aura ship's first hull block assembly started in December 2019, and the vessel was launched/floated out from drydock in November 2020. The 2-phase sea trials were successfully completed in May and October 2021. AURA's construction was officially completed in November and delivered in December 2021.
By cargo capacity (4500 lanemeters) and DWT/deadweight tonnage (~12750 tons), both new-class boats are DFDS fleet's largest so far. The hulls are ice-strengthened (ICE-1C class) allowing winter navigation in the Baltic Sea.
The shipbuilder COMEC Ltd (CSSC Offshore and Marine Engineering Company/ fka GSI-Guangzhou Shipyard International Co Ltd) is Southern China's largest shipbuilding enterprise. COMEC Ltd generally specializes in ships construction and ship repairs, as well as manufacturing of steel structures and mechanical/electrical equipment. COMEC has two large shipyards (both in the Guangdong Province) - Guangzhou and Foshan. COMEC's parent company is CSSC (China State Shipbuilding Corporation) - one of China's top 10 defense groups.
Aura Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review