Patria Seaways ferry current position
Patria Seaways ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 59.69939 N / 20.53937 E) cruising at speed of 14.5 kn (27 kph/ 17 mph) en route to PLN - KPS - PLN. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Patria Seaways ferry
|Year built||1992 / Age: 30|
|Builder||(Oresund DryDocks) Bruces Shipyard (Landskrona, Sweden)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Karlshamn-Klaipeda|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||154 m / 505 ft|
|Beam (width)||24 m / 79 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||18332 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||Lisco Patria, TT-Traveller, Stena Traveller|
|Operator||AB DFDS Lisco|
Patria Seaways ferry Review
Review of Patria Seaways ferry
MS Patria Seaways ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 260 passengers and 480 cars (or 105 trailers). The vessel was launched in 1992 and currently operates on the Sweden-Lithuania ferry route Karlshamn-Klaipeda (crossing time 13 hours).
As cruise ferry, Patria Seaways has 87 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) with a total of 209 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, washbasin). The ship has Commodore-class, single, double and quad cabins (no "Pet Cabins"). All cabins are fitted with a wardrobe, seating area (small dining table with chairs), mirrored writing desk with chair.
The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Baby cot beds are available on request (at the Reception Desk).
The onboard accommodation options include:
- (2 rooms on Deck 6) Commodore Deluxe Cabin (sizes 18 m2 / 195 ft2 and 26 m2 / 280 ft2) has double bed, coffee table, mini-bar, mirrored vanity / writing table with chair, flat TV, hairdryer, separate bathroom (WC / shower / washbasin), bedside table-cabinet, reading lamps, wardrobe, seating area (1 round table, 2 armchairs, 3-seater sofa), Porthole window (square-shaped, non-opening).
- (3 rooms on Deck 6) Outside Single Cabin (sized 10 m2 / 110 ft2) has a single bed, 2-seater sofa, armchair, Porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- (6 rooms on Deck 5) 2-bed / Deluxe Outside Double Cabin (sized 13 m2 / 140 ft2) has 2 bunk beds (lower and upper), round table with armchair, desk with chair, large window (non-opening).
- (35 rooms on Decks 5-6) 2-bed / Outside Double Cabin (sized 10 m2 / 110 ft2) has 2 bunk beds (lower and upper), 2-seater sofa, square table, Porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- (5 rooms on Deck 5) 4-bed / Deluxe Outside Quad Cabin (sized 16 m2 / 170 ft2) has 4 bunk beds (2 lower plus 2 upper Pullman beds), round table with 2 armchairs, desk with chair, 2 large windows (non-opening).
- (22 rooms on decks 5-6) 2-bed / Inside Double Cabin (sized 10 m2 / 110 ft2) has 2 bunk beds (lower and upper), 2-seater sofa, square table with chair, no window.
- (14 rooms on deck 6) 4-bed / Inside Quad Cabin (size 10 m2 / 110 ft2) has 4 bunk beds (lower and upper), square table, no window.
One stateroom is wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge. The salon has a total of 51 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1 hour prior to ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Patria Seaways ship offers:
- A La Carte Restaurant Mare Balticum (capacity 36 seats) offers a la carte-priced menu with a wide selection of starters, main courses, gourmet desserts, premium wines. Kids menu ("Happy Pirate") is also available.
- Buffet / Self-Service Restaurant (capacity 56 seats) offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks.
- Kapitono Bar serves beverages, cocktails, coffee, light snacks, sweets.
- Outdoor Bar (capacity 48 seats) serves drinks, coffee, sweets, fresh fruits, premium ice-cream.
- Both bars are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sports and music programs.
- Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 5).
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs).
The ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Patria Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Patria Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Patria Seaways ferry Wiki
The vessel was ordered on September 22, 1989, and launched (floated out from drydock) on October 8, 1990. On March 25, 1991, the ship was towed to Norway for outfitting. The new ferry (Stena Traveller) was delivered to STENA LINE on December 5, 1991, and christened in Port Goteborg. Ferry's sistership is Leif Ericson (MARINE ATLANTIC). The ship is powered by two SULZER marine diesel engines (8-cylinder, model ZAL40S) with total power 10,3 MW. The propulsion system includes two controllable pitch propellers.
The UK-Holland service (Hoek van Holland-Harwich) was started on April 1, 1992. In May-September 1992 was served the UK-France route Southampton-Cherbourg. In the period December 1992 through November 1995, the ship was chartered by TT-LINE (Germany) and operated under the name "TT-Traveller".
In the period November 1995 through September 1996, the cruise ferry served the UK (Wales)-Ireland route Holyhead-Dublin. In December 1996 was served the UK-Spain route Harwich-Santander. In the period February 1997 through January 2002 was operated the Sweden-Germany service Trelleborg-Rostock. In the period February 2002 through May 2004 was served the Sweden-Poland route Karlskrona-Gdynia.
On April 30, 2004, the vessel was sold to the Cyprus-based company Aukse Multipurpose Shipping Ltd. On May 10, 2004, the ship was chartered by DFDS Lisco and renamed "Lisco Patria". Between May 2004 and June 2005 was served the Sweden-Lithuania route Karlshamn-Klaipeda.
In May 2011, the ferry was chartered to Baltic Scandinavia Lines and deployed on the Sweden-Estonia route Kapellskar-Paldiski (operated through October 2014). In September 2001, Baltic Scandinavia Lines was acquired by DFDS. On January 5, 2012, the ship was renamed to "Patria Seaways".
In 2015, the cruise ferry was chartered as a hotel ship for Baltic Sea offshore wind power projects. In the period January 2016 through January 2018, the ship was chartered by P&O FERRIES and served the routes Hull-Zeebrugge, Karlshamn-Klaipeda, Kapellskar-Paldiski. In 2018 (January-March) was operated the route Trelleborg-Rostock.
Patria Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review